Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 20:27   #676
BHPian

Re: Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery

[quote=rob_ox;2717222]Thanks

Hey Ron, Do you have the original Owners Manuel of the car, if so can you share with me. Also can you share few photos of the waterpump.
Old 19th April 2012, 16:33   #677

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
Hey Rob, Do you have the original Owners Manuel of the car, if so can you share with me. Also can you share few photos of the waterpump.
I do have the original (Morris) owners manual, but I have not scanned it.
They come up for sale sometimes.

I can't share a photo of the waterpump just yet - the engine is out of the car and at an engineer's shop.
Old 19th April 2012, 20:47   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_ox View Post
I do have the original (Morris) owners manual, but I have not scanned it.
They come up for sale sometimes.

I can't share a photo of the waterpump just yet - the engine is out of the car and at an engineer's shop.

Hey Rob, thanks for the reply. when possible can you share the photo of the water pump & the fuel pump also how the fuel pump is connected. My land master is missing them.
Old 21st April 2012, 15:43   #679

Quote:
Hey Rob, thanks for the reply. when possible can you share the photo of the water pump & the fuel pump also how the fuel pump is connected. My land master is missing them.
Here are some photos of the fuel pump. It is an SU H.P. pump.

Parts are still available from the UK as are the braided petrol hoses with the correct fittings crimped on the ends.

Fuel pump is in the boot, behind to the fuel filler neck. It attaches to a metal plate and there are rubber grommets between the plate and the body to cut down noise from the pump - it clicks as petrol is pumped.
Note the earth wire - needed because of the rubber grommets.

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dscf8598.jpg

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-dscf8599.jpg
rob_ox is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 00:04   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_ox View Post
Here are some photos of the fuel pump. It is an SU H.P. pump.Parts are still available from the UK as are the braided petrol hoses with the correct fittings crimped on the ends.
Fuel pump is in the boot, behind to the fuel filler neck. It attaches to a metal plate ...down noise from the pump - it clicks as petrol is pumped.
Indian Landys also had the similar electric fuel pump, located exactly on this position. Even the first Ambassadors had this arrangement until the advent of the mechanical diaphragm pumps.
Sourcing of the braided hoses are quite easy as industrial hose suppliers who can custom make it with the crimping on to the required end fitting.

Last edited by rajeev k : 6th May 2012 at 00:07.
Old 7th May 2012, 15:14   #681
BHPian

Ambassador Mark II !!

Hi all,
Posting on TBHP after very long time & its regarding a Ambassador Mark II which has been donated to my college's Automobile Engg. dept i.e. department where I am studying for a practical purpose.
It has been donated to us by Mr.Vaishampayan, a well known advocate from Chiplun (Dist.- Ratnagiri, Maharashtra) who is the 1st owner of a vehicle.
A vehicle is dieselized version & grill & tail lamps has also been changed. He still has original petrol engine at his place which will be available to our department soon.
Here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-photo0001-medium.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-photo0002-medium.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-photo0003-medium.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-photo0004-medium.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-photo0005-medium.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-photo0006-medium.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-photo0007-medium.jpg  

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-photo0008-medium.jpg  

dhrishikesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 15:24   #682
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ambassador Mark II !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Hi all,
Posting on TBHP after very long time & its regarding a Ambassador Mark II which has been donated to my college's Automobile Engg. dept i.e.
This is a Mark III not a Mark II.
Old 7th May 2012, 19:33   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ambassador Mark II !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
This is a Mark III not a Mark II.
Well as he mentioned, the grille and tail-lamps have been switched. twas a common mod in old Ambys, I've seen even mk1s here modified completely to look like Novas, ISZ etc. identifiable only by their numbers!

The number on this car seems to be from a later date, mid 70s to be precise.
Old 2nd June 2012, 14:05   #684

Quote:
Hey Rob, Do you have the original Owners Manuel of the car, if so can you share with me. Also can you share few photos of the waterpump.
I have now scanned the original Owners Manual from my 1956 series II Oxford. The .pdf file is 3.4MB, so it is quite big. Where is the best place to put it?

I have also scanned the manual for a 1954 Morris Cowley - almost the same as an Oxford, but with a 1200cc engine and less chrome, no clock, no horn ring etc.
These pages are still .jpg files.
rob_ox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:42   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_ox

I have now scanned the original Owners Manual from my 1956 series II Oxford. The .pdf file is 3.4MB, so it is quite big. Where is the best place to put it?

I have also scanned the manual for a 1954 Morris Cowley - almost the same as an Oxford, but with a 1200cc engine and less chrome, no clock, no horn ring etc.
These pages are still .jpg files.
Hi rob how about uploading it to a cloud server like dropbox and posting a public link here. Cant wait to take a look alternatively i posted individual pages as jpeg files on my thread, maybe you can create a new thread for this pupose called vintage car manuals. I will then scan and post my fiat, mercedes and rover catalogs. Thanks and regards
Old 3rd June 2012, 10:29   #686
Senior - BHPian

At display at the Hindustan motors showroom at mumbai, mahalaxmi. What's the history ? Loaned or company owned

Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-image982355531.jpg
kasli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 10:55   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli
At display at the Hindustan motors showroom at mumbai, mahalaxmi. What's the history ? Loaned or company owned
Owned by the owners, however highly modified. The front grill is not original. I am told that the engine is also a later ohv unit. But makes for a splendid display.
Old 3rd June 2012, 12:23   #688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
Thanks kasli.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Owned by the owners, however highly modified. The front grill is not original. I am told that the engine is also a later ohv unit. But makes for a splendid display.
Right Amol. The car has been displayed in the media often. It is modified with a Mark II front grille, bumpers and so on. The condition has been more or less the same since a decade or so. The OVRM is an addition I believe. It looks so awful and cheap with this car!!
This car was featured in AUTOCAR India and road tested some five plus years back.I still have that issue with me.The tester said the car is so heavy and the engine underpowered to pull it ably through the city traffic.Don't know what his comments would have been had the car been still fitted with its original side valve?
The point is that since the owners like to display the car in the showroom and through the media, it would have been worthwhile to make it look more original.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 3rd June 2012 at 12:27.
Old 13th June 2012, 23:18   #689
Senior - BHPian

Saw this lovable Ambassador at Trivandrum today morning. Barring the Steering wheel it is every inch an original 1967 model though the reversing lamps & ORVM is later additions. The green colour too is a repaint as this kind of green first appeared in 1970
Attached Thumbnails
Landmaster And Ambassador Picture Gallery-amby-tvm.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 13th June 2012 at 23:20.
rajeev k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 23:32   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Barring the Steering wheel it is every inch an original 1967 model though the reversing lamps & ORVM is later additions.
I've been looking for the old steering wheel with the horn being a ring within the wheel. I'm not sure if it is from an Ambassador or Premier, but it does seem very convenient to use as one doesn't have to shift his/her hand from the wheel to the center 'hub' of the steering wheel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks