Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2023, 13:29   #37936
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
And what is this craze of "cute girl reactions" videos?
Said before, will be said again, sadly to no avail. When "cute girls" stop being impressed by this nonsense the world will be a safer place.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 14:22   #37937
BHPian

The youtube channel of the deceased biker is littered with overspeeding videos and extremely reckless riding.

One of the aftermath videos shows a person in a swift taking a capture of the biker lying on the road and the Ninja on the opposite corner of the road.

Sad to see a young life pass away.
Old 5th May 2023, 14:40   #37938
One
BHPian

Conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
"cute girls" stop being impressed
Vs

Stop being impressed by cute girls

Vs

Girls stop being cute
One is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 14:49   #37939
Senior - BHPian

I don't feel sorry for such guys. My immediate reaction is "one menace off the road". Such guys endanger too many people on the roads, apart from themselves. I read he was trying to cross 250 kmph on the Yamuna expressway. Whether he fell or some other vehicle hit him is merely academic.

Last edited by Gansan : 5th May 2023 at 14:50.
Gansan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 15:30   #37940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
His friend claims it was a hit and run accident.
This has to be a joke. His average speed looks like is 200+. To hit him means, it has to be one of these other “YouTube bikers”.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 16:29   #37941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Youtuber and rider Agastay died on spot while trying to reach top speed on a Ninja ZX 10 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
His friend claims it was a hit and run accident. Not sure about the authenticity of it but damages to the bike also don't correspond to a high speed crash. RIP to the departed soul.
The news article snapshot embedded in the video shared by ramki.grandhi mentions that the bike hit the divider, rider fell and the helmet broke into pieces.

I don't know if helmets are designed to break into pieces on impact. However, I am assuming the speeds would have been sufficiently high to break the helmet.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 16:48   #37942
BHPian

Quote:
Youtuber and rider Agastay died on spot while trying to reach top speed on a Ninja ZX 10 R
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=DGNhYPnd3Ac
One of my childhood friends passed away a long time ago, when he was 19 and reckless on an Apache.

I have a very violent reaction to even seeing those videos of 'touching top speeds' on highways or city roads. As in, I want to punch such people right on the chin and then ask them to take their behinds and bikes to a race track and off the highways. This also invokes memories of a recent video of a person fatally crashing his Creta into an incoming truck, while recording a similar video of 'touching top speeds'.

That's just me and my personal opinion. If anything, I feel sad that a young life is lost in a manner similar to what I've known in my past. But I also am utterly pissed off that he thought he had to do something asinine like that in order to feel liked or relevant, in the first place.

Last edited by Small Bot : 5th May 2023 at 16:51.
Small Bot is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 17:07   #37943
BHPian

This entire incident is like the famous quote "Speed thrills but kills". If only people didn't have that feeling to show-off their "skills", we wouldn't have such accidents.
Old 5th May 2023, 18:23   #37944
Senior - BHPian

If some videos are to be believed to be the real ones, the biker grazed the divider and then fell off on the other side of the road right onto the high speed lane of oncoming traffic. Might have got hit with another vehicle or hit concrete real hard.

What I found strange is why did the biker get so close to the divider. This is the most basic lesson of driving or riding. Either he was distracted by something or lost in thoughts, probably thinking of cute girls.

Just checked his youtube channel. His last video was about attempting to hit 300 kmph, and then record some reactions of girls in Delhi. Oh Boy, the ambitions and goals of today's youth!
NiInJa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 18:37   #37945

We went to the Renault service center to pick up our Kwid and I saw this badly mangled Triber. No idea what happened though. I'll let the pictures do the talking (last pic is kind of a close-up of the front left side, notice all the damage that's been done )
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20230505-6.27.49-pm.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20230505-6.27.48-pm.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20230505-6.27.47-pm-1.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20230505-6.27.47-pm.jpeg  

Old 5th May 2023, 21:06   #37946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Said before, will be said again, sadly to no avail. When "cute girls" stop being impressed by this nonsense the world will be a safer place.
True that!

Though I feel sad for the family, his channel is full of reckless driving videos.

Social media validation and addiction of who gets more likes is making young generation act in mindless manner.

What worries me is the risk other people on road face because of them.

P.S
I tried to report channels like his on YouTube, unfortunately there's no option in the criteria i wanted to report it in!

Drive Safe!
matchvan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 21:49   #37947

Quote:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=DGNhYPnd3Ac
Perhaps government should introduce an official training/certification program before issuing RC to handle such super bikes. Gone too soon. RIP.
Old 6th May 2023, 00:18   #37948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_petrolmonk View Post
Perhaps government should introduce an official training/certification program before issuing RC to handle such super bikes. Gone too soon. RIP.
No amount of training and certificates can save me if I decide to go 200kmph on public roads. Govt. cant prevent every person from losing his/her way. Existing laws and regulations for bikes and superbikes are just fine. No need for extra red tape to get the RC. Public roads are not to test speed limits, here its a matter of a young person who has lost his way. Perhaps training is needed at colleges from seasoned bikers, about how to enjoy riding a bike responsibly within the existing framework. That should include encouraging people interested in finding out their riding limits, to consider track days.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 02:29   #37949
BHPian

When I see such unnecessary loss of life and property, its disheartening.

Cant the police catch such youtubers who post videos of reckless driving ? They don't even need to look for evidence. Can the Company be held accountable for allowing people to post videos of how they are breaking the law and putting their and other innocent people's lives in danger? If Netflix can be questioned for the content on their platform, why can't Insta/Youtube or other similar platforms be held accountable. If these channels get banned then hopefully kids will not be so stupid to risk their lives for likes.
Old 6th May 2023, 05:36   #37950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZombie View Post
Cant the police catch such Youtubers who post videos of reckless driving ? They don't even need to look for evidence.
I saw some of this guy's videos and one of them was related to his arrest due to rash driving.

He can be seen apologizing afterwards; he also commit not to repeat rash driving and asks his followers not to indulge in it.

There is another video where images of the accident is shown. Not sure about the authenticity of both these videos.

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks