Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2016, 09:13   #4111
BANNED

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
... Lovely pics!
WBC is, we hear, still misbehaving properly, having torn up all the newspaper that was put in his cage yesterday. I brought home all the fabric mats and stuff, very stinky, and 90-degree washed in the machine.
I'll see him and the doctor this eveing.
Attaboy, WBC, way to go! If he is misbehaving as per norm, it means he is mending, so not to worry. It's when they seem to go into a trance & become totally lethargic that they give us the shivers. My wife's account of Daisy's last moments gives me nightmares even today - I can only guess what the experience did to my wife. She doesn't talk about it any more.

Yes, the pics keep us busy quite often - a great way to meander down the misty nostalgia road!
Old 8th April 2016, 15:18   #4112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
My wife's account of Daisy's last moments gives me nightmares even today ...
My last London cat held out until they called me to come urgently to the clinic in the afternoon. She put her head on my hand and died.

WBC is not so well today. He is less comfortable, and not making so much noise. Tomorrow he is going to be sedated for some removal of old dressings, and a general lookover. He has some eye trouble to be checked out.

There will be ups and downs and nothing is guaranteed.
Old 10th April 2016, 09:48   #4113
BANNED

Quote:
My last London cat held out until they called me to come urgently to the clinic in the afternoon. She put her head on my hand and died.

WBC is not so well today. He is less comfortable, and not making so much noise. Tomorrow he is going to be sedated for some removal of old dressings, and a general lookover. He has some eye trouble to be checked out.

There will be ups and downs and nothing is guaranteed.
Fingers crossed and optimistic as always. Will wait for your next update.
Old 10th April 2016, 15:43   #4114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Fingers crossed and optimistic as always. Will wait for your next update.
Not so good today, and the more so for being fiercely uncooperative with the professionals. The vet was amazed that I could clean his cage out. Yes, I could, and put fresh mats, but he certainly would not have let me touch him, and it would have hurt [me] if I tried.

He seems to have an eye infection too. I don't know how that can be treated without daily drops. reminder: this is a cat that even I have never picked up or held.

But really, these people are not that well equipped. My London vet had gloves that would resist far worse than the claws and teeth of an untame cat, and cages with a movable wall that would hold an animal.

He was very dull and uncomfortable while I was there, but perked up and started shouting again as I was about to leave.
Old 14th April 2016, 18:19   #4115
Distinguished - BHPian

WBC... bad news...

With tears in my eyes....

It's been up and down with WBC, but I'm afraid that, in the end, it is down. He was so weak today that he could easily be carried for IV drip and dressing. I'm glad that I was there and able to see the state of him. It is like looking at meat in a butcher's shop, not a living animal. Skin at the front, skin at the back, nothing in the middle.

It is a tough decision, perhaps one of the toughest, but I have to make it. In his current condition, he may live for days, or maybe even weeks, and there may be more ups and downs, but, in the end, he is just not going to survive, and it is just wrong to lengthen the process.

I never had to do this before; all my animals took themselves off to the next life before I had to. I once asked my mum how she did it with her dogs, that she loved so dearly, and she told me that there comes a time when there is simply no choice. I know that time has come. I knew it at the surgery today, but wanted to try to be more at peace with this thing. I'll tell the vet tomorrow. We'll get a grave dug in the garden.
Old 14th April 2016, 18:47   #4116
Distinguished - BHPian

Thad - like you said, rather not stretch the pain & suffering. It is tough to let go, but hope another one soon comes to fill in the space.
Old 14th April 2016, 20:30   #4117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
... hope another one soon comes to fill in the space.
WBC has already arranged his heir and successor! The ginger kitten that he adopted last year, which is called Chinacat Sunflower.

Here is WBC getting IV today. I won't post the injury pics: it really is gruesome.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-wbcdrip.jpg
Old 15th April 2016, 08:21   #4118
Distinguished - BHPian

R I P WBC

WBC died in the night.

It is sad, but it is a great relief. I can live with death, but I was so unhappy and heavy hearted in the night knowing that I must go there with the instruction to take his life away. He has passed of his own accord and will be buried in his garden within the next hour. The grave is dug and ready.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th April 2016 at 23:40.
Old 15th April 2016, 12:15   #4119
BHPian

Quote:
R I P WBC

WBC died in the night.

It is sad, but it is a great relief. I can live with death, but I was so unhappy and heavy hearted in the night knowing that I must go there with the instruction to take his life away. He has passed of his own accord and will l be buried in his garden within the next hour. The grave is dug and ready.
RIP WBC , you did the best for him Thad.
Old 15th April 2016, 12:53   #4120
BHPian

Quote:
R I P WBC

WBC died in the night.

It is sad, but it is a great relief. I can live with death, but I was so unhappy and heavy hearted in the night knowing that I must go there with the instruction to take his life away. He has passed of his own accord and will l be buried in his garden within the next hour. The grave is dug and ready.
RIP WBC.

Thad, Have been following your posts and could see that you did all that one could possibly do. A big solace is that he is free from all such sufferings now.
Old 15th April 2016, 12:59   #4121
Senior - BHPian

I too have been following this thread, sorry to hear about this, I am sure you did your best, may his soul RIP !
Old 15th April 2016, 13:49   #4122
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you all. He is now buried in our garden.
Old 15th April 2016, 14:48   #4123
BHPian

RIP wbc, he is beautiful. He will be waiting on the rainbow bridge Thad
Old 15th April 2016, 16:06   #4124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
R I P WBC

WBC died in the night.

Don't know what to say, have been through this stage multiple times in my life.
Guess there is some comfort in the fact that there is another one in the house to demand your love n care.
Old 15th April 2016, 19:31   #4125
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one can recommend a good vet in Delhi for a Labrador? Mine is 12 years old now and from last 4 months now has this constant dry hackling cough with occasional colorless sputum. Have given a course of antibiotics and the cough has stayed put. The vet has ruled out any infection and says it's just throat congestion which I do not understand. He refuses to take any form of cough syrups. I need a second opinion as the cough is making him miserable. His otherwise activity level and appetite had remain unchanged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks