Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2012, 13:26   #3151
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

It's NOT about significant increase in estrogen for the baseline levels.
It's about DECREASE of Testosterone levels. Even slightest of decrease can hamper your muscle building goals. It's has nothing to do health wise. We are talking about performance enhancement here.
Old 11th May 2012, 20:49   #3152
BHPian

Looking for personal trainer for couple of months to start a gym. Can anyone suggest any person in Delhi near shalimar Bagh.
Old 12th May 2012, 08:40   #3153
BHPian

Hi friends i am in a need to join a gym. I have been trying to reduce the weight and currently i am just walking about 45 mins in a day. I prefer to join a gym so that i can achieve weight loss in an orderly manner. I am looking for a gym which can first analyse my BMI and prescribe the required things based on the results. Can some one suggest a good gym in and around Bannerghatta road, JP Nagar 5th/6th/7th phase and surrounding areas. I have heard some good as well as many bad reviews about some fitness gyms here.

I have seen a couple of suggested gyms in the previous pages but still not sure which i have to select. I am basically looking at weight reduction which is my primary goal and also neat looking without the rubbers around the tummy.

Last edited by rki2007 : 12th May 2012 at 08:48.
Old 12th May 2012, 10:29   #3154
BHPian

Guys i need some advice on removing baby fat. I am not a heavy person. More like well built. But i have that stubborn belly fat around my waist
Old 13th May 2012, 15:10   #3155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
Guys i need some advice on removing baby fat. I am not a heavy person. More like well built. But i have that stubborn belly fat around my waist
You belly is one of the first places to accumulate fat and one of the last places that get rid of it. So you are gonna need some time to get your body fat % down, unless you wanna use drugs such as ECA Stacks.

1. Fix Your Diet. Low Carb <25g a day, High Protein, Moderate amounts of fat. The fat that you eat will keep you feeling full and soon promote your body to start burning fat for energy. For more info read up about ketogenic diets. Try to consum less than 2000kcals a day

2. Get your workouts in. Get an intense 45 minute workout session in atleast 4 days a week, do whatever you like, but high intensity. lots of programmes to choose from.

3. Drink lots of water - At least 2 litres a day, keep a 1 litre bottle handy and keep refilling it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends i am in a need to join a gym. I have been trying to reduce the weight and currently i am just walking about 45 mins in a day. I prefer to join a gym so that i can achieve weight loss in an orderly manner. I am looking for a gym which can first analyse my BMI and prescribe the required things based on the results. Can some one suggest a good gym in and around Bannerghatta road, JP Nagar 5th/6th/7th phase and surrounding areas. I have heard some good as well as many bad reviews about some fitness gyms here.

I have seen a couple of suggested gyms in the previous pages but still not sure which i have to select. I am basically looking at weight reduction which is my primary goal and also neat looking without the rubbers around the tummy.
I am at Gold's in Indiranagar and I heard there is one in JP Nagar as well. They do have body analysis machines, to give you a rough estimate of your body's credentials. Btw you can check your BMI yourself, its just a ratio of Height/weight, check it here http://www.bmi-calculator.net/metric-bmi-calculator.php. After the analysis they will write out a programme that fits your needs. You can also meet with a nutritionist,at the gym, who can fix up your diet.

Last edited by akshayasok : 13th May 2012 at 15:20.
Old 13th May 2012, 17:04   #3156
BHPian

Thank you for the advice but as i said i am not fat. I workout too. Just accumulated belly fat. Also HIGH protien diet is said to be bad for the liver. As more load is taken up by the liver. Can you at least tell me the amount per day i should take?
Old 13th May 2012, 21:31   #3157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
Thank you for the advice but as i said i am not fat. I workout too. Just accumulated belly fat. Also HIGH protien diet is said to be bad for the liver. As more load is taken up by the liver. Can you at least tell me the amount per day i should take?
I never implied you were fat.

Rather than amount , It will be easier to stick to a percentage 50% Protein, 35% Fat and 15% carb. This percentage is spread around based on calories , not the mass consumed. Fat is not actually bad for you, its carbohydrates when combined with fat that is unhealthy. So try to have about 1g of protein per kilo of bodyweight(Would be more than twice as much if you were bodybuilding).

Do u mean you have a liver problem , or are you saying thats what you read? Because you would have to eat a huge amount of protein to strain your kidneys. Keep in mind that you have to drink lots of water.
Old 14th May 2012, 09:08   #3158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayasok

I never implied you were fat.

Rather than amount , It will be easier to stick to a percentage 50% Protein, 35% Fat and 15% carb. This percentage is spread around based on calories , not the mass consumed. Fat is not actually bad for you, its carbohydrates when combined with fat that is unhealthy. So try to have about 1g of protein per kilo of bodyweight(Would be more than twice as much if you were bodybuilding).

Do u mean you have a liver problem , or are you saying thats what you read? Because you would have to eat a huge amount of protein to strain your kidneys. Keep in mind that you have to drink lots of water.
Yes thats something i have read only. Touchwood! Ok i got your point to keep it in piercentage. Also you talked about those pills. Do they really make a difference when used with exercise? Has someone from your side used them without side effects?
Old 14th May 2012, 11:23   #3159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
It's NOT about significant increase in estrogen for the baseline levels.
It's about DECREASE of Testosterone levels. Even slightest of decrease can hamper your muscle building goals. It's has nothing to do health wise. We are talking about performance enhancement here.
This is the exact reason why I asked for specific measurements done in studied trials. Unless this is done, everything is just a conjecture.

If Soy is really so dreaded, then how can vegan bodybuilders exist?
Old 14th May 2012, 22:03   #3160
BHPian

Vegan Bodybuilders - If they compete, they do it with Vitamin S. The nearest one to me is Varinder Ghuman, the only IFBB Pro from India. Soy makes great business sense BTW.
Old 16th May 2012, 17:13   #3161
BHPian

Isnt ECA stack harmful? I have heard a lot of bad things about it ranging from vomiting to heart failure. Can someone please theow some light on these tablets?
Old 16th May 2012, 19:45   #3162
BHPian

No. It's safe. It's just because of some stupid people who overdosed it, came into bad light. It's the only fat burner and energy enhancer which is proven top rev up nor-epinephrine levels to the max while preserving muscle.
Nothing comes close to ECA when it comes to pure energy without jitters.
Old 17th May 2012, 10:20   #3163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. It's safe. It's just because of some stupid people who overdosed it, came into bad light. It's the only fat burner and energy enhancer which is proven top rev up nor-epinephrine levels to the max while preserving muscle.
Thats good news!

Can you please share some study evidences of it being safe and not having any side effects?
Old 17th May 2012, 10:59   #3164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can you publish the source of this information? Or maybe some peer reviewed paper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Thats good news!

Can you please share some study evidences of it being safe and not having any side effects?
Here you go.
This is the FDA page.
Dietary Supplements Containing Ephedrine Alkaloids

Last edited by tsk1979 : 17th May 2012 at 11:04.
Old 17th May 2012, 11:05   #3165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Can you publish the source of this information? Or maybe some peer reviewed paper?

Here you go.
This is the FDA page.
Dietary Supplements Containing Ephedrine Alkaloids
Thanks TSK! precisely what i was looking for!

Specially because such posts can be misleading and can result in huge issues. It also impacts the content quality of our forum.

On the other hand no offense to 1-Testosterone. Please provide evidence and we can discuss.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 17th May 2012 at 11:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks