Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2008, 12:10   #1516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Maan Gaye Mughal E Azam

Verdict - 4/5.
That is an unanimous verdict by the 3 of us. It is a very silly movie - period. Do not expect the earth and the moon, keep your thinking cap at home and you will laugh away.

Jab.
Incredible fun! That's all I can say.

See, the thing with Singgh is Kingg or whatever is that they automatically assume their audience was stupid. I hated the movie. It was full of crap pretending to be cool. It was just steamy crap with bad jokes.

I do not know why Mughal-e-Azam got a bad rating in the papers. Here is a funny movie full of people acting silly, mouthing silly dialogues and funny faces and you know what, it is really FUN!

One of the highlights of the movie that had the 3 of us in splits was watching the faces of the extras, I have no idea how they do it but they are all incredibly goofy looking.

The music was composed by Anu Malik, every song had a YEAH, OOH BABY, and JAB-UH in it and it was as goofy as the movie. I love to laugh at his music and it was perfect.

Paresh Rawal is a funny and incredible actor and Miss Sherawat is a Goddess. Oh Jesus, Mary and Joseph that woman is hot with a capital F.
Leave your brains at home and laugh at the jokes and at the silliness of the direction and dialogues.

It would be safe to say I enjoyed this movie as much as I enjoyed Partner. It has restored my faith in Bollywood after a pathetic Baap pehele Aap and Sinnging Kinging.

Go Bollywood. Go stupid comedies!! Let's do it again boys! I want to see KKCCOMPANY!
Old 25th August 2008, 13:54   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
... and Miss Sherawat is a Goddess. Oh Jesus, Mary and Joseph that woman is hot with a capital F.
"Hot" with a capital "F"? Ahem, ahem! I can see Ms.Sherawat is a very good actress - very very impressionable
Old 25th August 2008, 22:32   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or does Maan Gaye Mughal E Azam seem like a wannabe To Be Or Not To Be?
To Be or Not to Be (1983)
Paresh Rawal taking on Mel Brooks. This i gotta see! LOL.
Old 26th August 2008, 01:06   #1519
Team-BHP Support

Maan Gaye.
This is the movie which assumes that the audience is not only stupid or brain dead.
The movie is 2 hours long but seems like 20,
Sam and N_C you guys wasted our 300+ bucks!

To compare this to Singgh is king is like comparing Paresh Rawals acting in Mumbai Meri Jaan with Mallika sherawats in Ugly pagli and saying MS is better.
Old 26th August 2008, 13:28   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Review: Mumbai Meri Jaan

All in all, a very good movie. But it hits you, at leat it hit me. I had to do quite a bit to fight back tears. Go watch it, but be prepared to get a little scared, much more than any Phoonk will scare you.

Rating: 4 Stars
I agree with you Eddy. Watched it yesterday. Its a very serious movie giving an insight of a common person and his life after the blasts. Some very nice touches in the movie and i think Kay Kay and Irfan were really good in the common man act.
Paresh rawal is a Pro so nothing can be said for his amazing acting of a soon to be retired cop.
Watch it if you really wish to know how day to day life is affected by things happening around. i could relate to each and every character.
It also shows how low our media has gone and the insensitiveness through which they harass people who have just lost there beloved one.

rating - 4.5/5 (specially for the direction, as a newcomer the director has done a really good job)

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th August 2008 at 14:12. Reason: Fixed Quote
Old 26th August 2008, 13:37   #1521
Team-BHP Support

But I must warn here, Mumbai meri jaan is a very depressing movie. Extremely well made, and the story as it progresses really hits you hard.
Its movies like this which assure you that there is still some talent left in Bollywood
Old 26th August 2008, 14:47   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
To compare this to Singgh is king is like comparing Paresh Rawals acting in Mumbai Meri Jaan with Mallika sherawats in Ugly pagli and saying MS is better.
Aah - that is a tough choice !!

So all set for this friday now.

Rock On looks very promising and I have high expectations from the movie. Coming from the Farhan Akhtar camp, this ine has to be just as well directed and acted and written - I just hope it lives up to half of my expectations
Old 26th August 2008, 16:52   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Booking tickets for rock on for friday night show. Looks good and going due to the faith on farhan akthar.

Well didnt he also produce honeymoon travels???
Old 26th August 2008, 16:59   #1524
Team-BHP Support

The music, which should have been the heart and soul of the film, is not as good as expected.

Lets see.
Old 26th August 2008, 17:19   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Well didnt he also produce honeymoon travels???
Yes he did and I quite enjoyed Honeymoon Travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The music, which should have been the heart and soul of the film, is not as good as expected.
I like the music though the words sound cheesy at times. The singing isn't great, umm it's bad at times, but it has a natural feel to it.

Let's see.
Old 26th August 2008, 18:31   #1526
Senior - BHPian

@normally_crazy natural as in one can sing it while in the shower.
The song Tum hi tho is a nice one.

Honeymoon travels was ok as in a one time watch. Kay Kay was excellent in it.
Old 28th August 2008, 20:54   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Rediff gives Rock On 4 out of 5.

I can't wait !!
Old 29th August 2008, 02:34   #1528
BHPian

Just returned for the paid preview of Rock On. Good movie... Well made But feels a little slow in between, but ends in a very awesome way. Will give u a stronge resemblance with DCH afterall its from the same house.
Songs are nice, but trust me u wont remember the lines after ur out of the cinema. Every song has only a small eliment that u will like.
Farhan : Strong contender for the best new comer. And also sounds awesome.
Arjun : Fits in the role well.
Purab : The funny character. Will make u smile everytime he is on the screen.
All the female characters sucks big time.

My Verdict - 3.5 / 5

Now mods sorry for the typos, if any. I'm using a phone so no spell check.
Old 29th August 2008, 03:16   #1529

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
But I must warn here, Mumbai meri jaan is a very depressing movie. Extremely well made, and the story as it progresses really hits you hard.
Its movies like this which assure you that there is still some talent left in Bollywood
I Agree!! I saw it on DVD a couple of days ago and i was blown away!! The scene in the begining when the first blast takes place and the guy flys out actually stopped my heart for a while!!
Old 29th August 2008, 10:24   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Well i went for the unpaid Premier show of rock on.

Pretty well made movie and definitely a must watch. Got a nice feel to it. The movie maintains a steady pace throughout to gain some in the last 20 mins. The songs lyrics arent great though i guess javed aktar must have penned them but these dont actually get a touch of good rock.
The actresses well prachi has one look throughout the movie which is calm and soothing but i guess she gotto get her skills sharpened.
That gal Debbie(wats her avctual name) is good. Very good role .

Actors
Farhan: Good job dude even though its your first movie
Arjun: Ok sort of job. Was stuck with this single expression throughout
Purab : Brilliant job dude. Makes you smile always. I found his role kinda key for this movie
Last guy: Whats his name. Suited the role man. Did a nice job for it.

PS: There is anu malik too but its a spl app

Well this movie is about a band which couldnt last because of some ego issues and also double standards by some ppl of the industry. The movie seems to rub some music directors in the wrong way but i feel if they will notice.
Overall great movie 3.5/5 a must watch
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks