Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2010, 16:39   #76
BANNED

Re: Packers and Movers

Thanks. Is payment done full in advance typically? What are the liabilities of a P&M company for damages to your household articles? Expensive audio gear? Is there an insurance cover?

TIA
Old 27th December 2010, 17:07   #77
BHPian

Re: Packers and Movers

Payment is not in advance, its done after the sucessful movement only. I would suggest dont go in for any insurance if its only for a 10KM distance and moreover the OEM packing will suffice for the safety. If required additional paking can be done to the expensive stuff. They have all kinds of packing material for any household articles like crocery,sofa(leather/foam) tv,fridge,almirah etc.
I believe this info is of help to you.
Old 28th December 2010, 17:27   #78
BANNED

Re: Packers & Movers: Post all queries here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kites View Post
Hi,

I recommend you enquire to atleast 3 to 4 before finalizing.
1 year back i did it through Laxmi packers & Cargo Movers, i found them both economical and professional. You can call them and get an estimate & also a person from their team will visit your premises for the final quote. You can easilly bargain as well.
Quote:
Payment is not in advance, its done after the sucessful movement only. I would suggest dont go in for any insurance if its only for a 10KM distance and moreover the OEM packing will suffice for the safety. If required additional paking can be done to the expensive stuff. They have all kinds of packing material for any household articles like crocery,sofa(leather/foam) tv,fridge,almirah etc.
I believe this info is of help to you.
Thanks guys. The Laxmi chap is quoting 5000/- after a bit of haggling. Is this too much for a local move?

I am feeling too lethargic and unenthusiastic about having many people come and go and scan my house hold belongings.

Thanks again.
Old 28th December 2010, 17:58   #79
BHPian

I feel 5k it is reasonably ok as of today. If you check with Aggarwal, he may quote you 7-8k.
But make it clear to Laxmi that it is final including tips/tax etc. Usually they(the actual movement team) demand some money as tax or tips after the movement is done. Please make it clear to the sales guy that 5K or whatever you fix as the final price will be it.
Old 28th December 2010, 18:56   #80
BANNED

Quote:
I feel 5k it is reasonably ok as of today. If you check with Aggarwal, he may quote you 7-8k.
But make it clear to Laxmi that it is final including tips/tax etc. Usually they(the actual movement team) demand some money as tax or tips after the movement is done. Please make it clear to the sales guy that 5K or whatever you fix as the final price will be it.

Thanks. I got over my lethargy and called Chirag P&M and another one I forget which. Let me see if I can save a 1000 bucks further here and there.

The Laxmi chap actually had a printed checklist of typical household items that he ticked and gave me break-up of 1800 loading/unloading, 1800 transportation, and 1800 packing unpacking and arranging in new place. This he reduced to 5K and the quote included Service tax.

The chap who visited my place was decent and innocent youngster did not look like a corrupted mind. But I don't know how the actual labourers will be.

Cheers

Last edited by Ragul : 28th December 2010 at 18:58.
Old 6th March 2011, 17:57   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a reliable movers and packers service within Mumbai.

I have to shift my house in this week. There isn't too much stuff - some bulky items such as 4-5 pieces of furniture, a fridge, washing machine etc.

Also, do these guys pack your entire household stuff like kitchen utensils etc (in cartons?) too?

Please provide some trustworthy references, along with indicative prices.
Old 6th March 2011, 19:22   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a reliable movers and packers service within Mumbai.

I have to shift my house in this week. There isn't too much stuff - some bulky items such as 4-5 pieces of furniture, a fridge, washing machine etc.

Also, do these guys pack your entire household stuff like kitchen utensils etc (in cartons?) too?

Please provide some trustworthy references, along with indicative prices.
My experience with Agarwal packers and movers was really good all the times, from Pune to Ahemdabad and Back. They come with all the necessary packing stuff on the mentioned time and just start. All you required to do is to just clear all the other pending issues. Every thing would be done by them, including your unfinished shampoo bottles, half filled oil cans etc. They pack them with care, including all the items in your fridge. Just ensure that you switch off the fridge the night before.
The glass is packed in thermocol, along with newspapers and bubble sheets.
The cost is really worth paying them for a no nonsense and tension free experience, though not that high compared to others service providers.
One important thing is that they don't allow match boxes and alcohol.
Have a happy shifting.

regards,
Maverick79
Old 6th March 2011, 20:42   #83
BHPian

Is anyone aware of any packers and movers that can bring household stuff from Siliguri to Hyderabad?
Old 14th March 2011, 16:07   #84
BHPian

Guys I am moving to Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh) from Hyderabad,

Any suggestions ?

There are two Agarwal packers -

www.agarwalpackers.com

www.agarwalpackers.in

both of them are strikingly similar, upon enquiry it seems that earlier this was one company but as usual in most indian companies the brother decided to part ways and open individual companies

Any other cheap and reliable options,

BTW I also read somewhere that domestic relocation (not for sale) items are exempt from service tax, can any CA here confirm this ? but most packers and movers charge this amount and pocket it
Old 1st April 2011, 16:23   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Guys I am moving to Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh) from Hyderabad,

Any suggestions ?

There are two Agarwal packers -

www.agarwalpackers.com

www.agarwalpackers.in

both of them are strikingly similar, upon enquiry it seems that earlier this was one company but as usual in most indian companies the brother decided to part ways and open individual companies
I am also in the similar fix. I am moving from Noida to Bangalore and need to send my Figo. Both are quoting similar rates. Any suggestion which one should I go with?
Old 1st April 2011, 16:39   #86
BHPian

I have confirmed Allied Lemuir on the basis of their excellent pre-sales/sales team, they act and respond like true professionals,

When I moved to Hyderabad 2.5 yrs ago, I trusted Allied Lemuir to move my car only, rest stuff was moved by a useless packer & mover (Apollo Packers & Movers)

I will recommend Allied Lemuir (though this time I do not have my car, sold it here in Hyderabad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
I am also in the similar fix. I am moving from Noida to Bangalore and need to send my Figo. Both are quoting similar rates. Any suggestion which one should I go with?
Old 1st April 2011, 17:29   #87
BHPian

Agarwal Packers - Took money for insurance of the goods, broke my TV and refused to pay up the amount.
Definitely not recommended for this unprofessional behaviour.
Old 1st April 2011, 19:44   #88
BHPian

I talked to Sky Wings Packers and Movers based on this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1927175

and he confirmed that car will be sent in car carriers used by Maruti. He quoted 11k odd for the job. I spent entire day reading reviews of different Packers and Movers and each of them had some horror story or another. Anyone moved his car from delhi to blore recently?
Old 6th June 2011, 01:43   #89
BHPian

Can somebody please recommend a good packers & movers company for shifting my car from Gurgaon to Raipur (Chhattisgarh)? I have read most of the posts on the forum and even searched online but I could not pin point any company that looks decent and promising.

I did ask Agarwal Packers & Movers and they quoted around 14K for it which I feel is too expensive and on top of that they do not allow anything in the car at all. Not even old books or anything.

I urgently require a solution as I have to leave Gurgaon tomorrow itself. Thanks.
Old 6th June 2011, 02:40   #90
Senior - BHPian

arre mere bhai - drive it down for god's sakes!!

Seriously, speak with hvkumar and gd1418. one's the encyclopedia, one just went uptill Jabalpur.

Why sweat it so much?

PS: Does the 14k include transit insurance? You don't need it - your car is anyways insured for transit damage.
PPS: Speak to some transporter for Hyundai or Ford (iirc). they should have empty trucks headed down to Chennai through that side.

Last edited by phamilyman : 6th June 2011 at 02:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks