Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2013, 23:54   #2491
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post

I have booked for Dinner in 13th Floor on Sunday night, i hope that is a good place.
Suggestions welcome
13th Floor is a nice place for Sunday night out. Can see the best part of the city night life from the terrace.

If you have options you could check the Grand Mercure, Koramanagala. Its a gastronomical delight. Generally they have buffet on weekends.

Below is the link for more info

http://www.grandmercurebangalore.com/contact-us/
Old 2nd February 2013, 00:34   #2492
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Ping me when you want to go. I'd like to tag along. Biryani in Bangalore has always disappointed me. Let's see if Shivaji Military Hotel holds promise.

Suhas, I am shocked with what you've got to say,

There are indeed lots of good places where Biryanis are top notch, try Hyderabad housed, and Ammis Bryant first, they serve lip smacking Biryani.
Old 2nd February 2013, 00:40   #2493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

There are indeed lots of good places where Biryanis are top notch, try Hyderabad housed, and Ammis Bryant first, they serve lip smacking Biryani.
Pavan

I've tried both. Ammis on two occasions. Ammis tasted like fast-food. It was cold, oily and definitely not fresh. I liked what that joint in Victoria Layout (opposite the Toyota showroom) had served long ago but the food has become increasingly unhygienic so I avoided going there. Meghanas serves nice biryani but it isn't authentic Hyderabadi dum-biryani. Kabab Magic on RV road is decent but not very hygienic either. I've tried every possible biryani-joint in Bangalore apart from this Shivaji Military Hotel.
Old 2nd February 2013, 00:41   #2494
BHPian

Quote:

Ping me when you want to go. I'd like to tag along. Biryani in Bangalore has always disappointed me. Let's see if Shivaji Military Hotel holds promise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

I thought Bangalore was the land of 3 Bs - Bakeries Bars and Biryanis

Pavan sir which are is this Hyderbad housed restaurant?
I do enjoy Ammis Biryani as well as biryani from Al Bek. Recently tasted it about a month back and have already gone back 5 times for their biyrani and Tandoori Kababs. However hate their shawarma roll.

What places are good for shawarma in Bangalore? Ive tried all malls and Albek, Empire hotels. Have found only the shawarma rolls of a place in RT Nagar to be tastier than all. Any other good place? Especially where they cook the rotis right in front of you instead of heating pre packed frozen rotis.
Old 2nd February 2013, 00:48   #2495
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

What places are good for shawarma in Bangalore? Ive tried all malls and Albek, Empire hotels. Have found only the shawarma rolls of a place in RT Nagar to be tastier than all. Any other good place? Especially where they cook the rotis right in front of you instead of heating pre packed frozen rotis.
Try Savory. There's a huge Savory outlet in Frazer Town. They have some of the best Shawarmas and Falafels. Also, try Kabab Magic on RV Road (Baswangudi) they're known for their Shawarmas.
Old 2nd February 2013, 00:52   #2496
BHPian

Quote:

Try Savory. There's a huge Savory outlet in Frazer Town. They have some of the best Shawarmas and Falafels. Also, try Kabab Magic on RV Road (Baswangudi) they're known for their Shawarmas.
Thanks Suhaas. Do they have any specific timings for Shawarmas or they make it all day long? What else can be tried out there?
Old 2nd February 2013, 01:14   #2497
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Thanks Suhaas. Do they have any specific timings for Shawarmas or they make it all day long? What else can be tried out there?
Anytime P

Kabab Magic is open from 1 pm onward. Not sure about Savory. Every time I'd been there, the Sun had already set.
Old 2nd February 2013, 02:08   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
+1 for Savory in Fraser town. I was there a couple of days back and had some great shawarma and falafel!!
Old 2nd February 2013, 05:48   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
Anytime P

Kabab Magic is open from 1 pm onward. Not sure about Savory. Every time I'd been there, the Sun had already set.
Agree with Suhas , Savoury has one of the best Sharwamas in town. The place has shifted to other side of the road and have now become bigger in size. Strangely bang adjacent to Hotel Empire ( Guess thats what they call scaling up to competition ).

Also just opposite Savoury on the other side of the road is ELEMENTS HERITAGE. It has a very Arabian look, but one of the best fine dining places in that area. The food is awesome specially the Kababs and Biryanis served there. It also has a live grill buffet upstairs. Good place to spend your evenings on a weekend as the space has a different ambience during the night.
Old 2nd February 2013, 06:43   #2500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've tried every possible biryani-joint in Bangalore apart from this Shivaji Military Hotel.
Have you tried Anjappar in Koramangala? They serve good biriyanis. BTW, where is this Shivaji Military Hotel?
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:22   #2501
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
+1 for Savory in Fraser town. I was there a couple of days back and had some great shawarma and falafel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC77 View Post
Also just opposite Savoury on the other side of the road is ELEMENTS HERITAGE. It has a very Arabian look, but one of the best fine dining places in that area. The food is awesome specially the Kababs and Biryanis served there. It also has a live grill buffet upstairs. Good place to spend your evenings on a weekend as the space has a different ambience during the night.
Yes, Savory also serves good biryani. But if you've had authentic Hyderabadi Dum, nothing compares! Even the biryani served at several places in Kolkata is very good. *winks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Have you tried Anjappar in Koramangala? They serve good biriyanis. BTW, where is this Shivaji Military Hotel?
Is Anjappar located somewhere near the Koramangala Water-Tank / BDA Complex? I think I've been there. Reasonably priced food and it is certainly not bad at all.

Shivaji Military Hotel is in Jayanagar / Banshankari I believe.
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:23   #2502
BHPian

A few days back, we went to this small kebab shop on the inner corner of BDA complex, Indiranagar. The name is New Shahi Kebabs. I had some fresh chicken roll, sheek kebab and bhuna kebabs there -- a good starter for the awesome dinner we had at Savoury that day!

Here is the location:
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-capture.jpg
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:24   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From Banashankari Bus stand, when you go towards Silk Board, it is on the first cross road on the first floor. It is in the same building which you see on the corner in front of the Banshankari bus terminus but with the entrance on the rearside. Parking is not a problem as you can utilise the BBMP parking in the bus terminus
Be prepared as this place is not very clean and experience a lot of rush during weekends even for a parcel service.
Old 2nd February 2013, 14:03   #2504
BHPian

Quote:

Yes i use to go there everyday for lunch and dinner 4 years back when I used to stay behind sony centre. Good place. Bit delay in service but good nonetheless. Both anjappar and nandhini serve good biryani. Plus the chettinad fish curry used to taste great.

Btw, my friend recently showed me a place opposite the petrol bunk on Vittal Malya road. Its called Kentucky chicken corner. Have seen quite a rush there yet to try at the next opportunity. Any reviews on that? People usually stop in their cars next to the shop and the waiter comes to take the order.
Old 2nd February 2013, 14:17   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Pavan

I've tried both. Ammis on two occasions. Ammis tasted like fast-food. It was cold, oily and definitely not fresh. I liked what that joint in Victoria Layout (opposite the Toyota showroom) had served long ago but the food has become increasingly unhygienic so I avoided going there. Meghanas serves nice biryani but it isn't authentic Hyderabadi dum-biryani. Kabab Magic on RV road is decent but not very hygienic either. I've tried every possible biryani-joint in Bangalore apart from this Shivaji Military Hotel.
Hi Suhaas!

Have you tried Narmadha's Hyderabadi Biriyani in BTM Layout? Try it out, it is much better than most of the biriyani joints in Bangalore. Not sure how I havn't come across this Shivaji Military Hotel during my several years of stay in Jayanagar and JP Nagar. It is on my list during my next Bangalore visit.

Regards,
Mohan.

Most Viewed