Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2013, 17:04   #2746
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
Had been to Sattvam for their weekday buffet yesterday. ...
Where exactly is this located (w.r.t. the Vyalikaval / Bhashyam Circle stop light)?
Old 10th May 2013, 17:35   #2747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Where exactly is this located (w.r.t. the Vyalikaval / Bhashyam Circle stop light)?
Its opposite the Shell Petrol pump... 4th floor in a building called Gem Plaza (i think?). There is a large board outside so it is easy to spot.

So when you driving from bashyam circle towards Cauvery, its on your left. There is a nature's basket and Axis bank in the ground floor of this building. I am not very familiar with that part of town, this is the best I could come up with
Old 10th May 2013, 18:18   #2748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
Its opposite the Shell Petrol pump... 4th floor in a building called Gem Plaza (i think?). There is a large board outside so it is easy to spot. ...
Thanks. That is Sadashivnagar.
Old 10th May 2013, 19:34   #2749
BHPian

Any feedback on Goli Vada Pav's.

I used to frequent their franchisee outlet in Bansawadi area (opposite the fire station) at the time they had just started. Prices were ok and quality reasonable. But not as good as the Mumbai stuff. But if you miss the Mumbai stuff (like I did) then it is not a bad alternative. ,specially the basic varieties. Anyway the prices in these outlets will not make you bankrupt, so nothing to loose by trying it out.
Old 15th May 2013, 07:38   #2750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Guys,

I am categorizing Biryani by different style of preparation and jotting down names that crossed my mind.
Waseem interesting list. I did not know that there are so many varieties of biryanis. You should probably add the Salem / Dindigul styles to this list..

where can i get to learn more about these different styles of cooking ? arent all biryanis cooked on dum ?

cheers!
Old 16th May 2013, 20:58   #2751
BHPian

Friends,

I have recently changed my workplace and now work in Whitefield (RMZ Centennial, Opp. Graphite India). Pls suggest some "must-try" places around here where I can go for lunch. I have tried the Salem Kitchen, Kamat and Golconda but I am really looking for more options. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 17th May 2013, 02:25   #2752
BHPian

Name: Hyederabad Dum Biryani:
Landmark: Near hennur signal. Before shobha supermarket. After vegetable shop
What i tired: Their dum biryani is by far the best biryani i had in a long time. I consider meghna biryani kormangla to be excellent. This one gives meghna a good fight. The basmati rice has long strands and the taste is medium spicy.
Cost: 130 for a dum biryani.

Quick info: The guy runs several outlets and has 1 single kitchen to prep the dishes. The biryani is then transported to this outlet alongwith other dishes. They also serve crabs & other seafood.

Must try once.

Announcement
For Kammnahalli folks who like subway - A new subway outlet is now open in Kammnahalli.
Location: when coming from ORR towards KFC signal, take left from signal, after the mosque you can see the outlet on LHS.

Last edited by quadra : 17th May 2013 at 02:28.
Old 17th May 2013, 02:51   #2753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Any feedback on Goli Vada Pav's.

Have been hearing about it more frequently lately.

Would love to get my fangs on Mumbai Style Vada Pav's
AVOID them at all costs, its outright ridiculous. they taste bad, their stores are bad (atleast the ones I have been to) and they demand higher price for the name alone.

If you stay close to Marathalli/kundanahalli, There is a cosmos mall nearby, on the lane opposite to the mall, there is a ICICI Bank ATM and a guy sells snacks next to it, he has Vada Pav and my wife just loves the taste of this one. She has been in Mumbai for a long time and she says its better than what she had eaten in mumbai.
Old 17th May 2013, 12:10   #2754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Waseem interesting list. I did not know that there are so many varieties of biryanis. You should probably add the Salem / Dindigul styles to this list..

where can i get to learn more about these different styles of cooking ? arent all biryanis cooked on dum ?

cheers!
Thanks smsrini.

I was suppose to add Lucknow,Kolkota,Malabar,Ambur & Bhatkali biryani joints to this list.The last few weeks have been very hectic at work, will do it soon.

PM me if want to know about different styles of cooking Biryani.

Waseem.
Old 17th May 2013, 13:09   #2755
BHPian

@ Dass Babu,

Thanks a ton. Will explore the said location time permitting
Old 17th May 2013, 13:11   #2756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
... PM me if want to know about different styles of cooking Biryani. ...
Janaab, what have we done that you do not want to share with us? PLEASE post an article about styles of cooking Biryani in the Recipes thread. Hungry souls (gourmets and gourmands alike) will bless your next 3 generations.
Old 17th May 2013, 14:53   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
Friends,

I have recently changed my workplace and now work in Whitefield (RMZ Centennial, Opp. Graphite India). Pls suggest some "must-try" places around here where I can go for lunch. I have tried the Salem Kitchen, Kamat and Golconda but I am really looking for more options. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Try Oliver's (Conti), Kesar (Veg food, sweets, chats), Jade (Chinese)
Old 17th May 2013, 14:57   #2758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
AVOID them at all costs, its outright ridiculous. they taste bad, their stores are bad (atleast the ones I have been to) and they demand higher price for the name alone.

If you stay close to Marathalli/kundanahalli, There is a cosmos mall nearby, on the lane opposite to the mall, there is a ICICI Bank ATM and a guy sells snacks next to it, he has Vada Pav and my wife just loves the taste of this one. She has been in Mumbai for a long time and she says its better than what she had eaten in mumbai.
That place is called Gauri Gajanand sweets I think. He makes some yummy jalebi, samosa, Kachori and of course the vada pav!! These days for B day parties in office apart from the usual cake, we have started getting savouries from this place. Seems to be a big hit with everyone so far!
Old 17th May 2013, 16:33   #2759
BHPian

I would like to thank whoever suggested Shawarma King, Frazer town some pages back. I tried it out after reading about it here and both my wife and I loved it. Both the chicken and beef varieties were awesome. Went there a couple of times after that and in fact I'm going there tonight too.
Old 22nd May 2013, 21:59   #2760
BHPian

Had been to Nandhini at Sankey Road Palace Guttahalli. The Biryani served was mild warm and seemed almost cold. When we complained about this, the Manager did not respond and hid his face. But I still called Waiter and told about almost cold Biryani. Then the waiter took biryanis and came back within 3 minutes with 1more chicken piece per bowl. But still the Biryani was not that hot as it should be. Dissapointed with this Nandhini Branch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks