Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 16:47   #316
Senior - BHPian

That sanni... herb mentioned here is called "Kattarvazha" - കറ്റാര്*വാഴ in Malayalam. That is, aloe vera.

Aloe vera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 14th July 2010, 17:21   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
There is a thread on this. I guess it is in the accessories section. Not sure. Just search for "baby seat" in advanced search > title only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Yes, I do, for my son. Child seats are available at Shopper's Stop, Lifestyle, etc.

Sure they do sit in it. My son is so comfortable in it that he usually sleeps during long drives.

The thread referred to by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...seat-kids.html
Thanks Guys !!!

I am gonna pick one up for my son from Mother Care.

Cheers.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:16   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I think most common reason could be separation from mother, even though for short durations.
No way Raj; my Wife is at home 24 X 7 & only with our daughter so no question of separation, but still my daughter is addicted. But I got a different thought; probably children who're attached more with Mothers have this addiction. My cousin sister & my daughter both of them are Mother's pet, while my Son is not. Just guessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
to stop sucking thumb, give them other things to engage in. I personally would never try any external substances, herbal or otherwise. First, find out why they have anxiety though.
Oh!!! C'mon Vivek, how do I find out what's the anxiety with my 7 months old daughter? However, when we asked my cousin, who's 6, she said, she likes doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
our pediatrician said give him pacifier so he doesn't use his thumb, but we never had to.
What's this pacifier?
Old 14th July 2010, 21:43   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

Oh!!! C'mon Vivek, how do I find out what's the anxiety with my 7 months old daughter? However, when we asked my cousin, who's 6, she said, she likes doing it.

What's this pacifier?
observe . I am not saying raise them in anxiety free world, but give them something else to deal with it.

edit: may be they enjoy attention. even if it's negative. ignore for a while and see if it helps.

pacifierParenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-pacifier.jpg

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 14th July 2010 at 21:46.
Old 14th July 2010, 23:56   #320
Senior - BHPian

Ignoring helps a lot when it comes to undesired actions; point agreed.
Thanks for the suggestion on pacifier; I think it should help. Let me try getting one of those for my daughter this weekend. Its a great idea because in course of time, she can remember only about this thing & forget about the finger; eventually we can deal with a lost pacifier sometimes in future. Great idea!!!
Old 22nd July 2010, 20:48   #321
BHPian

Are there any educational websites for kids around 4 years old? What I have in mind is something like this: a webpage displays a series of pictures of animals. When the child points at / hovers on a picture the image will enlarge slightly and a voice over will say the name of that animal. This is just an example, its important that it should be interactive. It can even be an online educational game. If any one knows, please post here.
Old 25th July 2010, 14:17   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Are there any educational websites for kids around 4 years old? What I have in mind is something like this: a webpage displays a series of pictures of animals. When the child points at / hovers on a picture the image will enlarge slightly and a voice over will say the name of that animal. This is just an example, its important that it should be interactive. It can even be an online educational game. If any one knows, please post here.
Google for gcompris, tuxmath and childsplay.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:55   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Google for gcompris, tuxmath and childsplay.
Thanks BaCkSeAtDrIVeR, checking it out.
Old 27th July 2010, 13:53   #324
BHPian

Hello team! I became a father of a beautiful baby girl this 19th!! and I am real excited!

The problems started even before the baby was born. My wife could not withstand the labor pains and we had to opt for c-section! then the problem of feeding the baby! 1st three days till the milk appeared in my wife were horrible, it was very difficult to feed the baby and it was real painful to hear it scream n cry due to hunger. . .after the milk appeared it was another story! the baby was addicted to spoon feeding n it doesn't breast feed!! Man it is so painful to see the baby loose weight rapidly :-( and it is even more painful to see her mother suffer. . .she is depressed. . .hope things turn around n I get to see n feel some happy moments
Old 27th July 2010, 14:00   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Hello team! I became a father of a beautiful baby girl this 19th!! and I am real excited!
Congratulations on your promotion!!

Dont worry about the troubles. They will soon go away. Many babies have problem in latching on in the beginning. After all its a new process for them and it takes a while for instinct to kick in.
Read up about post partum depression as well and what you can do about it. Its quite common among new mothers.
Old 27th July 2010, 14:07   #326
Senior - BHPian

Check out Eric Herman's video's on youtube. My son loves them. Very catchy music and I enjoy them too. Search for kiddie video's for more such songs but by far Eric is my favorite. Very talented guy and loves kids a lot. He does a lot of events at schools and stuff. to him.
Old 27th July 2010, 14:29   #327
Senior - BHPian

My son is now 4 years old. I used to show lots of videos, songs etc to my son. I think this has resulted in his attention span becoming very less. He is very lively (hyperactive?), and video/TV has aggravated the situation. His teacher keeps complaining that he keeps roaming around in the class after finishing his class work, that he is in a hurry to start playing etc. He finds it difficult to sit at one place and concentrate.

I know he is very young. As of now, we have reduced his TV time and replaced that with more outdoor activities.

Thought of sharing this, as many of us may be doing this. TV has become such a central force in our lives.
Old 27th July 2010, 14:53   #328
Senior - BHPian

Aditya - Thank you very much for the valuable link. I'm going to watch & show them to my son this evening.

@Raj - Rightly said; today's generation (actually have been observing since 90's) have less concentration due to impatience (may be the problem of the nation too). Just wait for few more years & send him to good meditation class & that WILL help.
Old 27th July 2010, 15:19   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Congratulations on your promotion!!

Dont worry about the troubles. They will soon go away. Many babies have problem in latching on in the beginning. After all its a new process for them and it takes a while for instinct to kick in.
Read up about post partum depression as well and what you can do about it. Its quite common among new mothers.
Thanks man! I will read about the post partum depression for sure.
Old 27th July 2010, 15:27   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Check out Eric Herman's video's on Youtube. My son loves them. Very catchy music and I enjoy them too. Search for kiddie video's for more such songs but by far Eric is my favorite. Very talented guy and loves kids a lot. He does a lot of events at schools and stuff. to him.
Oh Yes! And, I never get bored to watch "A Tale of Sun and the Moon" multiples times a day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks