Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 21:13   #1906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hub used to be our favourite home delivery hotel for many years, apart from visiting it for quick, decent food.However, when we visited them twice last year, we found the place almost empty, and on the first occasion we had got bad food.

If you say Hub is back to its glory, then we shall resume our orders there.
I have been inside Hub only in the first month of its operation which is ages back. It is always home delivery option for us. More so because they deliver the food within 15 minutes of placing the order. My favourites are Chicken Moghlai & Mix Veg Curry.
Old 21st June 2010, 21:33   #1907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
On another note,where exactly is this Mayabazaar?
While going towards Kharkhana, you cross foodworld which is on right side and keep going for 20 yards and you will find a large tree on main road on your left side ( there is a bus stop too here).

Take the lane right opposite to this tree and going inside and you will find the restuarant on your left hand side.

@Nikhil, i just cannot beileve you binged on hotel food from Thursday Lunch until Sunday Dinner. Its nothing short of incredible !!!

Amazing reviews with passion practically dripping of the posts and when i requested in-depth review little did i know that you would write an essay about each one of them....LOL

Btw, i dont want to spoil your fun but, be careful dont eat so much out. I dont want you too also to go for a lipid profile check ( Mine was just about alright)
Old 21st June 2010, 21:35   #1908
BHPian

Rain'd, Drench'd & Dine'd at Patio

Thursday Lunch > Thursday Dinner > Friday Lunch > Friday Dinner > Saturday Lunch > Saturday Supper > Saturday Dinner > Sunday Breakfast > Sunday Lunch > Sunday Dinner*
My food binge for the last weekend.

Friday Night, saw the much needed welcome change. It was raining like hell and I was driving down home. I reached Shaikpet and it was raining like crazy, so thought of taking a stop over somewhere. I was bang opposite to Patio and was hungry too. I thought why not utlize the time and have a quick bite, till the rain subsides. Once the rain subsides, I could well be on my way back home.

Was a bit apprehensive, when I took a U-Turn to reach Patio. I had a lot of apprehensions before stepping into Patio. My friend, who was with me said "Nikhil, don't know how the food would be? Lets not try it here."

These words were more than enough for me as I was in no mood to take changes post the Moksh experience but also wanted to try out a new outlet for sure. I drove straight into Patio and embarked ourselves on the tables for the nice journey of food, I would love calling "Rain'd Drench'd & Dine'd at Patio"

There's a no clear definition of word "quick bite" in foodie lingo & it cannot be explained at all. What matters the most to a foodie is the taste and not the quantity.

I did the honours of doling out the order for the night. Starting off with Shaami Kebab & Fish Adraki Kebab.

Shaami Kebabs were awesome and I loved them a lot. The aromatic fragrance of freshly cooked Shaami Kebab's gave a new phase of life to the sour taste left over from the lunch buffet at Moksh.

The Shaami Kebabs at Patio were worth every penny spent. Soft, Tender and Yummy.

The Pudine Ki Chutney added the ZING THING to it. Wish they also serves Garlic Sauce too. It would have elevated the Shaami'd Experience by leaps and bounds.

The tender meat used in the Shaami Kebab made us gulp down the whole of the Kebab at a go. I could feel the Kebab slowly passing down my throat, leaving behind a very distinctive taste.

BTW, Kababish sells one of the best Garlic Sauces & Dine-Hill serves one of the best Garlic Sauces.

Fish Adraki Kebabs were well cooked and the pieces were well marinated. The smell of fish was imminent & nothing could be done to it. But the smell of marinate was overpowering the faint smell of fish. I could always live with it, till the time it doesnot get onto my nerves and plays around.

2 Starters down and the rain still lashing out with its fullest fury, we ordered for Mutton Kheena Parantha. It wasn't that bad or that great. It was just the right kind of parantha that you would love having. It was a bit better than Khansama's Parantha. Wish they use less of Ghee while making these Parantha's. However, Ghee adds the much needed flavour to the Parantha's, so we all can live with it for sure.

As we were already half way through with our dinner, we thought lets complete it here itself & ordered Chicken Afghani & Zeera Rice. Downed this whole thing with couple of Fresh Lime Soda's. Afghani Chicken was equally tasty but can never ever compete with the Shaami Kebab. Shaami Kebab's were heavenly for sure.

To put an end to the good dining experience at a relatively unknown place, we ordered a couple of Qubani Ka Meetha's to go home satisfied and filled till the brim with lovely food.

Total Damage: 850/-

Star Attractions: Shaami Kebab

Address:
Moghal Mascot or Moghal Residency Building, Diagonally opposite to Reliance Super Market, Toli Chowki.

Last edited by traveloholic : 21st June 2010 at 21:43.
Old 21st June 2010, 21:39   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Nikhil, i just cannot beileve you binged on hotel food from Thursday Lunch until Sunday Dinner. Its nothing short of incredible !!!
It was just a chance, that happened unknowingly. The turnout of events led me to dine out most of the time, the whole of the weekend. It was unplanned and uncalled for but it happened & when it happens, it has to be shared.

Quote:
Amazing reviews with passion practically dripping of the posts and when i requested in-depth review little did i know that you would write an essay about each one of them....LOL
You asked for it and you are getting it Avi Bhai. Love to hear that you love my reviews too. I feel, the detailed the better. Isin't the passion for food dripping all over my posts.

Quote:
Btw, i dont want to spoil your fun but, be careful dont eat so much out. I dont want you too also to go for a lipid profile check (Mine was just about alright)
Got to hear a lot from my wifey about this thing. Heard a lot from her everyday and dined out everyday. Old Habits Die Hard, you know.

Anyways, hold on to your breath, I've started jogging and working out. Hope, I get somewhere close to being Avi

Last edited by traveloholic : 21st June 2010 at 21:42.
Old 21st June 2010, 21:46   #1910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Anyways, hold on to your breath, I've started jogging and working out. Hope, I get somewhere close to being Avi

That alone wont help. Apart from jogging/walk, you have to live on moong, salads and phulkas until your next meal in a hotel ( which wont be too far away)
Old 21st June 2010, 21:48   #1911
BHPian

I am just half-way through with my binge. More coming up tomorrow. Till that time, keep your comments/bricks/bats dropping in
Thursday Lunch > Thursday Dinner > Friday Lunch > Friday Dinner > Saturday Lunch > Saturday Supper > Saturday Dinner > Sunday Breakfast > Sunday Lunch > Sunday Dinner*

Quote:
That alone wont help. Apart from jogging/walk, you have to live on moong, salads and phulkas until your next meal in a hotel ( which wont be too far away)
Given the buffet's on at Ohri's outlets, I doubt if I would be able to hold on to it for time to come. Hope, I get the much needed will power to control myself

Last edited by traveloholic : 21st June 2010 at 21:49.
Old 22nd June 2010, 01:21   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Isda Thai?

Has anyone been here (near Lotus Pond, JH). What is the menu like? Food - quality, taste etc? Pricing?

It has been a loooooong time since I had good Thai food and have started craving it.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:52   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Has anyone been here (near Lotus Pond, JH). What is the menu like? Food - quality, taste etc? Pricing?

It has been a loooooong time since I had good Thai food and have started craving it.
NOthing special.

It is a two storied restraunt with an open to terrace. So its a nice place if you want to go chill in the evening underneath the sky with a view of KBR (much like cocos).

For me, I judge a Thai restraunt based on three things. Their Tom Yum Gai(very good 9/10), Pad Thai(average 5/10), and Chicken Basil (8/10)and Rice. And I have to say it is decent but doesn't come close to Thai Express.

A meal for two including beverages, soup, a starter and 2 main course portions set me back about Rs.1100ish
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:42   #1914
BHPian

Arrested by the Enigmatic Aroma in the dark dungeon called as Gufaa

Thursday Lunch (Wonton) > Thursday Dinner (Amantran) > Friday Lunch (Moksh) > Friday Dinner (Patio) > Saturday Lunch (Ohri's Gufaa) > Saturday Supper > Saturday Dinner > Sunday Breakfast > Sunday Lunch > Sunday Dinner*

Saturday's the day, I generally want to spend with my wifey, who eagerly awaits the whole week for Saturday. The only day we get to spend good quality time with each other. So Saturday's are mostly for her. Other things can always wait. So, we ventured out for a quick meet with a couple of people and then planned to have lunch together and then planned for a movie. Although, the movie thing did not work out, but the lunch thing hit the right spot.

We landed at Ohri's Gufaa for lunch as its been long since we've had lunch at Gufaa. We were joined in by my sister & brother-in-law for Lunch at Gufaa. Imagine this "4 People, 1 Foodie, 1 Tried & Tested Place", what do you expect... the order was more or less set before giving a dekko at the Menu.

Ordered Sikandari Raan & Talwar Kebab's for Starters. Sikandari Raan & Talwar Kebab are their Signature dishes and there hasn't been a single flaw everytime i've been there. Love the aromatic fragrance of Sikandari Raan & the unique way, in which Talwar Kebab's are served.

Sikandari Raan was very graciously marinated and had the juices flowing around to entice the hungry souls. The soft tender meat was dying to be devoured by me, hence I did not disappoint it and helped myself with heartful of Sikandari Raan servings. It was exceptionally great & still can't say i've had enough of it. The more I eat it, the more I love it. The more I love it, the more I urge to go back to Gufaa for another round of Sikandari Raan. Tried Raan at Dine-Hill once, but the taste at Gufaa exceeds Dine-Hill by leaps and bounds.

Talwar Kebab has a different taste to it and is hard to describe. The chicken is marinated in Afghani spcies & served with a Talwar or a Sword. Love the presentation more than the kebab. The Kebab's are exceptionally great but love the varied expressions, I get to see, when the waiter gets the Talwar Kebab, struck on to the Sword. It's a sight to watch, enjoy and relish. Personally, I like the taste of Talwar Kebab's a lot and it has always struck the right chords at the right moment.

This whole thing was washed down by a couple of Cranberry Juices and Fresh Lime Soda's. I've had loads of Fresh Lime Soda, so opted for Cranberry Juice

Starters done, relished and enjoyed, we moved on to the main course. Which again was pre-finalized. The Waiter for surprised as we never even once asked for the Menu Card or had a look at it. That's how you remember by heart, what you love and what you want to have.

Ordered Kareli Kinhari and Naan Chengezhi. You need real appetite to finish off the Naan Chengezhi for sure.

Kareli Kinhari was great as usual with tender lamb meat cooked to perfection in gravy. The tenderness of the lamb meet is noticed in the first bite itself. Loved the spicier variant of Kareli Kinhari. If you love spicy food, then just tell the waiter, that you would like it a bit spicy. As we had ordered Naan Chengezhi, we wanted the curry to be a bit on the spicier side. The Chef's done a great job on the spicy front. The dish wasn't too spicy nor wasn't too bland, it was just PERFECT.

Naan Chengezhi happens to be heaviest naan's i've ever had in my whole life. Haven't really seen a naan of this sort at other eatries/restaurants. Naan Chengezhi has loads and loads of almonds generously sprinkled in it. The almonds give it a varied taste and add's that extra thing to the whole eating experience.

The Naan Chengezhi with Kareli Kinhari's been my favorite combination from a long time and hope it stays same for the days to come.

Nothing comes close to Jamun-E-Gul at Gufaa. Jamun-E-Gul happens to be the softest Gulab Jamun i've ever had. The soft Gulab Jamun with loads and loads and loads of dry fruits in it.

Total Damage: 1800/-
Star Attractions: Everything i've mentioned
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:09   #1915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post

@Ravvs, if Thai food is what your craving for then try either Thai Bhan or Thai Express.

Beware Thai Express is good but their servings are quite small which makes the restuarant automatically expensive. If reasonably decent Thai Food ( not really authentic though), then try Shangai Chef at Madhapur.

@Nikhil,

This is turning out to be a mega foodie event on this thread. Superb writing and love the way you describe each dish. Gufaa has been my favorite to right from the days it has opened and have frequented it several times. I completely agree with you their Sikandari Raan and Talwar Kebab ( presented with a flourish by sliding the kebabs from the sword----Similar style in their sister concern---MEHFIL) has been my favorite too.

Gufaa is indeed a great place to eat north indian/ afgani type of cuisine and almost every dish there is delectable.

I remember one new year eve a couple of years ago, Me and Wifey partied at Novotel HICC and were hungry like hell and around 1AM we visited Gufaa and had to wait for almost one hour to get our seating but, hunger ruled and had to wait for that period but, food was superb and waiting turned out to be worth it.
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:42   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
This is turning out to be a mega foodie event on this thread.
The whole thing was unexpected turn out of events, that led me to dine and hit this food thread with a bang.

Quote:
Superb writing and love the way you describe each dish.
I am elated to know that you love the way I describe each dish. I feel that I am punishing myself by describing the dish with the intrinsic details. Everytime I write about a dish, I get that urge to have that dish again
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:13   #1917
BHPian

Mind blowing reviews traveloholic!! I am salivating all the way!
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:20   #1918
BHPian

Thursday Lunch (Wonton) > Thursday Dinner (Amantran) > Friday Lunch (Moksh) > Friday Dinner (Patio) > Saturday Lunch (Ohri's Gufaa) > Saturday Supper (Prawn King @ Eat Street) > Saturday Dinner > Sunday Breakfast > Sunday Lunch > Sunday Dinner*

Post Lunch, we bade goodbye to my people and wandered around aimlessly to land up at Prasad's for a movie. As luck had it, they were fully booked for all the shows and we had to drop the plan of watching a movie. This was a boon in disguise. Loittered around the over crowded havens of Prasad's before jutting out of Prasad's to make good of the time on hand.

With nothing much to do on hand, we planned to go on a long drive somewhere and return back. A lil' hesistant first, wifey said "Lets Go!!!" and we were crusing along the roads to a destination unknown and unplanned.

Wandering and loittering, we planned for a Around-The-City ride, starting from Prasad's & back. Khairtabad - Banjara Hills - Jubilee Hills - Madhapur - Kondapur - Gachibowli - Outer Ring Road - Shamshabad Airport - Bangalore Highway - A1 Dhaba (Reliance Petrol Bunk on Old Bangalore Highway, had a cup of tea there) and back via Shamshabad Airport - PV Narsimha Rao Expressway - Masab Tank - Necklace Road.

Loittering around, we reached Necklace Road as the weather was good and wanted to spend some time at Eat Street, enjoying the cool breeze. I am not much of a fan of Eat Street, this could be the 3rd time i've visited that place till now. Heard a lot about Prawn King @ Eat Street. So, it was one thing I wanted to try out.

Prawn King seemed to be a heaven for Prawn Lovers. The variety of prawns they have in offering was wide and looked a lot promising.

Ordered Ginger Prawns & Golden Fried Prawns. Heard a lot about Ginger Prawns at Prawn King, so it was one of the final orders.

Ginger Prawns were great to taste. Enjoy the every bit of it. The pungent smell of ginger paste was evidently there but the dish was delectable.

The Golden Fried Prawns were a bit over cooked/over fried. Wish they weren't that over fried, overall enjoyed those too.

As you are aware of my love for prawns, these are worth giving a try.

I would recommend a Take Away as opposed to eating there, given the on going Hussain Sagar Cleaning Project, there was a faint smell in the air.

Placed an order for Black Currant Ice Cream from the Ice Cream Shack and ended our tryst with Eat Street.

Total Damage: 400/-
Star Attraction: Ginger Prawns at Prawn King
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:27   #1919
BHPian

you guys are giving my dieting wife a very hard time :P especially nikhil with his indepth reviews , my mouth is drooling already at reading this , please consider my request to start a blog or a book
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:28   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
you guys are giving my dieting wife a very hard time :P
Hope I am not getting cursed for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
especially nikhil with his indepth reviews , my mouth is drooling already at reading this , please consider my request to start a blog or a book
Tks Kippu for drooling over reading my reviews. Hope these eateries are on your Must-Visit List as of now

Most Viewed