Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 18:32   #2551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I had been to ALPHA cafe @Secunderabad .
I passed Alpha at 12:30pm today afternoon. Should have popped inside to see if you were gorging on a CB
Old 23rd October 2010, 20:27   #2552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Hi folks, as you know I rarely come this side of the forum so I am not having much info on the availability of brunch buffet in Hyd or Sec-bad. Can any one please suggest one?
If you like salads etc, check out the F9 Diner at Kondapur opposite the Toyota Showroom and above the Hyundai showroom.
Buffet: Rs 271 including taxes.
The food is decent and they have a good selection of salads, 1 veg soup, bad mutton biryani, good chicken fry, good chicken gravy. A dosa counter and acceptable pasta. There are also some veg dishes and maybe some thing with fish in it.

Ista/ Westin are at in the Rs 800+ range. The food is usually continental and I have pics uploaded in my older posts.

17 Degrees North. Madhapur near Cyber Towers. IIRC the buffet is less than Rs 200 a plate. Decent spread nothing great.

Basil, Banjara Hills Road number 3, lumbini malls. Pure Veg buffet. Its a decent spread and the food is good. However I have once had bad daal served here. They immediatly replaced the dish. But it has happened.

Indijoe in Citi Center. Banjara Hills Rd 1. Service is a little poor and gets crowded. They also charge a half rate for kids. The rate is less than 300 on weekdays. The spread is usually good. The best time to be there is sharp at Noon. That way you beat the crowd at the buffet tables.

Angethi Banjara Hills Rd 1. GOOD food. They have a buffet. Lovely ambiance. I don't remember the price but it was under 300.

Bbq Nation. Absolute delight for the Non vegetarian. Rs 350 or so for a plate. The best thing is that the kabebs are served on a fire, which is setup in your table.
Old 23rd October 2010, 20:53   #2553
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
Has anyone tried the breakfast buffet at Eat Street on Necklace Road, or Ohris Jiva? There is also one at Urvasi hotel diagonally opposite NIMS.

I'd like to give one of these a shot, but need feedback from foodies.
Old 23rd October 2010, 22:40   #2554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I passed Alpha at 12:30pm today afternoon. Should have popped inside to see if you were gorging on a CB
I reached at Sharp 1pm, after parking my car @ Railway station.

Btw-Are you planning to attend tomorrow's OTR.?
Old 23rd October 2010, 22:43   #2555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks,
Has anyone tried the breakfast buffet at Eat Street on Necklace Road, or Ohris Jiva? There is also one at Urvasi hotel diagonally opposite NIMS.

I am not sure if Ohri's Jiva (Raj Bhavan Road) still has the Breakfast Buffet on.
Some 2-3 months back I went there but was informed that the service had been suspended.

When the buffet was available, I have enjoyed it.
The spread used to be
Bread with jam-butter.
Cornflakes with Milk.
Fruit juice
Tea and/or coffee
small idly, small wada and upma
dosa served at the table.

Used to be good.
Old 23rd October 2010, 22:50   #2556
Senior - BHPian

@bblost what was the price for the breakfast buffet ^^?
Old 23rd October 2010, 23:05   #2557
Team-BHP Support

It used to be about hundred rupees give or take a 20.

Found the website for this group.
Ohri's Jiva

Its too late to call and check right now.
Old 24th October 2010, 07:52   #2558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I am not sure if Ohri's Jiva (Raj Bhavan Road) still has the Breakfast Buffet on.
Some 2-3 months back I went there but was informed that the service had been suspended.
When the buffet was available, I have enjoyed it.
The spread used to be
Bread with jam-butter.
Cornflakes with Milk.
Fruit juice
Tea and/or coffee
small idly, small wada and upma
dosa served at the table.
Used to be good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
@bblost what was the price for the breakfast buffet ^^?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
It used to be about hundred rupees give or take a 20.
Found the website for this group.
Ohri's Jiva
Its too late to call and check right now.
Not sure if this information is in time ... Ohri's Jiva breakfast buffet is still on ... it was priced 99 + tax = 114 as of last saturday. It is pure veg and is excellent VFM ... and, yes, happy birthday!

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 24th October 2010 at 07:53.
Old 24th October 2010, 12:52   #2559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Not sure if this information is in time ... Ohri's Jiva breakfast buffet is still on ... it was priced 99 + tax = 114 as of last saturday. It is pure veg and is excellent VFM ... and, yes, happy birthday!
Thanks Bajaj saheb! I think I'll give it a shot one of these days. I was also told that the breakfast buffet at Eat Street on Necklace Road is good, but I am not sure if it is still there.
Old 24th October 2010, 17:56   #2560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wok n Roll, Himayathnagar Main Road
Is it the one in the adjacent lane of GKB Opticals??

Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTE: McDonalds is coming up soon at the place where Gayatri Bhavan used to be in Himayathnagar. Boy, its just a short walk from home for some McFillet-O-Burgers
Yeah! its near for me too! Avi, I think we should talk this McD folks to give some special discount coupons to us!!. We have been seeing this one for quite some time, did you see anything which indicates the opening date?? I hope they have made enough room for parking there!!
Old 24th October 2010, 20:48   #2561
BHPian

Hey guys ,

My bday is on 29th oct ( friday ), i want to take my friends out for a dinner, there are 7 of us any suggestions ? budget is around 3.5 - 4k . Was thinking about Bbq nation but won't that shoot over my budget for 7 people?
Old 24th October 2010, 23:52   #2562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik123 View Post
Hey guys ,

My bday is on 29th oct ( friday ), i want to take my friends out for a dinner, there are 7 of us any suggestions ? budget is around 3.5 - 4k . Was thinking about Bbq nation but won't that shoot over my budget for 7 people?
I would highly recommend Barbeque Nation for dinner to treat your friends. The Nett price is Rs.600 per person. So it does overshoot your budget by a couple of hundred bucks.

If you take them for lunch you would save 40% of that budget and you get a free beverage too. Just that the lunch comes with a few less dishes.

But, dinner is what you will enjoy most at BBQ Nation.

Best wishes for your birthday in advance and Have fun
Old 25th October 2010, 07:26   #2563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik123 View Post
Hey guys ,

Quote:
I would highly recommend Barbeque Nation for dinner to treat your friends. The Nett price is Rs.600 per person. So it does overshoot your budget by a couple of hundred bucks.

If you take them for lunch you would save 40% of that budget and you get a free beverage too. Just that the lunch comes with a few less dishes.

But, dinner is what you will enjoy most at BBQ Nation.

Best wishes for your birthday in advance and Have fun

Happy Birthday!

Alternative to BBQ-Nation is "The Grand Wok" @ 399++ which includes 2 free beverages.

Another option is IndiJoe Dinner Buffet since 29th is a friday.

The prices of the buffets at both these venues are available from my posts in the last few months and are certainly < 500 / person all inclusive.
Old 25th October 2010, 12:14   #2564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Is it the one in the adjacent lane of GKB Opticals??

Yeah! its near for me too! Avi, I think we should talk this McD folks to give some special discount coupons to us!!. We have been seeing this one for quite some time, did you see anything which indicates the opening date?? I hope they have made enough room for parking there!!

MCD has VIP pass for drive thru orders , on every Rs.50 purchase u get Rs.20 worth free ( Fries regular / icecream / salad burger / small coke ) . it is good VFM.
Old 25th October 2010, 12:30   #2565
Senior - BHPian

Had a nice dinner at Sholay last night, and food was good this time---not spicy like when we last visited with Team-bhp members.
Total cost for 5 including refreshments was 1600/ after the discount. The only non-veg dish we'd had was Chicken Tikka Masala, and it was quite nice.

Followed up with Ice-creams at Naturals---both Sitaphal and Chocochips were quite delicious for Rs 35 a cup.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks