Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 14:16   #3001
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Had dinner last night at "Delhi Smackers" in Madhapur.

Bought a coupon for Rs.160. This is what came for that coupon :-

Chat Platter ( Paapdi Chat, Lachha Tokri, Lime Juice, Gulab Jamun)

Raj Bhog Platter ( Aloo Tikki, Raj Bhog, Lime Juice, Gulab Jamun)

Chole Bathura Combo ( Chole, Bathura, Raitha, Salad and Lime Juice)

Paid extra ( Rs.53) for Raajma Chawal as wifey is a huge fan.

Cheerful ambience and excellent taste and curd used is high quality and is easily way better than the other famous chat bandhars and roadside eateries.

Rajma Chawal didnt taste exactly like how you get in Delhi but, nonetheless very good.

We spent a total of Rs. 220 for such a fantastic and wholesome meal for 3. I must have spent more on fuel to get there than food. It's certainly VFM and will go there again.

Note : Apparently its run by a ex-IT employee who worked with some big names in the industry for 10 years and he was very courteous and attentive. This establishment started 2 months ago and is doing excellent is perfect for all those IT employees from North who used to miss this taste in Hyderabad.

Great idea and has given me some food for thought.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:27   #3002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Had dinner last night at "Delhi Smackers" in Madhapur.
Avinash Bhai, what's the address? Location please? Hows the service? Would love to take my family there sometime soon.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:38   #3003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Avinash Bhai, what's the address? Location please? Hows the service? Would love to take my family there sometime soon.
Lane exactly opposite to IOC petrol pump on Madhapur road OR lane adjacent to Bawarchi hotel. When you enter this lane, its on your left side after 50 meters. Its on the 1st floor.

Service is quite good as well.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:08   #3004
BHPian

Oh! This reminds me of Swagath Hotel in that lane, they used to make the best Malai Kofta's in Madhapur. Used to frequent them a lot, when I was working at Deloitte. Don't really know, if Swagath Hotel's still there or they have packed their bags from Madhapur.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:13   #3005
Team-BHP Support

I remove the Australian Sunshine Kebebs from my recommended list.

Went at around 2:10 PM. Took them some 5-10 mins to find someone to attend to me. There was some confused boy at the counter. Empty restaurant without adequate service levels.

Thumbs down.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:34   #3006
BHPian

Quote:
Great idea and has given me some food for thought.
What exactly was wrong with the Rajmah. I am guessing it must be Rajmah as going wrong with rice requires some real effort.

Let us discuss your thoughts on some food for thought. I am sure it will be worth discussing!
Old 18th March 2011, 16:57   #3007
BHPian

"Ghar Ka Khana"

Pure homemade quality & tasty food coming soon to serve you at your doorstep.

Veg./Non Veg Meals with Free Delivery Service at reasonable price.

Contact for Further Details

98 6666 1951

- - - - - - - - -

Got a pamphlet with the daily morning news paper as above.

Called up the lady on the mobile who informed she is starting the business from next week initially with only lunch.

Delivery area is upto 2km from Punjagutta (Hyderabad Central).

Veg Meal is 1 Dal, 2 Curries, 1 Veg, Phulka & Rice and priced at 50.

In Non Veg, 1 curry is replaced with Egg/Fish/Chicken.

Did not pursure further as it is better to try the food once they open and then review.
Old 18th March 2011, 20:33   #3008
Team-BHP Support

Chennai Idleez or something like that@ Ameerpet.

Saw the advt in The Hindu today morning. Location is in the lane adjacent to Rama Hospital opposite Chermas.
The name meant I had to go there and check the Sambhar.
Unfortunately that is all I got. The staff forgot to give me any other accompaniment like chutney for instance.

However. I will go back here. and go back and go back.

The idlies are made of rice. Not the rava rice as is common in Hyderabad. But actually Idly rice. Lovely, soft and delicious.

Masala Dosa, the masala is the way it is made in Chennai. Loved it.

Onion Rava dosa. I suspect that most restaurants in Hyderabad buy old newspapers. Soak them in water for a few days. Then make a paste out of them and cook it up and serve it as rava dosa. Ok that is a big exageration. But this is the way a rava dosa must feel like.

Chilly Parotta: served with onion raita. Excellent.

Bill: Rs 162.

The sambhar, was good. Not the sweet kind as is common here but quite close to Chennai type. Close but not equal.

The next time I will be careful and get the Chutneys as well.

Last edited by bblost : 18th March 2011 at 20:39.
Old 18th March 2011, 21:50   #3009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Please give directions. thanks.

Oops! Feeling sleepy, sorry.

Last edited by unoczar : 18th March 2011 at 22:03. Reason: Got directions from original post.
Old 18th March 2011, 21:57   #3010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Saw the advt in The Hindu today morning. Location is in the lane adjacent to Rama Hospital opposite Chermas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Please give directions. thanks.
As mentioned above, location seems to be in the lane adjacent to Rama Hospital opposite Chermas.
Old 18th March 2011, 22:16   #3011
Team-BHP Support

^Exactly.

Thanks Neilguy.

Opposite Hotel Sitara Residency is Dr Ramas Institute for fertility. Adjacent to the institute is a road. This restaurant is on that that road.

Marked the spot with red.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-link.jpg
Old 19th March 2011, 08:41   #3012
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The point is why write/mention something that you cannot do. And there is a nice way to refuse as well.
I'm not going there to get stuff, however good the Biryani may be.
I have ordered and gotten home delivery from them once.

Did not encounter any issue with the service.
However they have a bad telephone system that first asks you to enter a choice. Takeaway or Bakery or Cafe.. That is plain stupid in my opinion. A dedicated number to the Takeaway must be available.

The biryani is decent. Nothing great about it.
The veg fried rice is however quite nice.
Old 19th March 2011, 09:34   #3013
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a simple meal yesterday at my favorite " Reshmi Restuarant" Parklane, Secunderabad.

Chicken Tangdi Kebab : Juiciest Kebas in town for sure

Kheema Masala with Tandoori Roti: This kheema is as good as you get in Green Park or maybe better. Must Try !!!

Fresh Lime Soda

Damages : Rs.375
Old 19th March 2011, 09:52   #3014
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Little Italy though the taste is quite nice and authentic is rip-off in terms of portions. They serve as if there is a strike at the veggie market.

Well, A few pointers as to why i assume my mom wouldnt like that place is because she is a pure veggie and never likes bandhi food, VFM hotels etc.

She beileves in going out fewer times in a month (2- 3 times) but, go to a place where the ambience, food quality and experience is memorable.

Hence, keeping that in mind :-

1. Ambience in Tolichowki is not exactly upmarket and is crowded and has restuarants jampacked tightly next to each other. Approach to that complex is a major downer with garbage dump overflowing.

2. It's a heaven for NV lovers and definetly hell for a pure veggie eater

3. Even if veggie food can be had, there would be a heavy NV flavour, scent, aroma all through that air which may not be easy digestable to a veg-eater
Quote:
Originally Posted by AslamHussain View Post
Four Seasons is one of my all time fav restaurant! The Arabic food and choice of kebabs is simply amazing. Not to forget that they serve the best biryani in town. The restaurant ambience is also good and definitely suitable for the family.

I however agree with Mobike008 that its not so much of an attraction for veg eaters and parking is definitely a concern there. Of course all this is cause of the all the way too many restaurants in the same complex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Thanks for the honesty. As far as the NV point, I'm not sure anything can be done about that unfortunately. However I do know there is an effort being made to have that garbage dump being moved to a different location/down the road, we'll see how that goes.

I know there are other efforts being made to organize and clean up the complex grounds, hopefully this will help the overall feel of the place. I am going to forward your comments to those who are working on these issues because it's good to get outside input on issues like these.

I've suggested to offer "parallel parking" along the "V" sections of the inner roads, but that was veto'd because most thought most drivers are not used to parallel parking. They are moving motorcycle parking to the section closest to the road, and clearing up some of the inner triangle to try to improve parking(as well as moving the Pan Wala near the bike section as well). We'll see how that works, but hopefully it will open up some space for more car parking within the complex.

I'll pass on both of your comments, and thanks again for being open/honest.

Curious if any of you have been to this complex(Toli Chowki/Yousuf Tekri Complex where Four Seasons/Mandar/Banne Nawabs is) recently? Most of these issues should have been taken care of, and AFAIK, the last issue they are still working on is the placement of the trash bins on the street(limited control as it's a city thing). Hoping to keep making the experience better and better over time. Let me know if you guys have any other/more suggestions for it.

Last edited by HPP : 19th March 2011 at 10:12.
Old 19th March 2011, 14:52   #3015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Curious if any of you have been to this complex(Toli Chowki/Yousuf Tekri Complex where Four Seasons/Mandar/Banne Nawabs is) recently? Most of these issues should have been taken care of, and AFAIK,
You seem to have a sixth sense. I was planning to visit "Four Seasons" on Sunday evening to taste their Biryani as its been very long.

Will update with a feedback post my visit. Btw, which restuarant is owned by you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks