Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2012, 19:10   #4771
Senior - BHPian

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
I am an ardent fan of Nolan's movies and watched TDKR on friday night show. I did not get the kick while exiting the theater which I felt during Dark knight.

Is it the length of the movie ?
Is it the masked Bane ?
NO intro about Bane but still he is stronger than the Batman with gadgets and professional training and the first ever villain more powerful than Batman (at least physically).
I

I have watched Dark knight and Inception umpteen number of times without blinking every time but I doubt it for TDKR.
But when compared to the normal Hollywood movies getting released now a days, TDKR - is awesome .

Agree with you here. I felt that the TDKR didn't live up to the expectations. Or rather, my expectation. Or, maybe, my expectation was unrealistic after watching TDK. Tom Hardy does justice to his role. But after watching Ledger, I doubt if anyone can pull of any better than Ledger, including Ledger himself.

It is definitely on the slower side as compared to the previous one. This movie focuses more on the character build up, unlike the previous one.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th July 2012 at 00:40. Reason: Removing Spoilers for those who have not seen the movie, thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 20:04   #4772
BHPian

Hey guys.. I dunno if its been discussed before, but I wanted to ask - What are the funniest movies you have seen? I mean real good, high quality comedy. Can you guys give your suggestions?
Old 25th July 2012, 20:11   #4773
BHPian

The Dark knight rises was actually a real treat for Nolan's fans!
But there was something missing in it. The Climax was really good, Thanks to Hans Zimmer, the sound effects and the soundtracks were awesome!. But i think the Dark knight and the Inception were better.
Heath Ledger stole the show as the Joker and in Inception, the story, the BGM , DiCaprio's acting were absolutely brilliant! Inception got everyone guessing whether it was dream or reality at the end! But the Dark Knight rises got us asking for more.
As a big fan of Batman, i would say that the Dark Knight is the best Superhero movie series ever!

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th July 2012 at 00:44. Reason: Removing Spoilers for those who have not seen the movie, thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 21:30   #4774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart
Hey guys.. I dunno if its been discussed before, but I wanted to ask - What are the funniest movies you have seen? I mean real good, high quality comedy. Can you guys give your suggestions?
Fish called Wanda, Wayne's world, death at a funeral ,the Chris rock one (high quality, but a bit, you know, American)
I love the unsubtlety of last action hero.
Four weddings, Monty pythons life of Brian.
And take the time for "top secret" ,hilarious!
Old 25th July 2012, 21:38   #4775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NO intro about Bane but still he is stronger than the Batman with gadgets and professional training and the first ever villain more powerful than Batman (at least physically).
Your answer to who is Bane lies in the link below. Enjoy

The Dark Knight Rises: the history of Bane | Den of Geek

Looking at Bane's history, it would have taken a couple of movies to show how he became masked Bane. Also he did appear in Knighfall and Batman and Robin.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th July 2012 at 00:46. Reason: Removing Spoilers for those who have not seen the movie, thanks :)
Old 25th July 2012, 21:56   #4776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992
Inception got everyone guessing whether it was dream or reality at the end!
Speaking of inception, was it dream or reality in the end? I thought it was a dream.

Havent yet watched TDKR and from the reviews looks like i gotta lay off this thread for a while. *spoilers*
Old 25th July 2012, 23:33   #4777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
But there was something missing in it. The Climax was really good, the theatre erupted....

Sorry to intervene in the review section. But I do have a honest request to all the members not to post a very important scene of the movie. You just spoilt the whole movie going experience of a person who hasn't seen it yet.

FYI, I have already seen the movie and thought it was awesome, but came to a conclusion that even Nolan could not top of what he himself did with Dark Knight.

Other queries about Bane are being answered by above linky by chevelle. Bane's defination in itself is the most powerful foe Batman has ever encountered (Physicality sense).
+ He is the only one who has caused physical damage to Batman (see wiki.)

TDK : Is a movie every Batman/Superhero Fan will cherish till the times movies are made. However after looking at the oscar nominations for that year I was depressed to see TDK getting a win only for Best Supporting role actor. No editing??; No Action.??.Come on Academy ; let someone deserving WIN once! (Slumdog won the most awards that year)
Old 26th July 2012, 00:50   #4778
Senior - BHPian

Note From Support Team - Guys, do not post any details about the The Dark Knight Rises its really not fair for those who have not seen the movie. I have Deleted/Edited posts which had even a hint of a spoiler. Thanks.
Old 26th July 2012, 00:58   #4779
Senior - BHPian

Thank you technocrat. I unfortunately read that spoiler. :(
Old 27th July 2012, 13:33   #4780
Team-BHP Support

A little something for those who haven't watched the movie. The perfect way to describe this fantastic Trilogy.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-318740_395292893865408_359899697_n.jpg  

Old 27th July 2012, 15:40   #4781
BHPian

Quote:
If i rate TDKR in Nolan's standard i.e., comparing it with his previous movies.

1)Dark Knight
2)Inception
3)TDKR
4)Prestige
No 'Memento' in a list of Nolan's films? . And I would rate 'The Prestige' above his other movies except 'Memento'. I think 'Inception' is a bit overrated. Sure, it was great, but I don't think it was better than any of his Batman movies.
Old 27th July 2012, 16:18   #4782
BHPian

I found TDKR amazing.
We have to understand that this was conclusion of the series, atleast from Bale and Nolan's side, so they had to build everything up and drive it to a heightened end, at the same time leaving scope for the producer if he may attempt to continue it in the future.
Comparing it to TDK will be unjust because they are basically entirely different.
Bane has been the strongest villain Batman has ever faced, physically; while Joker is just demented.
Overall I'd rate this above TDK solely because this was actually Batman's story. Ledger just zapped everyone in TDK but here, it actually was Batman at the centre.
Old 27th July 2012, 21:49   #4783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
We have to understand that this was conclusion of the series, atleast from Bale and Nolan's side, so they had to build everything up and drive it to a heightened end, at the same time leaving scope for the producer if he may attempt to continue it in the future.
Comparing it to TDK will be unjust because they are basically entirely different.
Overall I'd rate this above TDK solely because this was actually Batman's story. Ledger just zapped everyone in TDK but here, it actually was Batman at the centre.
That's what i also said. People are comparing two different movies that carries forward the story to an epic conclusion.

Its not like DKR is a remake of TDK. It just doesn't make sense to compare those two.

But OTOH, if they compare Amazing Spiderman to Spiderman 1 of Tobey's series than it is perfectly sensible since both are reboots with same theme.

DKR just carries forward a legacy. And it matches the previous two and at times exceeds.
Old 27th July 2012, 22:17   #4784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
I watched Horrible Bosses recently and found it quite funny. It may not go down to well with some but I think it's pretty good. The cast is a big one too, with Jennifer Aniston, Collin Farrell, Charlie Day, Kevin Spacey, Jamie Foxx..

It's got a 7/10 in IMDB.
Old 27th July 2012, 23:25   #4785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
I found TDKR amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
That's what i also said. People are comparing two different movies that carries forward the story to an epic conclusion.
This post is about The Dark Knight Rises (TDKR) and it does not contain spoilers.

Finally I find people in agreement with me. All over the internet this is the opinion – TDKR is not as good as TDK. I just cannot fathom on what parameters are people judging it. I think it is just stupid to compare movies – watching movies is a subjective thing. Different people have different likings – I even know someone who thinks TDKR is an average movie.
I saw a lot of blogs/articles mentioning a list of bloopers in the movie, criticizing Nolan for making an average movie and not to the likes of TDK. Please tell me the areas where this movie does not have that x-factor which TDK had. I think people were expecting too much out of this movie and when they did not get what they wanted they opined that the movie was not as good as TDK.

Those who have not seen it – Please do not read more on internet; just go to a theatre and watch it. Watch it fast so that we can discuss the movie in detail. I wanted to write more about the story but then it would spoil the fun for those who have not seen it.

Most Viewed