Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 13:10   #1876
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Akshay in his formal clothes with sport shoes riding a ghastly and broken down chetak/super scooter was excellent in his role and he almost fits in because of his average looks

Shriya's debut in hindi movie was good and she too makes an impact with her role. Cant say the same thing about Mugdha Godse who is average
Another good low budget movie? Thanks for the review. I think Akshaye Khanna has huge female fan following.

Shriya acted few Hindi movies in the past. Aawarapan was the last one I remember (opp Imraan Hashmi).

Last edited by Latheesh : 6th February 2012 at 13:11.
Old 6th February 2012, 13:47   #1877
BHPian

I kind of liked Agneepath. Saw it a few days ago and the one performance that stood out has to be that of Rishi Kapoor. Brilliant acting. Hritik was a bit out of place as a chawl boy, does not look the part, but he also came good in a copule of scenes. I wonder if they could have given his role to someone more "earthy". Anyway overall a good movie and worth a watch. And the highlight is as always Katrina Kaif.
Old 6th February 2012, 14:20   #1878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Shriya has already acted in movies like Awarapan and Mission Istanbul, so this is not the first Hindi she acted in.
Oh! I didnt know she acted already in Hindi movies. I didnt see both those movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Another good low budget movie? Thanks for the review. I think Akshaye Khanna has huge female fan following.
I dont think Askhaye enjoys a fan following let alone huge. He is short, bald, has an akward body language. So dont know how girls like him?

Btw, he sports a thick bunch of hair in this movie ( obviously a wig)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I kind of liked Agneepath. Saw it a few days ago and the one performance that stood out has to be that of Rishi Kapoor. Brilliant acting. Hritik was a bit out of place as a chawl boy, does not look the part, but he also came good in a copule of scenes. I wonder if they could have given his role to someone more "earthy". Anyway overall a good movie and worth a watch. And the highlight is as always Katrina Kaif.
I'll go with your review. Seen it a couple of weeks ago.

Sanjay Dutt was the best actor in the whole movie and looked really sinister and did a good job

Rishi was fantastic in his role of Rauf Lala. He has always been an effortless actor

Hrithik, I agree didnt fit into that role and he didnt make as much impact as the other two

Katrina Kaif burnt some hearts in that song. Her dance steps were a bit embarassing but, what matters is she danced so freely

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th February 2012 at 14:31.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 14:48   #1879
Senior - BHPian

Saw Agneepath last weekend, was disappointed with the movie. Its a no match to the original. Hrithik at places looks so exhausted. The scene stealers are actually Sanjay Dutt with his menancing looks (my son was too terrfied to look at him) and Priyanka Chopra (what a fab figure). I could not imagine Rishi Kapoor doing a negative role with such intensity. The climax was idiotic, if HR could do it the last scene, surely he could have done it before, why waste so much of reels.

Rating: 2.5/5
Old 6th February 2012, 15:31   #1880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The climax was idiotic, if HR could do it the last scene, surely he could have done it before, why waste so much of reels.
Rating: 2.5/5
It was a decent movie but, could have been atleast 30mins-45mins shorter. The last 30 minutes was unbearable and I was in two minds to get up and leave the theatre
Old 6th February 2012, 15:39   #1881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Katrina Kaif burnt some hearts in that song. Her dance steps were a bit embarassing but, what matters is she danced so freely
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The scene stealers are actually Sanjay Dutt with his menancing looks (my son was too terrfied to look at him)
Heard the same thing from Sis too. My Sis and BIL along with my soon to be 5 yrs old nephew went for the movie.
My nephew,was scared of Sanjay Dutt and he in clear terms didn't like Katrina Kaif's dance moves. He told it's not good and that he don't like it. He kept pestering to go home in during the movie.
Embarrasing dance moves for sure from Katrina to watch with family.
Old 6th February 2012, 16:34   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Oh! I didnt know she acted already in Hindi movies. I didnt see both those movies

I dont think Askhaye enjoys a fan following let alone huge. He is short, bald, has an akward body language. So dont know how girls like him?

Btw, he sports a thick bunch of hair in this movie ( obviously a wig)

I'll go with your review. Seen it a couple of weeks ago.

Sanjay Dutt was the best actor in the whole movie and looked really sinister and did a good job

Rishi was fantastic in his role of Rauf Lala. He has always been an effortless actor

Hrithik, I agree didnt fit into that role and he didnt make as much impact as the other two

Yup, some of the dance moves were over the top and a bit embarassing and I think Sheela was still her best avatar. But still much better than any of the item songs in the last few months and she is a treat to the eyes..

On Hritik's role, maybe an Ajay Devgun could probably have done more justice to it. He is possibly the only person I can think of right now who can carry his own in an action scene. I really cant think of anyone else who could have gone up against someone with the screen presence of Dutt, that too as a villan. If this move were made 5-7 years ago, Sanju baba could have easily essayed Hritiks role and would probably have done more justice to the role immortalised by the legendary AB.

Last edited by mav2000 : 6th February 2012 at 16:38.
Old 7th February 2012, 17:08   #1883
Senior - BHPian

Saw a couple of movies over the weekend:
a) Ladies vs Ricky Behl: Well, its not bad. Total timepass movie if you like to keep on munching pop-corn. Loved the adorable Parineeti Chopra in it. Ranveer Singh is okayish but looks weird with his unnaturally white teeth and Anushka Sharma is good. 3/5 from my side.

b) Desi-Boyz: Seriously, why do they make movies like these which doesnt have anything going for it (except for maybe Deepika Padukone ). Akshay Kumar and John are over the top with cheap humour. The other heroine, Chitrangadha Singh, was actually having a cameo in this movie. Seriously, Sanjay Dutt had more on-screen time than her. 1.5 or 2 /5 from my side.
Old 9th February 2012, 04:14   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Watched Agneepath, now the movie could have been bearable if they had called it anything but Agneepath because then it wouldnt have to fit in the big shoes of the First Agneepath.

Anyways to cut a long story short, the story has been changed just for teh heck of it with very poor dialogs(Which Muneem in 1977 in a small village would use the word "Meeting" for a gathering of people) & screenplay (I still cant figure out why would Hrithik go to Mandva to get beaten up & then come back miraculously alive). Individual scenes have been shot well & the cast performed brilliantly.

The Ganesha song is wonderful composition & has been shot equally well.

Watch it only for the brillaint performances by Sanjay Dutt, Hrishi Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan & others.

Rating - 2/5
Old 9th February 2012, 15:36   #1885
Senior - BHPian

Watched the movie 'Gali Gali Chor Hai' today. This movie aims at showing the flow of corruption in our society and viewers get the message very clearly.

But the quality of movie is poor especially dialogues and acting. This is strictly a one time watch. The story could have been better also.

Ratings - 2/5.
Old 12th February 2012, 09:53   #1886
BHPian

Saw Ek main aur Ekk tu yesterday. I liked the movie a lot! The USP of the movie is its simplicity. Story is the usual complicated love story of two people and the same thing can be known from the trailers. But the way the movie is shown is good. Imran and Kareena, both were fantastic. In fact everyone in this movie did brilliant acting. Music was also just about right – I liked the title song a lot. There is a mention of the phrase “Perfectly Average” in this movie which indeed sums up the movie. This movie is “Perfectly Average” whose direction and cinematography is refreshing.
Old 12th February 2012, 10:20   #1887
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Agneepath, now the movie could have been bearable if they had called it anything but Agneepath because then it wouldnt have to fit in the big shoes of the First Agneepath.

Anyways to cut a long story short, the story has been changed just for teh heck of it with very poor dialogs(Which Muneem in 1977 in a small village would use the word "Meeting" for a gathering of people) & screenplay (I still cant figure out why would Hrithik go to Mandva to get beaten up & then come back miraculously alive). Individual scenes have been shot well & the cast performed brilliantly.

The Ganesha song is wonderful composition & has been shot equally well.

Watch it only for the brillaint performances by Sanjay Dutt, Hrishi Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan & others.

Rating - 2/5
Stupid movie. Only thing, I also found the original to be boring.
And the only good acting in the new one was by Rishi Kapoor.
The movie, though loud, was OK till the interval. But post interval disintegrates so rapidly, it spins your head.
Old 12th February 2012, 11:51   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
a) Ladies vs Ricky Behl: Well, its not bad. Total timepass movie if you like to keep on munching pop-corn. Loved the adorable Parineeti Chopra in it. Ranveer Singh is okayish but looks weird with his unnaturally white teeth and Anushka Sharma is good. 3/5 from my side.

b) Desi-Boyz: Seriously, why do they make movies like these
Ricky behl was a huge bore - con movie with such a simple plot? And Ranveer has no personality to carry out such a role and Anushka is getting caught in the web of similar roles (i liked her a lot at one time).

And, NEVER watch a Akshay Kumar movie. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Saw Ek main aur Ekk tu yesterday. I liked the movie a lot! The USP of the movie is its simplicity
Imraan Khan initially impressed a lot, but he too is doing repetitive roles. He should be more adventurous, like RK.
Old 13th February 2012, 07:31   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post

b) Desi-Boyz: Seriously, why do they make movies like these which doesnt have anything going for it (except for maybe Deepika Padukone ). Akshay Kumar and John are over the top with cheap humour. The other heroine, Chitrangadha Singh, was actually having a cameo in this movie. Seriously, Sanjay Dutt had more on-screen time than her. 1.5 or 2 /5 from my side.
I enjoyed Desi Boyz. Why I liked it? Maybe the after effects of watching Ra.One and Don2. Actually I was expecting the worse seeing Akshay's trend lately (Chandni Chowk, Tees Maar Khan ) , but ended up enjoying the film.
Old 13th February 2012, 08:13   #1890
Senior - BHPian

I liked EMAET. Good one-time timepass. Imran did his job well while kareena played the loudmouth bubbly character to the hilt. Boman and Ratna Pathak did good roles (perfect caricatures).

Ideal movie to watch on a long flight

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks