Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2013, 14:49   #2011
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

[quote=trammway;3191451]Thanks folks, My Dilemma is continuing to grow and now the selection is either super simple or most complicated dials. The new swift in the selection process also included the following two watches. record your vote:

Attachment 1117538

For me there is no other option but a JLC Master control is the one to go for. It may be that I am partial towards JLC but for me they are at the very epitome of fine watch making. There is JLC and then there are other watches.
Old 9th August 2013, 15:05   #2012
BHPian

Just took my GMT Master II 16710 off the watch winder as it has not been worn at all in last couple of years.
Now the dilemma I am facing is, should I wear it with the Pepsi Bezel ( Blue and Red) which is on it at the moment or should I put either a coke Bezel ( Blue and Black) or an all black bezel.
I am thinking of using it as a daily wear for a few weeks before my new GMT Master Ceramic 116710 is delivered.
I am putting some pictures of the watch and the bezels below.
Any suggestions most welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_4886.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4889.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4892.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4893.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4899.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4902.jpg  

Old 9th August 2013, 18:00   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Ordered it from Flipkart, they had 20% discount on Saturday. I paid Rs.840/- after discount.
Hey congrates. Just a clarification, it's hand winding watch correct?

Thanks,
Pradip.
Old 9th August 2013, 20:25   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
For me there is no other option but a JLC Master control is the one to go for. It may be that I am partial towards JLC but for me they are at the very epitome of fine watch making. There is JLC and then there are other watches.
Considering your Rolex pepsis and colas, my suggestion would be a Panerai Luminor, the elegant and understated.
Old 9th August 2013, 21:47   #2015
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Thanks folks, My Dilemma is continuing to grow and now the selection is either super simple or most complicated dials. The new swift in the selection process also included the following two watches. record your vote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
My vote goes for the Luminor. Bold, clean and very elegant
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Forget the Jaeger, go for the Panerai. Infinitely classier in my opinion. Simplicity of design, great quality, super functionality and real elegance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_limit View Post

Am late to the party but here goes. I personally would never chose either of these 2 models. Have never liked this particular model of JLC so would give a pass. Have never liked Panerai except the 243 submersible and would blindly pick up one. However, between these 2 I'll lean closer to the Panerai even though I absolutely love the JLC brand. And congrats on your further acquisitions

Quote:
Just took my GMT Master II 16710 off the watch winder as it has not been worn at all in last couple of years.
Now the dilemma I am facing is, should I wear it with the Pepsi Bezel ( Blue and Red) which is on it at the moment or should I put either a coke Bezel ( Blue and Black) or an all black bezel.
I am thinking of using it as a daily wear for a few weeks before my new GMT Master Ceramic 116710 is delivered.
Congrats on the ceramic version! . Would go with the all black or blue and black bezel but I guess the pepsi bezel is more popular for this model.
Old 9th August 2013, 23:45   #2016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
Hey congrates. Just a clarification, it's hand winding watch correct?

Thanks,
Pradip.
Yes, its a manual hand wound mechanical watch.
Old 10th August 2013, 11:00   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have an all black bezel and think that is the best colour.

By the way how much do they charge for servicing this watch? I have to give my one for service.
Old 10th August 2013, 18:51   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I am waiting for hmt adsl 2,3 or nasl. models . But none is available .
I am planning to Visit World Trade Centre in Mumbai. There is HMT showroom. I am looking at buying HMT NASS too.

I do own Swiss automatic, but the sheer value the HMT will offer will not be matched.

Unless we support HMT, we will not see more range.
Old 11th August 2013, 01:36   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post

Congrats on the ceramic version! . Would go with the all black or blue and black bezel but I guess the pepsi bezel is more popular for this model.
Many thanks but I haven't got the ceramic version yet and the more I am thinking about it some how I am getting the feeling that its gonna sit in the watch winder most of the time.

Even I am leaning towards the all black bezel but the only thing stopping me from doing this is that with a black bezel on, it looks too similar to a submariner. Though it can always be argued that the second time zone hand is always a differentiating factor on a GMT.

I second your thoughts about Panerai but for me the 1 Panerai which makes me week in the knees will always be PAM 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I have an all black bezel and think that is the best colour.

By the way how much do they charge for servicing this watch? I have to give my one for service.
Depending upon where you give the watch for servicing, a basic service for sending it to Rolex costs £ 550. They will charge for extra parts , if needed. At a good independent it will cost around £ 350.

However on a personal note I don't believe that you should fall in the trap of getting your watches serviced regularly unless there is something wrong or they are loosing/gaining noticeable time. I own quite a few watches and never go for a regular servicing.
One thing though I would suggest is to invest in a good watch winder for your automatic watches. Go for the one which has got programmable clock wise and anti clock wise cycles.
Old 11th August 2013, 11:48   #2020
BHPian

Guys, I'm looking forward to buy a watch during next month and my budget is 6K. I almost zeroed on the ED417 from Casio from flipkart, as it is out of stock at most of the shops at my place. Have to take a look before i will finalize.

But, when i was looking through ebay. i found that many Edifice models worth 8-15K are available for as cheap as 4K. Are these original imports or fake ones ? How can we know for sure ? I've asked one seller about why no manufacturer warranty is offered, he replied saying its because its an import. Anyone here bought from ebay or so ?
Old 11th August 2013, 15:49   #2021
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Just Loved the H M T Pilot . In N C R , finding a H M T store was a task, So Flip kart come to rescue .

http://www.flipkart.com/hmt-mechanic...TDHHASVHPXGGKY

Ordered for 1200 Rs. Didn't cared much for Discounts . Got bowled over with it's Simplicity & Old World charm . Kept Staring at the Watch and didn't even realized when i placed the Oder .

Just wondering what are the Prices for this watch in HMT stores in B,lore. I paid 1200 rs .

Being my First Mechanical watch - What all care do i need to take care of her on daily basis ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
i found that many Edifice models worth 8-15K are available for as cheap as 4K. Are these original imports or fake ones ? How can we know for sure ? I've asked one seller about why no manufacturer warranty is offered, he replied saying its because its an import. Anyone here bought from ebay or so ?
Avoid it I has say. buyer protection on ebay is not some thing to talk about. My experience is that in case of a dispute, Ebay Usually favors seller and why would some body sell a 14-15 K watch that too with imported tag for just 4 K ?

For Casio, Did you checked Official Casio Store in GIP noida ??

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 11th August 2013 at 15:58. Reason: added quote
Old 11th August 2013, 18:08   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Just wondering what are the Prices for this watch in HMT stores in B,lore. I paid 1200 rs.
Generally, you get a 15% discount at the HMT showroom here in Bangalore. I cannot comment on Pilot in particular, but it was applicable for NDSL/ADSL models when I went to check.

I had been to the HMT office showroom at Mekhri circle here some time back to buy a Pilot. The last one remaining was not finished properly (dial was smudged a bit, scratches on the dial etc) & I did not feel like buying it. This is probably an important point about HMT watches (at least for my experience) which we should be cautious of when we buy HMT watches.

PS: The showroom people very courteous and in fact gave me a call when the next batch came in. However, I could not go again. May be I will some time soon and pick up an ADSL, Pilot & Janata (with red needle) if available.

BTW, there is a 25% off (additional discount using promocode TIME) on Snapdeal, just for today. I picked up this Titan Octane watch today morning at 40% off + additional 25% on top of it (MRP: 2995rs, final price: 1350rs) as part of this deal:

Last edited by null : 11th August 2013 at 18:22. Reason: edit: adding details of snapdeal offer today
Old 11th August 2013, 18:30   #2023
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Generally, you get a 15% discount at the HMT showroom here in Bangalore. I cannot comment on Pilot in particular, but it was applicable for NDSL/ADSL models when I went to check.
Thanks . I finally Ordered One Janta and One Pilot there and got a 15 % discount on over all order. Total Damage 1800 Rs.

Will keep you advice wrt to finishing . I would expect Flip kart to at least send me a properly finished products else i would be more than happy in testing their 30 days return policy . Although off late, my experience with them is pretty bad .
Old 11th August 2013, 19:58   #2024
BHPian

I own a Giordano watch, it was gifted by my previous company as a Diwali gift
Here is the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-20130811_190155small.jpg  

Old 11th August 2013, 23:40   #2025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Picked this up yesterday

The classic.. Tag Heuer Formula 1 Black
Congrats, I'm also shopping for one , did you get any discount ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks