Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2013, 07:04   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Added one more hegde and golay to my collection.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131002_070425.png
Views: 3074
Size:  818.9 KB
Old 4th October 2013, 17:29   #2087
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Let me declare I'm a total noob when it comes to fine watches (why, even watches). But I like them nevertheless and have a few decent watches (nothing premium) and from a very early phase in my life, couple of nice replicas (but no more).

I'd appreciate some suggestion on a Tissot watch, called Tissot T Classic and it's model number is T063.610.16.052.00. It looks like this, below. I like its simplicity and elegant looks (but would have preferred a day along with the date).

Is it any good? And is it worth getting (I won't be buying it but have earned it as a reward from the business I've given to Amex on a personal card).

Which watch do you own?-131842492701281400.jpg

Also, I see a lot of HMT watches being bought and displayed passionately. Can I understand what makes them special?
Old 4th October 2013, 18:13   #2088
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Let me declare I'm a total noob when it comes to fine watches (why, even watches). But I like them nevertheless and have a few decent watches (nothing premium) and from a very early phase in my life, couple of nice replicas (but no more).
I'd appreciate some suggestion on a Tissot watch, called Tissot T Classic and it's model number is T063.610.16.052.00. It looks like this, below. I like its simplicity and elegant looks (but would have preferred a day along with the date).
Go for it; very elegant looking watch indeed!
Tissot is a good brand, it’s like an entry point to the world of luxury Swiss watches. It comes under Swatch Group, who have brands like Longines, Rado, Omega, Blancpain etc. in their portfolio.
Old 5th October 2013, 02:30   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Go for it; very elegant looking watch indeed!
Tissot is a good brand, it’s like an entry point to the world of luxury Swiss watches. It comes under Swatch Group, who have brands like Longines, Rado, Omega, Blancpain etc. in their portfolio.
Thanks VB San. Time to order it then. I am aware of the Swatch group and that Tissot is one of their older brands (through www reading, of course). Just wanted to check with the folks who're aware, if this was a particularly good model.

Also, I liked the Timex T2M428 model member 'null' bad bought and posted 2 months prior, so I wen't ahead and ordered that. Vibrant and nice looking and functional with day and date +24hrs dials, rather than chrono I rarely see anyone understand or use (and I've never used that on my Fossil).

Btw, Snapdeal is running a 30% off offer on watches above 1999 (and the discount isn't applicable only on Casio watches). It's what tempted me to buy the above Timex model.

Last edited by k_ajay : 5th October 2013 at 02:32.
Old 5th October 2013, 14:48   #2090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

Is it any good? And is it worth getting (I won't be buying it but have earned it as a reward from the business I've given to Amex on a personal card).
This is a Quartz watch, I personally like mechanical watches, like this

http://us.tissotshop.com/men/men-cla...tic-watch.html

I have similar to this (bought over 10 years ago)
http://us.tissotshop.com/men/men-cla...watch-983.html
Old 5th October 2013, 16:00   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Got this few days back.

Which watch do you own?-img_0685.jpg

Which watch do you own?-img_0686.jpg
Old 5th October 2013, 16:51   #2092
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Got this few days back.
Good one! Is that from their Heritage collection? Can you please give the model number?
Old 5th October 2013, 17:18   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good one! Is that from their Heritage collection? Can you please give the model number?
Model no is T41.1.423.33 - http://www.tissot.ch/?collections/pr...C/T41.1.423.33
Old 7th October 2013, 12:30   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_limit View Post
Unlike almost all ETA, Vostok, Orient movements where the rotors wind bi-directional, the Miyota rotor winds the main spring unidirectional. If the rotor goes in the non-winding direction, it rotates almost without resistance and makes relatively high RPM. though this sound differs significantly from the noise of the rotor, when it winds the movement.
The problem you are facing is not a defect of Miyota, it is just the way it is designed. Your movement should become a bit quiter with 3-4 months of use.
However just double check with Titan if they checked the bearing and rotar for any worn out signs and did they change the rotar and/or bearing ?
Hi,
How is reliability of Orient Automatic watches? Are their movements actually Japanese Made? Where to service in Mumbai-Thane area?

Also, thinking of buying a good (But cheaper) automatic watch for daily use. Preferably with display case back. Budget is near about 5K.

HMT ADSL 04 is one nice watch but not sure where to get it from.
Seiko 5 series are almost Out of stock on majority of online sites.
So thinking about Orient watches now.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance
Old 7th October 2013, 13:25   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
If I can suggest, first option will be the HMT office/showroom in Mekhri Circle, Bangalore. If you have someone who can buy it for you in Bangalore, there is nothing like it. I guess there should be similar HMT official showroom in Mumbai too. Check their official website http://www.hmtwatches.in

Alternatively, I had come across this site, http://www.hmtwatchesonline.com/ , on WUS forum sometime back. I have not bought anything from here and hence cannot vouch for their reliability or support. You may want to try after reading up on WUS forum.
Old 7th October 2013, 16:55   #2096
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,
How is reliability of Orient Automatic watches? Are their movements actually Japanese Made? Where to service in Mumbai-Thane area?

Also, thinking of buying a good (But cheaper) automatic watch for daily use. Preferably with display case back. Budget is near about 5K.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance
The hmt shop in world trade center in cuffe parade is still around. Went there recently to get my pilot fixed.
Old 8th October 2013, 13:29   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Please advice.

Thanks in advance
I am afraid but I have no knowledge or first hand experience of Orient watches, so would not be able to help you out with your query regarding them.

Moreover words good,cheap/er and automatic doesn't go well in a same sentence and in that price range Seiko 5 Automatic range would have been your oblivious choice. However since you can not get hold of it try searching for a hamilton.

May be you can even look at the used market where you can find some decent watches in your price range, but when you are buying used be very careful of where and from whom you are buying it from. Always, always go for a watch with proper paper work.

However my personal recommendation will be, if you are seriously thinking of buying an automatic then it always goes a long way to save that little bit more and go for a watch which is well constructed and which you will enjoy wearing every day.

All the very best in your search for that special time piece and wear it in good health.
Old 8th October 2013, 14:18   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_limit View Post
I am afraid but I have no knowledge or first hand experience of Orient watches, so would not be able to help you out with your query regarding them.

Moreover words good,cheap/er and automatic doesn't go well in a same sentence and in that price range Seiko 5 Automatic range would have been your oblivious choice. However since you can not get hold of it try searching for a hamilton.

May be you can even look at the used market where you can find some decent watches in your price range, but when you are buying used be very careful of where and from whom you are buying it from. Always, always go for a watch with proper paper work.

However my personal recommendation will be, if you are seriously thinking of buying an automatic then it always goes a long way to save that little bit more and go for a watch which is well constructed and which you will enjoy wearing every day.

All the very best in your search for that special time piece and wear it in good health.
Thanks a lot for good wishes & suggestion.

Hamiltons are obviously out of my budget.. There are few automatics in Titan & Timex, but did not read any good reviews on them. Also there are few posts on WUS forum mentioning Titan using chienese movements instead of Miyota. Again that could be false. But I needed display case back, which IMO Titan & current HMT range didnt have.

So currently on the look out for Seiko 5 or Orient Automatics as both uses inhouse japanese movements as per online searches so far. (Orient is also subsidy of Seiko watches).

Thanks & Drive safe.
Old 8th October 2013, 18:16   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Got a Tommy Hilfiger about 6 months back

Model: TH 119.1.14.1182

Which watch do you own?-img2013100800213.jpg
Old 12th October 2013, 10:21   #2100
Senior - BHPian

How trustworthy are Ghadiwala.com? Anyone with buying experience with them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks