Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2013, 19:01   #1951
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

I have a Citizen Eco-drive (bought in 2000) with A119 solar charge module. It has been lying in the cupboard for the last few years and I took it out recently. It is charging alright, but only to run for 8..10hr. I charged it in full sun for two days over a weekend, even then it is running out of juice within 8..10hr. May be time to change the A119 module. Can it be done in India/Hyd? What is the approximate cost? Any thoughts/experience from members here?

Note from Support - Post corrected from Casio to Citizen as requested.

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th April 2013 at 15:18.
Old 23rd April 2013, 20:19   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
I have a Casio Eco-drive (bought in 2000) with A119 solar charge module. It has been lying in the cupboard for the last few years and I took it out recently. It is charging alright, but only to run for 8..10hr. I charged it in full sun for two days over a weekend, even then it is running out of juice within 8..10hr. May be time to change the A119 module. Can it be done in India/Hyd? What is the approximate cost? Any thoughts/experience from members here?
Do you mean Casio Tough Solar? I do not know about the charge module, but if it is tough solar, it has a rechargeable battery. Since these watches are now sold in India, the battery should be replaceable. Even otherwise you should be able to get a battery from abroad and replacing should not be a tough task. Find out what battery is used in your specific model. I have a tough solar which uses CTL1616 rechargeable battery.

Since you are in Hyderabad, approach Ashoka Time Tronics opposite Jaya International hotel in Abids. They are the authorized Casio service guys. I've been using their services for more than two decades for different Casio products I have.

Hope that helps.
Old 23rd April 2013, 20:34   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Casio Eco-drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Do you mean Casio Tough Solar?
My bad, apologies. Please read it as "I have a Citizen Eco drive watch with A119 module.
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:07   #1954
BHPian

My titan automatic (bought in Jan - had posted its pictures here earlier) gave up on me. It had stopped due to non-usage and I tried winding it (like how I had done a few times earlier) and looks like the spring is broken.

Where do I go for Titan service (under warranty) in Bangalore? Will any Titan showroom do?

Also, any specific guidelines / points to be noted to ensure they don't screw it up further or mess around with it's parts? [I am concerned because they had scratched my friend's watch earlier when taken for service].

Pl. advise.
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:16   #1955
Senior - BHPian

Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day / Date - 2006
Omega Constellation Day Date - 1961
Seiko Kinetic - Day Date 1997
Raymond Weil Parficial 1996
Old 23rd April 2013, 21:41   #1956
Distinguished - BHPian

Got myself another nice watch last week:

MeisterSinger Neo 1z, see http://meistersinger.net/Product_Lin...submodel=NE901

Automatic watch, with only one hand! takes a bit of getting used to!

Jeroen
Old 24th April 2013, 01:50   #1957
BHPian

Hi everyone!
I don't have much idea on automatic watches, except that I am very fascinated by its working. I have been looking at a HMT ADSL 04 automatic and it looks really good.. Is this worth a buy? I am getting it in ebay. Please help!
Old 24th April 2013, 08:14   #1958
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Got myself another nice watch last week:

MeisterSinger Neo 1z, see http://meistersinger.net/Product_Lin...submodel=NE901

Automatic watch, with only one hand! takes a bit of getting used to!

Jeroen
Nice looking watch there. I had almost pulled a trigger on Jorge Schauer Einzeiger. Very unique and adds variety to one's collection. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan View Post
Hi everyone!
I don't have much idea on automatic watches, except that I am very fascinated by its working. I have been looking at a HMT ADSL 04 automatic and it looks really good.. Is this worth a buy? I am getting it in ebay. Please help!
You can safely go ahead with HMT ADSLs. Very nice automatics for the price. I would buy an HMT directly from the store than online.

Last edited by JVH : 24th April 2013 at 08:17.
Old 24th April 2013, 08:41   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Patek Philippe Calatrava White Gold L.E
Cartier Roadster
Rolex Day Date
Old 24th April 2013, 10:42   #1960
BHPian

@JVH
Thanks! I too wanted to see and touch the watch before buying but I am presently based in Durgapur where there are no showrooms. Also the showroom in my native(Guwahati) does not have a good collection. So I will start bidding I guess! Fingers crossed!
Old 24th April 2013, 12:03   #1961

Hello all,

I've about 4 watches from the vintage era. These include a couple of favre leuba, a seiko 5 and a enicar.
The movements from all these automatics are in excellent condition and do not need a service. But their respective dials have either been worn out or have fungi infections inside. A couple of them need a newer glass too.
Any vintage watch restorers in Bangalore who'd be able to bring these timeless machines to pristine condition?
Appreciate your help on this.

PS: Already checked with Laxmi watch store in unity building, but he wasn't of much help.
Old 24th April 2013, 12:17   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
My bad, apologies. Please read it as "I have a Citizen Eco drive watch with A119 module.
For Citizen, try Time Machine in Banjara Hills. Kamal watch store in Abids may also help.
Old 26th April 2013, 09:34   #1963
Senior - BHPian

Came across this astonishing Hublot Ferrari MP-05 watch while browsing the net, dont have any other details though!
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-db21b33dcovermp05.jpg  

Old 27th April 2013, 00:45   #1964
PPS
Senior - BHPian

^^Here's another pic of the same i came across.

Which watch do you own?-hubfer.jpg
Old 27th April 2013, 02:26   #1965
BHPian

Which watch do you own?-hublotlaferrariwatchxl.jpg

Hublot Masterpiece MP-05 LaFerrari Watch

Quote:
Finding the perfect accessory to compliment your Ferrari LaFerrari was a difficult task — until now. Developed alongside the Ferrari teams and in parallel with the car, the Hublot Masterpiece MP-05 LaFerrari Watch ($TBA) is a feat of engineering worthy of the venerable race car company's flagship. It's main claim to fame is a 50-day power reserve — a world record for a hand-wound Tourbillon wristwatch, and made possible by a custom movement designed, developed, and produced in-house. It also features the most watchmaking components of any Hublot watch, including a complex shaped sapphire crystal based on the car's outline, an open case back, a black PVD titanium case, anodized black aluminum cylinders with SuperLuminova markings for the hours, minutes, seconds, and power reserve indicators, and reinforcing bars on either side of the cylinders that serve as subtle nods to Ferrari's signature red color. The watch arrives in a leather and carbon fiber presentation case, and is limited to just 50 examples, which means only 1 in 10 LaFerrari owners will get to enjoy owning both.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks