Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2013, 23:35   #1861
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Folks,

A friend of mine gifted me the HMT Rajat U Automatic, and I just cant stop myself from admiring the watch.

Which watch do you own?-hmt_rajat_u.jpg

However, I have no clue on the speciality of the 'U' model and would appreciate Your inputs on the time of origin.

Thanks.
Old 15th February 2013, 08:35   #1862
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
WOW !! Checked him out. Loved how he has put up photographs of the entire watchmaking process. Beautiful time pieces indeed. Loved the edition 9 full calendar watch with the black dial as well as the white dial edition 10 watch.
He is indeed a passionate watch maker in the literal sense. The results of which you have already seen.
It was the Kulisse 9 edition I was interested in. He responded back apologizing saying there are no plans for any JS watches this year.

Quote:

Why has he stopped taking orders? Is it temporary? I hope so. Would love to own one custom hand built watch someday. The website does say they are shipping all over the world.
Because he has backlog from last year. If we order now, he cannot promise the delivery until next year. He doesn't want to give false expectations and wrong delivery estimates. I have requested him to keep me in the loop for any new orders. I'll write here if there is any such development.

Quote:

BTW, as I become familiar with the German watchmakers, I feel Swiss watches seem more flamboyant and show-offy in comparison to the German designs. Yes they are represented by the rich and famous and are objects of desire for many, but Im kinda shifting towards German designs. Truly elegant. And you wouldn't look out of place wearing a Stowa at a party, or a meeting or a clinic. It would just blend in.
The Swiss watches indeed are flamboyant. As you know the origin of Swiss watches is from the french part of Switzerland and the french have always been towards the classy side. The culture reflects in the watches too. German watches are more like instrumental tools (majority) with solid build quality. BTW, they also have huge collection in dress watches as well. Check out Glashutte Original, Nomos Glashutte and the prestigious A Lange and Sohne. Some other brands I like are Sinn and Laco. BTW, if you want a German like Swiss watch, check out IWC Schaffhausen. They are from the German part of Switzerland.

Quote:

About the premium, as the years pass, it just seems to increase. How are the prices around the world? Is it all the same inflated rates, or only our country that suffers from such over the top pricing?
Its the same throughout the world. Surprisingly I have seen the cheapest prices here in India itself. Price increase is normal, its typically 5-10% every year for most brands.

Quote:
This seems unique though, the One Hand edition.
Yes its the Einzeiger (single pointer/hand). Truly unique, so is this one - the kleine (small/little) schauer. Pic off the web.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-kleine-schauer.jpg  

Old 16th February 2013, 00:09   #1863
ACS
BHPian

I own Citizen's Skyhawk JY0010-50E. Its a chronograph made up of Titanium.
Also it doesn't require a battery(Eco drive). It is radio controlled even though this facility is not available in India. Its too light weight that no one can imagine.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_3475.jpg  

Old 16th February 2013, 09:21   #1864
Distinguished - BHPian

My obsession with automatics continues...
Which watch do you own?-watch.jpg

...and a Skagen that the wife fell in love with.
Which watch do you own?-dsc03880.jpg
Old 20th February 2013, 10:11   #1865
ACS
BHPian

[quote=SS-Traveller;3042781]My obsession with automatics continues...
SST, I am also an avid fan of automatics especially chronographs. Which piece has been doing an amazing job for you? I meant the endurance. Please advice.
Old 20th February 2013, 11:42   #1866
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
My obsession with automatics continues...
Which piece has been doing an amazing job for you? I meant the endurance. Please advice.
My automatic watches now total 6, including a Rolex, an Omega, a Tissot, an HMT, and 2 Titans.

I like them all, and all work very well. The usual time before they run down is 24-36 hours of not wearing them, if that's what you want to know when you mention 'endurance'. The Tissot has a counter to measure the hours it can run, and the max it says is 40 hours.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 20th February 2013 at 11:43.
Old 20th February 2013, 11:54   #1867
ACS
BHPian

Quote:
My automatic watches now total 6, including a Rolex, an Omega, a Tissot, an HMT, and 2 Titans.

I like them all, and all work very well. The usual time before they run down is 24-36 hours of not wearing them, if that's what you want to know when you mention 'endurance'. The Tissot has a counter to measure the hours it can run, and the max it says is 40 hours.
That is a fantastic collection.
So it looks like all are either temperature/shake sensitive. Why don't you try something like Ecodrive(light powered) by Citizen. I own a Skyhawk JY0010-50E which is of a similar kind. Believe me it would be a nice addition to your collection.

Cheers!
Old 20th February 2013, 12:14   #1868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS View Post
Why don't you try something like Ecodrive(light powered) by Citizen.
Already have 2 Citizen EcoDrives and a Titan HTSE. At this rate I'll end up listing ALL my watches soon!
Old 20th February 2013, 12:23   #1869
ACS
BHPian

Quote:
Already have 2 Citizen EcoDrives and a Titan HTSE. At this rate I'll end up listing ALL my watches soon!
You could have mentioned those in your majestic line of collection. Anyway you got a nice collection and keep it up.
I am thinking to widen my gathering(considering Swatch and Omega). I will keep you posted and get your advice.

Cheers!!
Old 21st February 2013, 09:24   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller
I am also crazy about automatic watches . I recently got the fossil ME 1099 rose gold series. I am waiting to get the adsl/nasl hmt watches .
Old 21st February 2013, 14:44   #1871
BHPian

Got myself an HMT Pilot. It's a mechanical watch and I can't remember to wind it everyday. Need to get it serviced. My daily driver has been a G-Shock for the last couple of months. Easy to use to run, swim, and does the job at work
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20130221_143725.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-473106_10151411378785775_1839666594_o.jpg  

Last edited by djpeesh : 21st February 2013 at 14:47. Reason: resizing picture
Old 25th February 2013, 16:03   #1872
BHPian

A very impulse buy a few days ago.

Actually I was looking for a particular Pen at Mont Blanc Boutique in Germany ( or a writing instrument as Mont Blanc would have liked me to say) when the store manager showed this watch to me.

Liked the clean dial and classic feel of the watch and got down to discussing the price and ultimately ended up buying this watch.

What clinched the deal for me was:
1) The classic clean lines of the watch and the fact that it is not a collector's watch but is an easy watch to wear daily.
2) A departure from the run of mill brands like Rolex, Breitling to a brand which has proven its credentials by making watches like Nicolas Rieussec line of time pieces.
3) A yellow gold case and buckle with brown alligator strap combination.
4) And the most importantly the price I got it for.

I will let the pictures do the talking now.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-1.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-2.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-3.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-4.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-5.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-6.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-7.jpg  

Old 25th February 2013, 20:41   #1873

Currently my humble collection,
Vintage Tissot Seastar AutomaticWhich watch do you own?-img_0263-640x480.jpg

Which watch do you own?-img_0264-640x480.jpg Seiko Series 5 sports Automatic

Casio G shockWhich watch do you own?-img_0265-640x480.jpg

Which watch do you own?-img_0266-640x480.jpg Fossil chronograph quartz

HMT Pilot Which watch do you own?-img_0267-640x480.jpg
Old 26th February 2013, 08:39   #1874
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_limit View Post
A very impulse buy a few days ago.

-------------

I will let the pictures do the talking now.

Beautiful addition to your already envious collection! I simply love the Nicolas Rieussec and the GMT/Star chronographs in their line up. Didn't the manager show them? A lot of watch for the money. Great choice!

Am eagerly waiting for my Stowa :-) Hopefully it will be on my wrist this weekend.
Old 27th February 2013, 08:52   #1875
BHPian

SMART WATCHES

I know there are quite a few watches out in the market now, ranging anywhere from the $100 to $1000s that provide Smart features.

A few off the top of my head are -
1. I'm Watch
2. COOKOO
3. G-SHOCK BA6900
4. SONY has a watch
5. Pebble
so on and so forth....

Some are compatible only with iOS and some (like the SONY) only with droid.

What are your experiences with the above watches, or any other Smart Watch.

Are there any Smart Watched for BB OS and Windows Phones???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks