Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 12:29   #12736
KPR
BANNED

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Actually good for India Paine chatted so much and didn't reciprocate with his game, dropped 3 catches so far
He's stopped after that drop . Meanwhile partnership 50 off 247 balls. Hazlewood, Starc spewing venom through their balls.

Last edited by KPR : 11th January 2021 at 12:32.
Old 11th January 2021, 12:32   #12737
Senior - BHPian

3 overs left and I am breathing normal now. What a morning this has been. Talk about Grit, determination, strength or whatever adjectives - our folks demonstrated this in full.

Rahane is yet to lose a test match as a captain. The statistics show that the last time India had played 100plus overs in the fourth innings was1980.

Glad we pulled out a draw. (If I can say so, 15 more balls left)

Edit:

Shaking hands. It’s a draw indeed. Well
Done Team India.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 11th January 2021 at 12:41.
Old 11th January 2021, 12:41   #12738
BHPian

So India draw the match. A phenomenal draw. One for the ages. Kudos.

I hope our injured players' list doesn't grow any more.
Old 11th January 2021, 12:43   #12739
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been waiting for such a fighting drawn test by India, can't remember when this happened last. Kudos to the team, I think this is historic and a huge win mentally against the Aussies
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:43   #12740
BHPian

Unreal from India. One of those to savour for years to come. What resilience and attitude. Vihari and Aswin, two unexpected saviours, with the bat.
Vin76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:44   #12741
Senior - BHPian

I am pissed. Cos if Jadeja and Vihari were fully fit we would have won this and created history.

I am happy. Cos not even in our wild dreams we would have thought of playing 130+ overs in the 4th innings of a test match in Australia to save a match with series on the line. Absolutely brilliant.

Gill and Rohit gave the platform.
Pant played an amazing innings.
Pujara played a Pujara.
Vihari and Ashwin should take a bow for the outstanding defenseive game.

This has to be our best effort for a draw ever outside Asia.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:50   #12742
BHPian

Disappointed with Smith. For all his remorse at the last cheating scandal and he was at his tricks again today? Removing Pant's batting guard mark!

Really really disappointing. He should be permanently stripped from the lists of all time greats. Honour is non-negotiable.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:52   #12743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
India have to now bat atleast 4 sessions and they've to bat out of their skins to draw this.
And bat they did!!! What an amazing performace. Kudos to India. They now have the record for most overs batted out by Asian teams in 4th innings in draws in Australia.
The grit, the resolve, the defiance all packed in the innings and what better day to do it than the Legend Rahul Dravid's Birthday.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 12:56   #12744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Disappointed with Smith. For all his remorse at the last cheating scandal and he was at his tricks again today? Removing Pant's batting guard mark!

Really really disappointing. He should be permanently stripped from the lists of all time greats. Honour is non-negotiable.
Add Tim Paine and Wade to it. Although not even close to the achievements of Smith, their behaviour will harm Australian Cricket more than the game itself. Paine does not deserve a place in the team. Neither he is a good batsman nor a good keeper. His captaincy too will come under scanner after today's result. Josh Hazelwood or Labuschagne makes a good case for captaincy as at least they have their places in the team justified.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th January 2021 at 16:03. Reason: typos
Old 11th January 2021, 12:57   #12745
Senior - BHPian

Oh wow ! I didn’t know Smith resorted to these tactics. I read your post and then, caught up with that video that I found on Twitter. Such cheap tactics.
Old 11th January 2021, 13:00   #12746
Senior - BHPian

This is nothing less than a win. Pant has cemented his place now with that batting performance. Even if he has to sit out for injury, selectors will not consider anyone else to replace Saha. Aswin and Vihari showed what test cricket is all about. It has been a long time since I watched a test with such tension. Had Rohit or Pant stayed on for a few more overs, we would have won this.

And Smith, time and again he will display why life is not only about skills and there is something called class which will always be alien to him.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 11th January 2021 at 13:12.
padmrajravi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 13:09   #12747
Senior - BHPian

Shameful of Smith to resorting to cheap tactics again. Hope he is reprimanded. Paine sure learnt his lesson. When India won the series last time, everyone kept saying it was against B-grade Aussie team as Smith and likes were missing. Now its been 2 Tests already with half of Indian squad being injured and Aussies still struggle to defeat them. Take a bow Ashwin & Vihari for the valiant effort of defending 43 overs

P.S: I had a feeling Ashwin would go for a half century in the last over. But Paine denied him that by calling it off.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 13:13   #12748
BHPian

What was this Smith tampering with Pant’s batting guard stuff about?

I saw Paine chatting stuff at Ashwin. I think a lot of the Aussie players are sore losers with no morals. They expect everything to go their way and if at some point things don’t go their way, they resort to throwing their toys out of the pram and show their true colors.

Usually I’m not a fan of Sanjay Manjrekar’s commentary but I thought he was correct in calling out Tim Paine. Don’t talk unless you walk the talk.

Edit- just saw Smith’s scrapgate. Such a silly thing to do. They didn’t give him sandpaper, so he resorted to using his studs.

Edit 2- I’m genuinely happy for Vihari. I truly wish he gets another crack at the test squad.

Last edited by pandey.jai : 11th January 2021 at 13:34. Reason: Edited to add info
Old 11th January 2021, 13:15   #12749
KPR
BANNED

For Brisbane almost certain that Natarajan will get a game. Pant if fit will get a game. So it will be between Shaw or Saha or Kuldeep.
Old 11th January 2021, 13:24   #12750
Senior - BHPian

For Brisbane, anyone who’s fit will find themselves in the team.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th January 2021 at 16:04. Reason: Please use emoticons provided in forum text editor. Thanks.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks