Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 10:46   #241
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Thanks for the advice. Does Memory Foam lose shape after some years?

Also, I am worried with the feedback on PEPS on their FB page with springs sagging etc, any experience?
Good question. To be honest, I don't know. But basis my interaction with TEMPUR showroom, their mattresses are designed to last for long may be a decade (my gut feeling). You heard right about the springs sagging. I have a PEPS spring mattress with a layer of memory foam which is now slowly starting to lose shape and I can see that its the springs that have begun to show their weakness. Its 5 years old and could be there for 2 more years. If INR 2L is comfortable for you, then go for TEMPUR.
5 years back in one interior design boutique store, I had seen a king size mattress made of 100% memory foam and that time their price was around INR 80K. I am sure if you drop into few such design boutiques, you will get to see a wider range of memory foam mattresses and that too cheaper than TEMPUR.

Last edited by Accent Martin : 14th July 2015 at 10:52. Reason: added few more details
Old 14th July 2015, 16:35   #242
Senior - BHPian

I would say yes, this based on my experience of having used Tempur pillows over the last 5 odd years.

Memory foam or Visco foam sleeps hot. While this is a welcome feature in colder climates in our home conditions unless temperature is maintained around 20-22 degree C one may not be able to sleep comfortably.

Latex is the best material for our weather to sleep on. Pure latex mattresses are hard to come by and are very expensive. Combination of Latex at the top with either bonnell or Pocket springs are made by a lot of companies and these are again far superior to the latex & coir combination. I am using a 7" Snoozer 'beauty sleep' mattress that has latex on top of pocket springs and in two years of usage there is no sag. It offers firm support and has just the right amount of cushioning. Spring air too has good products to offer. At this time Snoozer has a free trial offer going on but it seems they changed their product line as the web site does not show the 7" mattress anymore in the beauty sleep range.
https://snoozer.in/free-trial-request/

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Thanks for the advice. Does Memory Foam lose shape after some years? Also, are there health issues?
http://misfitchick.hubpages.com/hub/...-Ones-are-Best

Also, I am worried with the feedback on PEPS on their FB page with springs sagging etc, any experience?
Old 14th July 2015, 18:51   #243
BHPian

Hey fellas!

I'm a complete and utter n00b when it comes to mattresses.

We are redoing the bed in our master bedroom, and would like to know what type of mattress makes sense.

So far, we've been using the usual coir mattress. No complaints so far, but we would like a lot more comfort from it.

Any idea what type of mattresses they use in those 5-star hotels? Those really thick and fat ones that feel like heaven when you lie on them?

Pardon my lack of knowledge in this matter. We've never really bothered about mattresses so far. But since we are getting a new bed, we'd like to get a really comfy mattress this time.

Bed size would be the regular queen size I guess. Budget, again, I've no clue what to expect. Is 20-25K reasonable for an excellent mattress?
Old 3rd September 2015, 00:48   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Any idea what type of mattresses they use in those 5-star hotels? Those really thick and fat ones that feel like heaven when you lie on them? Is 20-25K reasonable for an excellent mattress?

I have two words for you my friend : pocketed springs. You need a thick mattress with a thick layer of memory foam. Check out the Peps Grans Palais range. Be prepared to spend a little more than you've planned. It's totally worth it.
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:29   #245
Senior - BHPian

Most 5 Star Hotels get theirs from Sealy. They make the best mattresses, but very very pricey. Peps is okay, but not the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
I have two words for you my friend : pocketed springs. You need a thick mattress with a thick layer of memory foam. Check out the Peps Grans Palais range. Be prepared to spend a little more than you've planned. It's totally worth it.
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:45   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Most 5 Star Hotels get theirs from Sealy. They make the best mattresses, but very very pricey. Peps is okay, but not the best.
Completely agree, Peps was the closest to the price point he mentioned.

If you're willing to go into the Sealy price bracket - Tempurpedic, Astrabeds and Serta also deserve a mention. I took the plunge with Serta and never looked back.
Old 26th September 2015, 20:56   #247
BHPian

Anybody has got feedback on "Centuary - Ortho Spine Coir Mattress". I don't want a spring mattress. I am looking for something with coir and foam, and this looks like a reasonable one.

For king-size (72"x78") the shops are quoting close to Rs 19k. Please let me know if you have some other suggestions in this range.

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th October 2015, 23:10   #248
Senior - BHPian

Is there a latex mattress with pocketed springs?

The more I read on this thread, the more I am worried on what I am sleeping on every night ! Never bothered so much when I went and got a mattress for 4 feet x 6 feet dimensions. Frankly I spent about 12k for the mattress and, at the time of buying, my thoughts were like -
* Hmmmm, I am spending a good amount on this, I think this should be a very good mattress *
Old 5th October 2015, 13:28   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The more I read on this thread, the more I am worried on what I am sleeping on every night ! Never bothered so much when I went and got a mattress for 4 feet x 6 feet dimensions.
Me too!! I thought Sleepwell used to make the best mattresses available to a mortal.

I've been using the same set of mattresses for the last 6 years that somebody got for me. Though I love the ones that we get in hotels but the only downside is that if I move even an inch, my wife would get disturbed. Not to mention anything that's put on the mattress is going to spill over as well.

I as a true Indian ensure that my dinner is on the unofficial dining table of the house, our bed! So you know how important it is for me to get a "stable" mattress that can handle our dinners.

While I don't really feel the need to buy a new mattress, I'm very much interested to know that is my sleep going to get better if I take a plunge and spend 20-30k on two set of mattresses?
Old 5th October 2015, 23:04   #250
Senior - BHPian

Yes there are I have one each from Snoozer & Springwell

Quote:
Is there a latex mattress with pocketed springs? .....

Whether one or two, do make sure you take a good look at Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Me too!! I thought Sleepwell used to make the best mattresses available to a mortal.

While I don't really feel the need to buy a new mattress, I'm very much interested to know that is my sleep going to get better if I take a plunge and spend 20-30k on two set of mattresses?
Old 6th October 2015, 14:25   #251
Senior - BHPian

Have ordered for urban Ladder - Comfort cloud mattress.

It has a latex foam top, with pocket springs and has PU foam at the bottom. Will cost me 34K when delivered. I still am on the lookout for better mattresses at this price range, and will cancel my order if I find a better one at a similar price.

Thanks for the suggestion Khoj, but Snoozer range of mattresses just reminded me, that I am not very affluent

Was looking at MM Foam very keenly, but could not find a Latex top and pocket spring equivalent from their range...

Last edited by aravind.anand : 6th October 2015 at 14:27.
Old 6th October 2015, 15:42   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Though I love the ones that we get in hotels but the only downside is that if I move even an inch, my wife would get disturbed. Not to mention anything that's put on the mattress is going to spill over as well.
This is because the spring mattresses in hotels are bonelli springs. If you go for a pocket spring mattress, then you don't get this issue of whole mattress moving as one.

I have bought a pocket spring mattress, and frankly prefer the home mattress than many mid range hotels. It is that comfortable. I bought it from Paytm using their cash back offers.
Old 7th October 2015, 01:45   #253
Senior - BHPian

I don't know what size mattress you are considering but Snoozer is cheaper than MM's latex mattress and the one I bought 36" x 75" x 7" cost me approx. 20K. The double was slightly under 40K delivered. This model 'beauty sleep' has pocket springs with latex on top. You might be confusing it with Sealy, Springair, Serta etc

Quote:
Have ordered for urban Ladder - Comfort cloud mattress.

It has a latex foam top, with pocket springs and has PU foam at the bottom. Will cost me 34K when delivered. I still am on the lookout for better mattresses at this price range, and will cancel my order if I find a better one at a similar price.

Thanks for the suggestion Khoj, but Snoozer range of mattresses just reminded me, that I am not very affluent

Was looking at MM Foam very keenly, but could not find a Latex top and pocket spring equivalent from their range...
Old 13th October 2015, 08:44   #254
BHPian

Mod Note : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on this board.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th December 2016 at 07:59. Reason: PM coming up
areddy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th October 2015, 13:38   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
Recently purchased a Latex plus mattress from Sunday.

Looks like a good deal. Am in the market for a replacement but have been using a memory foam mattress since 2006. Wondering if my body will be able to adjust to the firmer latex. This is probably the cheapest latex mattress I've seen but think it is a combo of foam and latex. Need to check some more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks