Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2017, 22:05   #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I was on day 92 since the initial purchase and hence initiated the 'within 100 day return/exchange'. Got the new one and it seems to be a good decision. Need to use for a few more days and see.

That's good to hear. Happy that they honour their 100 day return policy without any fuss. Had read some negative comments online but your experience proves it's not a full out scam and there is some truth to the claims. Do let us know how you feel about the new 8 inch version.

Update on the latex mattress purchase:

We're extremely happy with the mattress and have been getting some quality sleep since we switched to all latex. One unexpected bonus was that our little one (all of three years) has found herself a trampoline in this mattress. So far it looks like I made the right choice. How it fares in the long run, only time will tell.
Old 26th November 2017, 16:32   #407
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Hi, I am planning to replace my existing Latex mattress however I am wondering what to do with you this omd mattress. Will I be able to exchange it? Existing one is around 6 years old and in good shape.
Old 2nd December 2017, 14:57   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthodocX View Post

We're extremely happy with the mattress and have been getting some quality sleep since we switched to all latex. One unexpected bonus was that our little one (all of three years) has found herself a trampoline in this mattress. So far it looks like I made the right choice. How it fares in the long run, only time will tell.
After lot of deliberation we've decided to finally get a new mattress. After going thru the thread feel latex is better than others in chennai. However came across a brand Nature's touch, a canadian company. Did u check it out or anyone has a feedback on this brand. How is this compared to foams India? these guys give a 15 year warranty. 15 years for latex, can it withstand?
Old 2nd December 2017, 15:08   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunanb View Post
After lot of deliberation we've decided to finally get a new mattress. After going thru the thread feel latex is better than others in chennai. However came across a brand Nature's touch, a canadian company. Did u check it out or anyone has a feedback on this brand. How is this compared to foams India? these guys give a 15 year warranty. 15 years for latex, can it withstand?
Hi Varunab,

I'm sorry but i didn't come across "Nature's Touch" during my research. As far as the Foams India mattress is concerned, we're happy - getting comfy sleep and I don't wake up with back pain anymore. To me, that's all I want. I don't think I'd get an "even more peaceful sleep" if I bought x or y brand. So I'm just glad the confusion is over for me. I think the getting rid of the headache of trying to choose a mattress has done more for my sleep than the mattress itself

I don't know if the 15 year warranty is solid - I've never had a latex mattress before. I just hope it holds good. Thad's posts seem to back that up with a first person experience, so I'm putting all my faith eggs in that basket.

Let us know what you decide finally, and wish you luck!!
Old 2nd December 2017, 19:29   #410
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
That's good to hear. Happy that they honour their 100 day return policy without any fuss. Had read some negative comments online but your experience proves it's not a full out scam and there is some truth to the claims. Do let us know how you feel about the new 8 inch version.

I have had great experience with Sunday's mattress and service. I was one of their earliest customers and after 1 year went back to buy a second mattress when my parents needed one. I have seen them since their small office setup in a residential house.

My experience with them has been that they are very transparent - they commit to what they can do and cannot do upfront. This was one of the things that attracted me to the brand.

Considering the Indian market and the mind set, I feel 100 nights trial is prone to misuse and sometimes customers bully the companies to oblige lest they get bad reviews. If the mattress was abused and then the company was forced to accept and refund the customer, then I think the customer is wrong. So, I would take reviews with a pinch of salt - anything overly positive or overly negative might only be one side of the story.

Thanks,
Kiran
Old 3rd December 2017, 09:04   #411

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
I have had great experience with Sunday's mattress and service. I was one of their earliest customers and after 1 year went back to buy a second mattress when my parents needed one. I have seen them since their small office setup in a residential house.
Thank you for contributing to the discussion Kian.

First hand reviews like yours are priceless because they help us folks make up our minds with confidence. It seems a lot of people here have had good experience with Sunday Mattresses. I'll be sure to try them out next time I'm looking around for a mattress.

What you said about online reviews has a lot of truth in it. Mostly people who are happy don't go raving about that online. It's the ones who have suffered that vent their frustrations online, to serve as a warning to unsuspecting future customers. There might be a few people who abuse this facility out of spite and try to arm twist small companies by bullying them with bad reviews. Sometimes it becomes difficult to separate the chaff from the grain. That is when Personal experience like yours comes in to save the day. I'm glad you're happy with Sunday Mattresses and I'm sure a lot of people here will have a little more confidence in trying out their service owing to your input.

Regards,

Amit.

Last edited by ampere : 19th December 2017 at 22:30. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 19th December 2017, 13:34   #412

Hello everyone,

Im in search of a good mattress, after researching so far I think latex is best.. I can see MM foam, foamsindia and Sunday makes 100% natural latex.

But I read some bad reviews about sunday that it gets stain on the bottom due to air moisture from poor design not tested for Indian weather conditions.

Many negative reviews here in quora since they delete the negative reviews in their sunday website..Also in their return section page many customers return it for the same reason.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-tha...hing-but-hyped

Also Is spring mattress with latex topping good? There is a brand called "coir-on " which has a model called oxyplus that has pocketed spring and 2 inch latex topping.

I dont want the mattress to sag, produce heat and want longevity, Could someone kindly share your inputs on which mattress i should go far..budget is not a constraint but i dont want to be fleeced for poor quality.

Quote:
Sunday seems to have only one experience centre in Bangalore, and I didn't want to order a mattress without even having a look at it. The 100 day return policy seemed good on paper, but I didn't want to risk it - there are mixed accounts of them honouring their claim (based on what i read online), seems to range from stellar to horrible. MM foam lost out simply because i didn't find a single recommendation from anyone and they seem to be around 8-10K more expensive as compared to Foams India. So mostly by process of elimination, the winner was Foams India. Went over to their Royapettah office and spoke to the proprietors. Seemed like ok people. Also checked out their experience centre at Phoenix Mall and both the missus and the lil one green-lighted the "pearl" variant. We ended up ordering a 75x72x5 inch Pearl mattress (rated as 80 for firmness - don't ask what unit). Delivery is scheduled after 3 days (Wednesday).
Hi OrthodocX,

I just saw your previous post and you ruled out 3 latex manufacturers exactly like me. How does your the foamsindia mattress feel after a month? does it sag in the middle? Does it heat up even the slightest? do you have back pain?

My cot size is 75 x 72 exactly like yours. Whats the price for 5 inch thickness which you got? In their website they have 6inch thickness for 64k. Do you recommend getting it rather than the spring + latex topping mattress as I mentioned earlier? If I want to try the mattress do i need to go to Phoenix mall or Royapettah?

Please help.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like..... this.....

Last edited by ampere : 19th December 2017 at 22:35. Reason: back to back posts merged; Dotty post
Old 19th December 2017, 16:24   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkarthic View Post
Hi OrthodocX,

I just saw your previous post and you ruled out 3 latex manufacturers exactly like me..how does your the foamsindia mattress feel after a month? does it sag in the middle? Does it heat up even the slightest? do you have back pain?

My cot size is 75 x 72 exactly like yours...whats the price for 5 inch thickness which you got? In their website they have 6inch thickness for 64k..do you recommend getting it rather than the spring + latex topping mattress as i mentioned earlier? If i want to try the mattress do i need to go to phoenix mall or royapettah? pls help...
Hi Karthick.

NO sag whatsoever

NO heating at all

NO back pain

The website is useless. Deal with the Royapettah sales people directly. After some pleasant negotiation, I ended up paying only around 44K for the 75x72x5 inch mattress (we found that 5 inches was more than sufficient for our use). Got 2 latex pillows free with it. Free home delivery and installation on the 2nd floor (Latex mattresses are very very heavy!).

I cannot recommend or denounce the spring+latex combo simply because I haven't tried one - so i have no first hand info about that. All I have is this one (now installed in both rooms) and I'm not looking to change to anything else - I've found my "sweet spot" and I'm sticking to it.

To try out the mattresses, better to visit the Phoenix store. Royapettah outlet is a dump but thats where the original store is, and usually senior staff sits there who can give you a better discount.

Hope this helps.
Old 19th December 2017, 20:29   #414

Quote:
NO sag whatsoever
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately Im located in Theni, close to Madurai. Will give them a call tomorrow and see if they will ship to my location. I will take your word on the 5 inch thickness since a ortho-doc knows best

Should I need to know any info about hardness - "80" as you mentioned? What are all the other hardness levels and how do they feel?

Also does your mattress feel too soft or firm or medium? Bcoz if its too soft then i think we'll get back pain for back sleepers right? Luckily I am a side sleeper so i think soft will be ok for me.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like... this...

Last edited by ampere : 19th December 2017 at 22:33. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 19th December 2017, 22:13   #415

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately Im located in Theni, close to madurai.
Well, 80 (pearl range) feels just right for us. The "ortho" range is 90 hardness if I'm not mistaken, but we felt it was a little too hard for us.

But in the end, it is always a gamble. You will need a few weeks to try out a mattress and either get used to it or decide it isn't for you. My definition of "too soft", "medium" and "hard" maybe very different from yours. That's why the Sunday 100 day return policy makes so much sense.

We just decided to go all out, and got lucky I guess. But if you want absolute surety and safety for your money, maybe try out Sunday mattress?

Last edited by ampere : 19th December 2017 at 22:31. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 20th December 2017, 22:50   #416

Quote:
Well, 80 (pearl range) feels just right for us. The "ortho" range is 90 hardness if I'm not mistaken, but we felt it was a little too hard for us.

But in the end, it is always a gamble. You will need a few weeks to try out a mattress and either get used to it or decide it isn't for you. My definition of "too soft", "medium" and "hard" maybe very different from yours. That's why the Sunday 100 day return policy makes so much sense.

We just decided to go all out, and got lucky I guess. But if you want absolute surety and safety for your money, maybe try out Sunday mattress?
If you see my previous post there i mentioned a link where so many users has negative reviews on Sunday. So im skeptical to try it bcoz at the bottom of mattress many users have reported large stain due to air moisture from poor design. but thanks anyways for your help. If im going foamsindia route May I use your name as reference so that I might get some discount like you?
Old 21st December 2017, 07:55   #417

Quote:
May I use your name as reference so that I might get some discount like you?
Sure Karthick, I'd be more than happy to help.

There's a young chap called Joy Soorya at the Royapettah outlet. He's well spoken and easy to deal with. The other person (senior gentleman) I interacted with was My Jayakumar. The second one is a bit of an acquired taste, but they're both decent people. I'm sure you'll get a good deal.

Lemme know if you need any more help.

Best of luck and happy shopping!
Old 4th January 2018, 17:06   #418
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Even more interesting was the fact that the Ortho 2G 6 inch mattress had changed into a new model called Ortho Plus 3 which was an 8 inch mattress with 2 inch latex, 1 inch Memory Foam and 5 inch foam. Price was Rs 1000 more than the 6 inch Ortho 2G.

Seemed to be exactly what I wanted, a little bit more softer than the one I had, I was on day 92 since the initial purchase and hence initiated the 'within 100 day return/exchange'. Got the new one and it seems to be a good decision. Need to use for a few more days and see.
How is the Ortho Plus 3 with respect to back pain?

I was waking up with back pain everyday on my old coir mattress and hence got the Sunday pure latex one a couple of months back. It offers really great comfort but has not helped me much with my back pain. So I am thinking of getting that replaced with the Ortho Plus 3.
Old 5th January 2018, 13:00   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

I was waking up with back pain everyday on my old coir mattress and hence got the Sunday pure latex one a couple of months back. It offers really great comfort but has not helped me much with my back pain. So I am thinking of getting that replaced with the Ortho Plus 3.
Personally really liking the Ortho Plus 3. With the 2G I would still sometimes wake up with a slight back ache. Nothing like that with the Ortho Plus 3.

On a softness scale, I don't think it is much different from the pure latex one based on my recollection after experiencing the pure latex one in the showroom. So not sure if it will make a difference to your comfort. Unless the 1 inch memory foam the Plus 3 comes with makes a difference.
Old 6th January 2018, 19:38   #420
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

If back pain is because of a bad mattress, then it will be taken care of by changing to a new mattress. If it is because of other things - related to work place, posture, sofa, work outs etc., it is important you address those areas to get the relief that you want. In my experience, if you think a mattress is working great, you should stick to it. You may put your body through unwanted stress by frequently changing mattress. To me it looks like you like the mattress but the back pain might be because of something else. If in doubt, you can still call the Sunday team. They are quite friendly and knowledgeable. You can also call the founder directly. There is an email that you would have received with his contact details. He can suggest the right way forward. When they were in their initial stages and operating out of a small office, he had attended to me personally and I can say that he knows his stuff.

Quote:
Personally really liking the Ortho Plus 3. With the 2G I would still sometimes wake up with a slight back ache. Nothing like that with the Ortho Plus 3.

On a softness scale, I don't think it is much different from the pure latex one based on my recollection after experiencing the pure latex one in the showroom. So not sure if it will make a difference to your comfort. Unless the 1 inch memory foam the Plus 3 comes with makes a difference.
I have both the mattresses - Ortho plus 3G and Latex plus 3G and even have their older 2nd generation mattresses in my home town. I personally feel that the Latex plus mattress is the best. The full latex material creates a sort of “buoyancy” effect that it makes me feel like I am floating in air. Having said that, the other room in my house has the Ortho plus model. It is pretty comfortable too and light years ahead of the other mattresses in the market. In terms of softness, firmness levels, I find the Ortho plus a bit more firmer than the latex plus. I prefer the latex plus because (a) comfort/back support (b) value for money - it costs little more but it lasts much longer too! My parents went for the ortho plus purely because they had it ingrained in their mind that “firmer the better” which is not true always.

Thanks,
Kiran

Last edited by kcz : 6th January 2018 at 19:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks