Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2015, 12:34   #1411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
30 Nov - 9 am
Huge truck has banged into the Belapur flyover coming towards Mumbai.
There was traffic backing up till 1.5 kms at around 9 AM.

A lot of white powder is seen on the road getting into Belapur and road seemed closed. Traffic was allowed on flyover though.
Yes. Spotted it as well on my way to Panvel. Couldnt click as I was riding. At noon the traffic seems a bit less, but the accident has left only one lane below the bridge open. Might result in long queues in evening peak hours.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 18:12   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Work on the proposed flyover at the MTNL Junction, SV Road, Goregaon West has started. I could see the middle section of the road barricaded since the last 3 days and also saw some huge machines (sort of digging machines) today.

This might cause some traffic on the Goregaon East-West flyover. However i don't think it would be like what used to happen as now most of the vehicles are using the new Jogeshwari East-West flyover.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 14th December 2015, 09:28   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Guys there's a huge traffic jam at the beginning of the SEEPZ flyover on JVLR going towards Jogeshwari. I was returning yesterday evening from New Bombay and faced a jam starting right after exiting L&T flyover up to SEEPZ flyover. Today morning while commuting to office I saw a huge build up of traffic on the same spot going towards Jogeshwari. Seems like the authorities have dug up near the entrance of the SEEPZ flyover going towards Jogeshwari. I thought that they might fill it up during Sunday night to avoid traffic on Monday morning. But that's not the case. Avoid this road unless you want to get stuck.

I saw a documentary on TV a couple of years back wherein workers in China worked on a busy road junction which had a small overhead railway bridge. The authorities worked on refitting the bridge overnight and in record time completed it before the morning sun came out. This was done to avoid inconvenience to the public due to traffic woes on that busy junction. When will we learn.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 14th December 2015 at 09:29.
Old 14th December 2015, 20:21   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Seems like the authorities have dug up near the entrance of the SEEPZ flyover going towards Jogeshwari. I thought that they might fill it up during Sunday night to avoid traffic on Monday morning. But that's not the case. Avoid this road unless you want to get stuck.
I too saw the jam today morning. The pit has been filled p now, and traffic was smooth in the evening. However I expect traffic to be slow moving there in a few days due to the shoddy cover up of the digging work.
Old 15th December 2015, 00:31   #1415
Senior - BHPian

Kharghar flyover is left partially resurfaced! What's the logic? Panvel bound section has smooth tar only in the first half followed by the highly grooved under layer. Wheels get trapped there, especially two wheelers. It also causes traffic to suddenly slow down mid way.
Old 21st December 2015, 09:22   #1416
BHPian

The JVLR road at the IIT end is becoming a chronic problem since the last 4-5 days. There's some work going on in the leftmost lanes which are now closed. The traffic crawls from the L&T flyover and spills over on the SEEPZ road too. The cops just stand around and do nothing to manage the traffic. The work too seems to be done at a very slow pace as it's been more than a week and the lanes are still closed.
Old 23rd December 2015, 20:08   #1417
Senior - BHPian

The last couple of weeks have seen huge jams in the evening at the Bandra end of the WEH where the flyover loops around and joins SV road opposite Bandra Masjid. The most annoying part is that after sitting through it there is no reason for the jam to be found once you reach SV Road and traffic movement gets better, especially after the Lucky/Hill Road signal.
Old 23rd December 2015, 22:27   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
The last couple of weeks have seen huge jams in the evening at the Bandra end of the WEH where the flyover loops around and joins SV road opposite Bandra Masjid. The most annoying part is that after sitting through it there is no reason for the jam to be found once you reach SV Road and traffic movement gets better, especially after the Lucky/Hill Road signal.
Not just the loop, even at the Lilavati Hospital exit, traffic was backed up all the way to the exit. And the funny thing was after Lilavati, it was completely clear. No idea what's been going on lately.

The western Express Highway was jammed all the way from just after the Sealink.
Old 31st December 2015, 09:47   #1419
Senior - BHPian

The Kalwa bridge has been closed to heavy goods traffic, and so expect pieups of heavy goods vehicles on the alternate roads. Trucks going to Ahmedabad will clog up Vashi and Airoli routes, as well as Mahape - Shil - Kalyan route.

For the past whole week, traffic at Shil Phata has been a <put some choicest expletives here> and the long weekend with the year end is going to make matters only worse.
Old 2nd January 2016, 20:16   #1420
BHPian

Good news for people going to Bandra terminus from Western Express highway. The flyover from Bandra station (east) to Bandra terminus has been made open to public. A huge relief for travelers as the area always remains congested with hoards of people, sharing rickshaws, & buses.
TheRajput is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2016, 09:54   #1421
BHPian

The Ghodbunder traffic was at its peak yesterday. It took my driver 3.5 hours to come home from Vasai which is just 36km.
Mumbai Traffic-imageuploadedbyteambhp1451794999.591449.jpg
Any idea as to why this much traffic every weekend?
Old 3rd January 2016, 20:34   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
The Ghodbunder traffic was at its peak yesterday. It took my driver 3.5 hours to come home from Vasai which is just 36km.
Any idea as to why this much traffic every weekend?
Today also we took 2 hours from Vasai to Borivali. Traffic was at the same location. IMHO it is due to sheer volume of traffic, indiscipline & narrow road. The creek bridge has become a bottleneck now, as the road narrows down from 3 lanes to 2 lanes on the bridge. Worse still, there are no signs of an additional bridge either. Even if construction starts today, it will take at least 3 years for it to be complete. So we can rest assured that things aren't going to improve in the near future. We do not even know if there are plans to construct an additional bridge over the creek.
Old 16th February 2016, 13:18   #1423
BHPian

Mumbai Traffic

Speed violation fines on Mumbai Pune Express Way just before Khalapur toll enforced today - Drive within speed limits. Large number of vehicles fined 200 Rs by a large team of cops with speed gun.

On my way to PUNE got fined for speed limit violation today. Was driving under 100kmph.

Last edited by TMRT : 16th February 2016 at 13:20.
Old 16th February 2016, 13:35   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
Speed violation fines on Mumbai Pune Express Way just before Khalapur toll enforced today - Drive within speed limits. Large number of vehicles fined 200 Rs by a large team of cops with speed gun.

On my way to PUNE got fined for speed limit violation today. Was driving under 100kmph.
if they enforce the 80 speed limit all thru the expressway, it will be way more enjoyable to drive.

And and and...
heavily fine trucks with non-fuctional tail lights !! Please!!!
Educate all motorists to drive in the center lane if going below 80 !
Old 17th February 2016, 16:08   #1425
BHPian

Dahisar Toll naka is a pain. Just always jammed. The amount of fuel and time wasted at this toll naka is phenomenal. I wonder what is the solution, dont expect it to be closed down soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks