Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 10:44   #1396
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Used the Belapur bridge again today morning.

Work is complete and Traffic is Smooth. Do plan to use this for moving out of mumbai for your vacations.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 21:44   #1397
BHPian

Travelling on NH-8 on weekends seems to be getting impossible.
It took me 3hours 15 minutes to cover 36kms from Vasai to Malad. The traffic started even before Suvi Palace. I have decided to ditch the car on weekends. Even yesterday it took me 2.10 minutes.
Old 16th November 2015, 18:04   #1398
BHPian

There was a huge jam yesterday at fountain junction. my friend needed 2.5 hrs from Thane to Mira Road.

look at the traffic jam image on Gmaps that he sent accross on Watsapp !

Terrible indeed to travel on NH8.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Traffic-jam1.jpg  

Last edited by ShaileshHinge : 16th November 2015 at 18:12.
Old 16th November 2015, 19:21   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
There was a huge jam yesterday at fountain junction. my friend needed 2.5 hrs from Thane to Mira Road.

look at the traffic jam image on Gmaps that he sent accross on Watsapp.
We too were stuck in this jam. However we couldn't fathom the cause of it. Do you have any idea?
Old 16th November 2015, 20:33   #1400
BHPian

I was myself returning from Manor.

The traffic started around 2-3 km before Royal Garden resort.
The reason I assume is the narrowing of the road at the resort.

Also the main cause of the traffic was people driving haphazardly.
The worse was people driving on the wrong side and then blocking the other side of the road as well.

Only upside was spotting an Aventador driving with us!
Old 20th November 2015, 13:40   #1401
BHPian

This accident happened a few days back when a mother and son were mowed down by a speeding tanker.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/49784945.cms

This happened opposite the Turbhe railway station on the Thane-Belapur Road stretch. This section is a really dangerous section as people always cross the road nonchalantly. If you hit them or even if you brush against them, the residents of the area will immediately mob you.

So, the solution for now is to put up new speed breakers. A set of 4 speed bumps have been put up just before the three already existing speed breakers. These have not been marked, so if you driving at night, you should be vigilant.

Additionally, due to these speedbreakers, the traffic slows down completely to a stop and there is traffic congestion. You will notice this on both sides of the road.

Untill an FOB is erected, people using this road can account for additional traffic time.

Last edited by sukhoi30 : 20th November 2015 at 13:41.
Old 20th November 2015, 14:13   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
We too were stuck in this jam. However we couldn't fathom the cause of it. Do you have any idea?
No Idea ! i think this was the last day of diwali Vacation and people were getting back home form all around, thus many more vehicles on the road.
Old 20th November 2015, 16:46   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
No Idea ! i think this was the last day of diwali Vacation and people were getting back home form all around, thus many more vehicles on the road.
Well I was also stuck that day while returning from Borivali station to Thane in AC 65 Bus. Since the bus was slightly crowded (many standing people like me) I started conversation with our Bus driver and he said one Trailer / Truck had broken down on the ghat and the entire Ghodbunder Road From Manpada Thane towards Fountain hotel was jammed and it took him 3 hrs to come to Borivali from Thane. And some smart fellows went to the wrong side to beat the standstill traffic, which eventually followed by almost all and sundry vehicles, caused a complete jam on the other side as well with oncoming traffic and no where to move. Finally the traffic police came in to action and first cleared the opposite lane and closed entry to the opposite lane. It took me 2 hrs to reach Thane at about 9 PM and there was still a jam towards Fountain hotel from Thane.
Old 21st November 2015, 21:44   #1404
BHPian

Today saw something similar to last week happening on NH8. Was returning from Mulund to Vasai via Ghodbunder road saw traffic stagnant from Suvi palace till Fountain signal.
Kept the car in vasai and travelled back to Malad by train. Was stuck in traffic on Wednesday as well as Thursday. Taking 2 hours min to cover 36km has become a norm now. If it continues for a month I will stop travelling by car then. 😓
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:31   #1405
BHPian

Yesterday there was a traffic jam on Vasai creek bridge both ways. It took me 2 hours from Virar Toll booth to reach Thane
Old 24th November 2015, 08:42   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
Yesterday there was a traffic jam on Vasai creek bridge both ways. It took me 2 hours from Virar Toll booth to reach Thane

Left office early on Sunday, by 5.00 pm. Hence reached home in 1hour 30 minutes.
Monday there was minimal traffic came home in 1 hour 10 minutes.
Old 24th November 2015, 11:20   #1407
BHPian

Gandhinagar flyover and IIT Powai were super smooth today at 10.15 am. felt like a public holiday. Not sure what has changed !
Old 25th November 2015, 15:34   #1408
Distinguished - BHPian

Ever since JVLR was extended up to SV Road (flying over the tracks) it's shortened my Powai-Goregaon runs by 4 km. More importantly I no longer need to drive halfway to Malad via the congested mess that is Goregaon (East). Though the JVLR-WEH junction is still a bottleneck, it's still a significant improvement.
Old 26th November 2015, 08:26   #1409
Senior - BHPian

My complaints to the Mumbai traffic police have gone into deaf ears. Everyday I see a traffic jam building at the IIT signal at 5pm because just after the signal towards EE highway, the traffic cops hold a few vehicles for surprise inspection and these vehicles are mainly heavy vehicles such as trucks and buses which occupy more than one lane for the inspection. This makes the 3 lanes squeeze into 1.5 lanes or whatever is left and this instigates drivers to start the "Me first" techniques.

Have written numerous times to Mumbai Traffic police that in the absence of any service lane or alternate lanes, inspections on such busy sections at a time when the office ends typically at 5 pm is a sure shot recipe for creating a jam when there is none.
Old 30th November 2015, 11:36   #1410
BHPian

30 Nov - 9 am
Huge truck has banged into the Belapur flyover coming towards Mumbai.
There was traffic backing up till 1.5 kms at around 9 AM.

A lot of white powder is seen on the road getting into Belapur and road seemed closed. Traffic was allowed on flyover though.

Please have a look at the maps if you intend to travel on this road today.
Could not take a snap as i was running late for a meeting in Pune at 11.

Thanks
Shailesh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks