Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2017, 14:58   #1351
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingyukeit View Post
I received an SMS from PayTM asking me to visit a link and upload my RC copy. When I fill the form and submit, it shows "Request Failed!!! Please try Again!" But it then takes me to the page where it says Thank you for choosing PayTM with Order Number ** and that my tag will be shipped shortly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Same here, I got an SMS from paytm with the link to upload RC copy but got the following error message:

Already attempted few times. Only thing left to check is whether office network is the issue. I will try from home in the evening.
Exactly same thing happened with me too. I also received the SMS with registration link. On clicking "SUBMIT", it shows "Request Failed!!! Please try Again!". I also got the response that my tag will be shipped shortly. Tried from two different networks, with same result. Does not seem to be a network related issue. If anyone of you are able to find a solution, please post here for everyone's benefit.
Old 5th September 2017, 16:05   #1352
BHPian

Picked a Tag for my brother. It was from HDFC Mr Sudeer whose contact Parag has referred here. Emailed him the documents and within 2 days, the tag was delivered at home. Now, they take 500 and you get Rs 300 in the wallet account whereas ICICI, I just got Rs 100 in the account. I suppose the security deposit is not been charged. is this the same for all?

People travelling thru Salem - Kochi highway; have you noticed a deduction of Rs 100 on the tag? I got an alert and I suppose its the Vaikundam toll where its supposed to be Rs 55. My friend also noticed the same when he travelled to kerala this weekend. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 5th September 2017, 16:07   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
If anyone of you are able to find a solution, please post here for everyone's benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Called customer support. They took personal/car information on phone with their usual response that they will revert back in 24 - 48 hours.
Try the above quoted solution. I did it. They took down the details manually and also told me they will revert within 48 hours, just like @airbus.

Seems like PayTM underestimated the demand for the tags. For so long, they had no mention/option of buying FASTag (barring one blog post). When they finally did, they are extremely unprepared for it.
Old 5th September 2017, 16:45   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingyukeit View Post
Try the above quoted solution. I did it. They took down the details manually and also told me they will revert within 48 hours, just like @airbus.

Seems like PayTM underestimated the demand for the tags. For so long, they had no mention/option of buying FASTag (barring one blog post). When they finally did, they are extremely unprepared for it.
I tried it again just now. It seems to have worked this time. The response this time was "Response processed successfully". Though you have spoken to them over the phone, you may submit the details on the website too.
Navneet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 17:37   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried it again just now. It seems to have worked this time. The response this time was "Response processed successfully".
It also worked for me. If I try to re-use the link, it gives a message "We have already received vehicle information for order id - 3xxxxxxxx6".
Old 5th September 2017, 18:15   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post

People travelling thru Salem - Kochi highway; have you noticed a deduction of Rs 100 on the tag? I got an alert and I suppose its the Vaikundam toll where its supposed to be Rs 55. My friend also noticed the same when he travelled to kerala this weekend. Can anyone confirm this?
I was charged ₹320 on my onward journey to Kerala! I have filed a dispute. Let's see what happens.
Interestingly, I was not charged at Vaiguntham and Vijayamangalam on my return journey.
Old 5th September 2017, 18:34   #1357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
I was charged ₹320 on my onward journey to Kerala.
I am guessing this happened over last weekend.

Not sure of the reason, but someone else I know mentioned that they got charged Rs 500 at a single toll over this weekend. He has contacted customer care who has promised a refund within 3 days.
No, he was not driving a multi-axle
Old 5th September 2017, 19:15   #1358
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got a call from them to confirm residential address. They were surprised to hear that no link or communication had been shared with me. Hopefully service will improve!
Old 5th September 2017, 19:21   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
I was charged ₹320 on my onward journey to Kerala! I have filed a dispute. Let's see what happens.
Interestingly, I was not charged at Vaiguntham and Vijayamangalam on my return journey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I am guessing this happened over last weekend.

Not sure of the reason, but someone else I know mentioned that they got charged Rs 500 at a single toll over this weekend.
Yes, happened over this weekend, including today. Have filed a dispute.
Old 5th September 2017, 20:17   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Came home and fixed the tag today. The packing and the aluminum foil looks so crude. I had plans of fixing a dashcam someday hence pasted the tag on top of a piece of transparent film so that it can be removed and refixed if it comes in the way of the dashcam.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_9134.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_9135.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_9141.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_9142.jpg

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_9143.jpg

I still have doubts on the integrity of their system. Firstly, there is no document taken except RC whereas ICICI took RC, DL and a photo. Also the tag is sent by courier and installation is done by end user. What happens if I install this on a truck/bus and avail ultra cheap tolls? I understand that the tags are color coded. But unless viewed carefully, there is no way to find out. The KYC form provided is again not asked in return till now.

Last edited by audioholic : 5th September 2017 at 20:35.
Old 5th September 2017, 20:25   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What happens if I install this on a truck/bus and avail ultra cheap tolls? I understand that the tags are color coded. But unless viewed carefully, there is no way to find out. The KYC form provided is again not asked in return till now.
Most of the tolls enroute to Kerala from bangalore, the toll attender manually verifies the vehicle number and let the vehicle pass. I fixed 2 tags myself. One from ICICI and another from HDFC on 2 different cars, obviously!

Now, as I mentioned earlier we traveled from BLR to Cochin on a tag which was not activated. We were just handed over the tag by 3 PM and told that it will be active by 6. We crossed Krishnagiri. Was unsure if it would work, so went for the regular queue. At Thoppur, I tried my luck though at the regular lane and not the tag one. The attender returned the cash handed over and asked me to pass. So, from then all, rode all the way to Ernakulam on a tag which was not activated online; it was low on balance as well. On my way back today, I reminded the guy on phone that the tag was not active. Soon enough, the we received the SMS and started getting updates. I checked the account statement and figured out that the trip from friday was accounted for too, with deductions.
Old 6th September 2017, 09:43   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Came home and fixed the tag today....The KYC form provided is again not asked in return till now.
Perfect method of pasting it, at least you dont need to think twice whenever you have a reposition requirement anytime. I should have done that ! The KYC form is not discussed anywhere. May be they will collect it sometime in the future, please preserve it. Right now they are in 'excess demand and delivery' stage.

Although my mobile app (iPhone) is not showing the fastag tab, I logged into my paytm account through browser and found this exciting piece of info today. So, its a happy starting as of now
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-tag.jpg
Old 6th September 2017, 09:58   #1363
BHPian

I ordered Fastag from PayTM on 04 Sep. Got an SMS with the link to upload vehicle details and copy of RC on the morning of 05 Sep. The website played truant initially. On trying to submit the details, was greeted with the response "Request Failed!!! Please try Again!" . Two more BHPians faced the same issue that day. However, by evening, the issue resolved itself and website accepted the uploaded info. Today (06 Sep), the status of the order has changed to "Ready to be shipped; Awaiting courier pickup".

Waiting for the shipping details to be shared
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.jpg  

Last edited by Navneet : 6th September 2017 at 10:20.
Old 6th September 2017, 10:17   #1364
Senior - BHPian

I tried HDFC bank , ICICI bank and Axis for the past several months. Responses ( or the lack of it ? )were very sad. This morning I ordered two tags from Paytm and am hoping this experience turns out better. Will share more details once I get the tags in hand.
Old 6th September 2017, 10:48   #1365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I ordered Fastag from PayTM on 04 Sep. Got an SMS with the link to upload vehicle details and copy of RC on the morning of 05 Sep. The website played truant initially. On trying to submit the details, was greeted with the response "Request Failed!!! Please try Again!" . Two more BHPians faced the same issue that day. However, by evening, the issue resolved itself and website accepted the uploaded info. Today (06 Sep), the status of the order has changed to "Ready to be shipped; Awaiting courier pickup".

Waiting for the shipping details to be shared
Same here. Looks like the system takes time to accept the order ID and mobile number combination while entering the details. RC copy can be uploaded directly on the website.

Registration completed now. Waiting for shipment.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks