Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2018, 18:30   #2701
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
My car has a tag. Now I am unsure if it can be used as FASTTag. I had a broken windo and the tag was replaced and also was charged(Don't remember the amount). Can I use this for FASTTag and if yes, how do I re-charge?
To end the confusion (and speculations) you must fulfill our wish now. Please post a pic of the RFID here and we conclude whether it is a FASTag or not .

If it is a FASTag, either on front or back of it you will certainly be able to see at least something that looks like the below image which is the logo for FASTag.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastagmain_625x300_41410926817.jpg

Some tags (ICICI's latest ones) has this Logo as part of the RFID itself that the letters F-A-S-T-A-G make up the RFID chip.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 19:05   #2702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Most probably that's a factory fitted one. Did you take the delivery after December, 2017?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
When replacing the windshield did they paste a new tag on it ? If so, that could have been a Fastag that they got a replacement tag for and pasted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
To end the confusion (and speculations) you must fulfill our wish now. Please post a pic of the RFID here and we conclude whether it is a FASTag or not .
Here it goes and by all the information you have provided, this looks like manufacturer tag rather than FASTTag. There is no mention of Fasttag anywhere in this.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20180613_170817.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 19:25   #2703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
this looks like manufacturer tag rather than FASTTag
Indeed and hence case dismissed .

A picture just ensured from making us speak another thousand words.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 10:13   #2704
BHPian

Got this SMS yesterday evening :

"Dear Customer, due to a system upgradation activity, few transaction(s) in the month of May & June 2018 could not be processed. These will be processed on 19.6.18. You are requested to keep the tags recharged to avoid any hassle. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please get in touch with your RM for more information."

Got debited for a toll of 27th May 2018 just now.
Old 19th June 2018, 11:20   #2705
BHPian

In my last two trips in 10 days on the NH7 Bangalore - Hyderabad section, I noticed that the toll fee was not deducted at the Devanahalli toll plaza in the Hyderabad to Bangalore direction, but the lane is dedicated and maintained not to allow other vehicles. Not that I am complaining.
Once I was charged twice in the same place.

In the direction from Bangalore to Hyderabad, they allow all vehicles in the dedicated lane and fastag works and charges the amount here. Overall a very poor execution at this toll plaza.
Old 19th June 2018, 11:42   #2706
BHPian

Have anyone tried removing the fastag RFID sticker and immediately pasting back on some other location on windscreen.
My fastag is an year old and planning to shift the location due to its coming in the view of dashcam. Can't shift dashcam for many other reasons
Old 19th June 2018, 11:47   #2707
BHPian

I applied for a fastag for my dad's wagonr via paytm. Expected delivery date as per app is Jul 4th. Is the paytm process slow or this is the standard?
Old 19th June 2018, 11:51   #2708
BHPian

Drove on Mumbai--Ahmedabad NH8 yesterday evening till MH--GJ border. The first toll on this route in Maharashtra ( Khaniwade toll plaza ) had all the five lanes ( onward ) equipped with Fastag. This is the first time I across a toll plaza that had all lanes equipped with Fastag.

P.S - My Polo is not Fastagged yet, I paid by cash.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20180618_164802.jpg  

Last edited by vivek95 : 19th June 2018 at 11:52.
Old 19th June 2018, 11:53   #2709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
In my last two trips in 10 days on the NH7 Bangalore - Hyderabad section, I noticed that the toll fee was not deducted at the Devanahalli toll plaza in the Hyderabad to Bangalore direction, but the lane is dedicated and maintained not to allow other vehicles. Not that I am complaining.

In the direction from Bangalore to Hyderabad, they allow all vehicles in the dedicated lane and fastag works and charges the amount here. Overall a very poor execution at this toll plaza.
Had the same experience this past Sunday while on a drive to Lepakshi and Puttaparthi. I wasn't charged at Devanahalli toll on both directions. Handheld device was used by attendant to scan the tag. The barrier had to be manually opened to let us through. The maintenance of Fasttag lanes should have been much better by now considering the volume of users. Its still not consistent and seamless. The automatic toll worked flawlessly at Bagepalli though.

By the way, how do I pay two side toll fees using Fasttag?
Old 19th June 2018, 11:54   #2710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I applied for a fastag for my dad's wagonr via paytm. Expected delivery date as per app is Jul 4th. Is the paytm process slow or this is the standard?
Standard for Wagon R. It is quicker in case of Bugattis and Lamborghinis. I have heard E2Os taking upto 6 months.

<g,d&r>

(That sounds a bit unnatural for PayTM. In my case I ordered on 22/12 and received it on 28/12. You might want to call them up ask what's the matter).
Old 19th June 2018, 12:12   #2711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
By the way, how do I pay two side toll fees using Fasttag?
I understand that if you return via the same tollgate within 24 hours, your tag account will be debited only for the balance amount payable.

Other members may correct if I have this wrong.
Old 19th June 2018, 12:30   #2712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
I understand that if you return via the same tollgate within 24 hours, your tag account will be debited only for the balance amount payable.
Your understanding is correct. If you return before 24 Hours, only the remaining amount (as applicable in case of return journey fare) is deducted.

However, this is not always the case that the window is 24 hours. It will depend on the booth as well. For instance, in Bangalore at least 2 booths (BETL and NBTL) that I know operate based on Calendar day. So your return journey is valid only if you pass the booth before 11:59:59.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th June 2018 at 12:39. Reason: Quoted post changed. :)
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 14:28   #2713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post

On Jun 16, while returning back to Bangalore this Fast tag lane did not work.
I had hard time to switch to next lane where commuters were not allowing me to merge to their lane. Had a bad quarrel with one of the car owner due to this issue of Fast tag not working at this toll. Pathetic folks!!
Old 19th June 2018, 15:01   #2714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Drove on Mumbai--Ahmedabad NH8 yesterday evening till MH--GJ border. The first toll on this route in Maharashtra ( Khaniwade toll plaza ) had all the five lanes ( onward ) equipped with Fastag. This is the first time I across a toll plaza that had all lanes equipped with Fastag.
This has been implemented since a while now. However my biggest grouse it that
with the implementation of hybrid lanes, the problem of delays will be back to square one. All lanes will have cash and tag vehicles. Instead, the NHAI should force cash vehicles to just one lane and keep all other lanes reserved for Fastag only. This would not only reduce the man power needed at the tolls but also require lesser number of toll booths as if implemented properly, you don't even need to stop completely in tag lanes. And instead of the usual cucumbers and peanut vendors, start selling Fastags to those stuck in the cash lanes.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 16:10   #2715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Indeed and hence case dismissed .

A picture just ensured from making us speak another thousand words.
So got my Fastag delivered yesterday from HDFC. The sticker is now pasted just behind the IRVM. Haven't tired it yet, hopefully it works during the weekend when I travel on Bangalore-Mangalore highway.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks