Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2020, 13:54   #4996
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Guys - quick query, I bought a seltos recently and the car has come with a Paytm fast tag which has been linked to my mobile number. When I log into Paytm it says that the fast tag is active and is linked to the VIN of my car, also an amount of 150 appears attached to the fast tag. I am yet to get the RC card and hence unable to update the vehicle registration number on Paytm as that requires me to upload soft copies of the rc. Will the fast tag work - I am planning a trip to Chennai tomorrow and would be a pain to do it if the fast tag wouldn't work. Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 14:30   #4997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
the car has come with a Paytm fast tag which has been linked to my mobile number.[...] I am yet to get the RC card and hence unable to update the vehicle registration number on Paytm
I bought my car in December 2018 and since then it has gone through ~25 toll booths. Not once have I faced any problem. I am in exact same situation as you - dealer provided Paytm tag, RC came later, never bothered with RC upload.

As long as it says Active on the Paytm app/website, you are good I should think.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 14:47   #4998
BHPian

Quote:
Guys - quick query, I bought a seltos recently and the car has come with a Paytm fast tag which has been linked to my mobile number. When I log into Paytm it says that the fast tag is active and is linked to the VIN of my car, also an amount of 150 appears attached to the fast tag.
Hi Aroon,
I too was in same situation a few months back, when I bought my Duster. In my case, it was ICICI FASTag.

The SA confirmed me that, the tag is active and is linked to my mobile number and VIN of my car. He also said 200 cash is pre-loaded already and can use it without any issues.
(But couldn't cross check, since I didn't have an ICICI FASTag account then)

I travelled out of Bangalore same day and the tag was scanned in all tolls without any issues.

Note:
My car was only Temp registered when bought, and got permanent registration done myself, a few weeks later at hometown.

Quote:
I am yet to get the RC card and hence unable to update the vehicle registration number on Paytm as that requires me to upload soft copies of the rc. Will the fast tag work - I am planning a trip to Chennai tomorrow and would be a pain to do it if the fast tag wouldn't work. Thanks
Since your Paytm tag is already showing as ACTIVE, I think it won't cause you any problem at tolls. Just keep sufficient amount in Paytm wallet and you are good to go.
This is what I feel from my experience with ICICI tag.

Just to double confirm, let's wait and see if anyone else has any suggestions, in particular with Paytm tag.
DLC5005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 15:52   #4999
BHPian

Quote:
Guys - quick query, I bought a seltos recently and the car has come with a Paytm fast tag which has been linked to my mobile number. When I log into Paytm it says that the fast tag is active and is linked to the VIN of my car, also an amount of 150 appears attached to the fast tag. I am yet to get the RC card and hence unable to update the vehicle registration number on Paytm as that requires me to upload soft copies of the rc. Will the fast tag work - I am planning a trip to Chennai tomorrow and would be a pain to do it if the fast tag wouldn't work. Thanks

Rs. 150 is the minimum balance you need to maintain on a PayTM Fastag. Recommend that you increase the balance, to ensure a smooth trip.

Last edited by sidpunjabi : 7th March 2020 at 15:54.
sidpunjabi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 09:30   #5000
ada
BHPian

Did a recent trip to Valsad on the Mumbai Ahmedabad highway. The fast tag lane experience was much much better with cash lanes clearly demarcated, was roll in roll out at most tolls.
ada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 09:42   #5001
Senior - BHPian

I'm using an Airtel Payments Bank fastag. On most occasions, the toll deduction takes 4-5 hours after I've actually crossed the toll. Some of my friends, who use tags from ICICI and Paytm, say that the deduction happens almost immediately and they receive an SMS as soon as they cross the toll.

Now the delay in toll deduction has increased further. I got a deduction SMS for Rohad toll plaza in Haryana on 28th of Feb while I had actually crossed the toll on 26th. Is this something I should complain about? Only disadvantage I see is that I won't be notified immediately if some false (fake?) charges are issued against my tag.
Old 8th March 2020, 10:46   #5002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I've never had the need to try it but can you not use the ICICI portal feature to deactivate your FT temporarily? That should remove the double-billing fear, and you can (hopefully) reactivate it on an online-real time basis when you need to?
Yes. I had considered this option. However decided against it as i had to use Fastag going to Ahmedabad and kolhapur as well. Thanks for the revert.

Last edited by INNOWAGON_CL : 8th March 2020 at 10:47. Reason: Grammer
Old 8th March 2020, 14:18   #5003
BHPian

My current tag needs to be replaced as windshield is getting replaced. However Axis is yet to dispatch the tag. I am contemplating the option of changing tag vendor, how easy it is to change tag and seek refund ? Please advise.
Old 9th March 2020, 03:09   #5004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
My current tag needs to be replaced as windshield is getting replaced.
I had the same situation and did the cancellation. I had ICICI, got refund in about two weeks time but replacement took me three months with Airtel. They initially rejected my RC scan and then it took me almost three months to get the new one. The fastest way I was told was to pick up the fasttag at designated toll booths, but their office timings never did work out for me.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 18:19   #5005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Update (Fastag with sufficient Balance - still shows Blacklisted):

Adding to the standard Monday morning woes, my brain decided to remind me that I had forgotten to recharge my IDFC Fastag which had gone below the minimum Rs. 100 on Saturday night. (Out of habit, I tend to do the recharge manually once I'm out of the driver's seat. I've never been a fan of auto-debit).

Unfortunately, this time my trusted G-Pay app decided it wasn't gonna help me out -it constantly showed "bank server error" every time I tried to pay..

Mondays!!!

Re-routed to the IDFC website. Loaded Rs. 500 on my tag and received a confirmation SMS instantly with the updated balance. Re-checked with the website which showed the updated balance along with the time stamp.

"Great, I'm good to go", or so I thought...

20 minutes later, I enter the Fastag Lane on the Sealink - and bam "BLACKLISTED" comes up on the LED. Decided to reverse and get a re-scan - "BLACKLISTED".

Re-checked the Tag balance - it's still Rs. 500+.

I tried to plead my case and showed the attendant the balance. He was clueless too and told me to take it up with the bank. IDFC customer care is clueless as well because the balance was/is still Rs. 500+ in their system as well.

Has anybody else faced a situation like this? Does one need to keep any sort of lead time after the amount is credited to the FASTag and before using it?

Last edited by sidpunjabi : 9th March 2020 at 18:25.
Old 9th March 2020, 18:41   #5006
BHPian

Quote:
I tried to plead my case and showed the attendant the balance. He was clueless too and told me to take it up with the bank. IDFC customer care is clueless as well because the balance was/is still Rs. 500+ in their system as well.
Did you end up paying the toll in cash? I have had several nasty experiences where tag is read as either blacklisted/invalid/insufficient balance. Then, tag surprisingly works fine after sternly insisting or deduction confirmation message comes few minutes/hours after having paid up the cash. For some reason, all of these instances have been in MH. After having learnt lesson, now I always insist that toll guy do whatever he wants to read the tag.

Quote:
Does one need to keep any sort of lead time after the amount is credited to the FASTag and before using it?
I once loaded my ICICI tag couple of kms before toll gate and amount showed up fine. If the amount reflects in account, I don't think there's any lead time.
Old 9th March 2020, 18:56   #5007
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update (Fastag with sufficient Balance - still shows Blacklisted):

Adding to the standard Monday morning woes, my brain decided to remind me that I had forgotten to recharge my IDFC Fastag which had gone below the minimum Rs. 100 on Saturday night. (Out of habit, I tend to do the recharge manually once I'm out of the driver's seat. I've never been a fan of auto-debit).

20 minutes later, I enter the Fastag Lane on the Sealink - and bam "BLACKLISTED" comes up on the LED. Decided to reverse and get a re-scan - "BLACKLISTED".
Re-checked the Tag balance - it's still Rs. 500+.
Did you have the old MEP tag for sea link as well?

You don't need lead time, Loading is instant.

Your server error could be linked to the Yes Bank issue where quite a few providers got stuck with the 50k limit.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th March 2020 at 07:25. Reason: Quoted post trimmed down.
Old 10th March 2020, 19:21   #5008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
Did you end up paying the toll in cash? I have had several nasty experiences where tag is read as either blacklisted/invalid/insufficient balance. Then, tag surprisingly works fine after sternly insisting or deduction confirmation message comes few minutes/hours after having paid up the cash. For some reason, all of these instances have been in MH. After having learnt lesson, now I always insist that toll guy do whatever he wants to read the tag.
Yup, I ended up paying cash. It's close to 36 hrs now and my FASTag account still shows no deduction, nor have I received an sms. Usually, in all my previous crossings (same bridge + same tag), the sms comes in a few minutes, so I'm guessing there hasn't been a deduction at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
I once loaded my ICICI tag couple of kms before toll gate and amount showed up fine. If the amount reflects in account, I don't think there's any lead time.
Seriously contemplating switching to ICICI's FASTag if this continues. Our forum's members seem to have a better experience with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Did you have the old MEP tag for sea link as well?
RGSL is part of my regular commute since I live at 1 end and have my office/ social commitments at the other end. I've been crossing the bridge with both tags for a month now, but this is the 1st time something like this came up.

The MEP tag is on the sunroof while the FASTag (which I purchased after MEP tag went below Rs. 70) is placed behind the IRVM on the windshield - I intentionally did this to ensure that the sensors pick up the FASTag first.

Quote:
Your server error could be linked to the Yes Bank issue where quite a few providers got stuck with the 50k limit.
I've never used Yes Bank's products/services till date. This is an IDFC tag paid from an ICICI account.
Old 10th March 2020, 21:52   #5009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've never used Yes Bank's products/services till date. This is an IDFC tag paid from an ICICI account.
PhonePe was majorly affected since they used Yes Bank as a gateway. Maybe GooglePay had a similar issue?
Old 10th March 2020, 22:02   #5010
BHPian

Quote:
PhonePe was majorly affected since they used Yes Bank as a gateway. Maybe GooglePay had a similar issue?
I thought this had got resolved. Or so it seems from https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...e-5015451.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks