Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2020, 17:19   #5341
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetancm7 View Post
I am not sure if it has been answered earlier but wanted to understand what happens to the tag if i sell my car? do I need to de activate the fast tag account or handover the car along with the fast tag sticker to the new owner? I have a Paytm Fast tag.
Remove the tag, get in touch with the customer care and deactivate your existing tag.

The next owner can then buy a tag for your car and manage it.
Old 16th December 2020, 18:13   #5342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if it has been answered earlier but wanted to understand what happens to the tag if i sell my car? do I need to de activate the fast tag account or handover the car along with the fast tag sticker to the new owner? I have a Paytm Fast tag.
You can choose any of the options you mentioned.
When I sold my car recently, I forgot to remove the fastag. So, i contacted the IDFC Bank franchise who issued the tag to deactivate and return the toll amount and security deposit.

I was asked to share the new owner name and other details, so that it can be transferred to his name.

However, i didn't know details since i sold it through agent. So, just got it deactivated and got entire amount credited to my bank account.

However, i was asked to send the picture of tag torned into pieces or return the tag in as-is State. But I didn't have the tag. So as workaround, I was asked to give a declaration on self attested white paper that I have destroyed the tag.

Last edited by gkveda : 16th December 2020 at 18:14.
Old 16th December 2020, 19:55   #5343
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I pulled the tag off of my windscreen when I sold my car. Prevents misuse. However, that led me to a different problem, my paytm account (they were the tag issuers) now shows two tags - one for my old car, and another for the tag I got with the new car. The issue is that there is no way to deactivate the old tag within the app and this tag as an INR 250 as security deposit that I had paid them which I cannot get back now.

Has anyone identified a solution to this problem?
Old 16th December 2020, 20:28   #5344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
The issue is that there is no way to deactivate the old tag within the app and this tag as an INR 250 as security deposit that I had paid them which I cannot get back now.

I deactivated two tags so far. One from IDFC Bank and another from KOTAK Mahindra

All i did was, sent a mail to the mail ID mentioned in the website giving all information. Within 8 days, I got my money back from both accounts and I verified both had got deactivated when I logged in post money got credited.
Old 16th December 2020, 22:42   #5345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
The issue is that there is no way to deactivate the old tag within the app and this tag as an INR 250 as security deposit that I had paid them which I cannot get back now.

Surprised you are facing this with Paytm. When I deactivated my Paytm tag, there was an option in the app itself. Once initiated, it took around 15 days for both the blocked amount and the security deposit to move into my main Paytm balance.

I cannot replicate the screens as I don't have any such tag any more but do check your app options.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 15:32   #5346
BHPian

Ok. Here is a very Noob question.

I was out of India for a few years and have missed this transition to Fastag. I was stuck in the non fastag queue for a while last week. Did not realize that I could have bought the fastag at the toll booth.

On-line info is not clear and the only option that remains after visiting ICICI and HDFC banks is to drive to the nearest toll booth.

I want to buy it on Amazon.in. The prices are different(INR 124, 250, 246, 467)

Is this ok to do?

Thanks in advance.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 15:37   #5347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post

I want to buy it on Amazon.in. The prices are different(INR 124, 250, 246, 467)

Is this ok to do?

Thanks in advance.
I bought my SBI tag from Amazon. I sent the car details by Whatsapp and my tag was registered in 24 hours. Read what the seller is saying. If he gets it activated for you, then any price is okay. There is also some deposit on the tag.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 15:37   #5348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I want to buy it on Amazon.in. The prices are different(INR 124, 250, 246, 467).
I wouldn't recommend getting a FASTag of Amazon. Reason = Multiple spurious sellers. Instead get a Paytm FASTag (lightning quick delivery) or you could get it off any bank website.
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 18:42   #5349
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree. Order it from Paytm or stop at the designated toll plaza or ICICI branch and pick it up physically. 10 minute job for the latter if you have the documents.
Old 17th December 2020, 19:36   #5350
BHPian

No toll plazas on national highways in 2 years!

Quote:
In two years, there will not be any toll plazas on the highways, which means vehicles do not have to stop or slow down at plazas to make payments. Toll charges will be collected from vehicles such as trucks and buses with the use of GPS technology, which will map the distance moved by these vehicles and the toll amount will be automatically deducted.
Quote:
While speaking at Assocham conference here on Thursday, Road Minister Nitin Gadkari said the Ministry is working on a proposal to use GPS-technology based tolling. All new vehicles will come attached with GPS systems, he added.
Link

Perhaps too good to be true, but I'd welcome this step with wide-open arms
Old 17th December 2020, 19:40   #5351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Link

Perhaps too good to be true, but I'd welcome this step with wide-open arms
And gps based speeding tickets as well. Plus you never know who all will get acess to your real time location. No thank you.
Jaguar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 19:44   #5352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
And gps based speeding tickets as well. Plus you never know who all will get acess to your real time location. No thank you.
May be anonymized hashed GPS data and instead of having multiple booths, have only a single one at the edge of the road scanning vehicles without stopping them.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 21:31   #5353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
May be anonymized hashed GPS data and instead of having multiple booths, have only a single one at the edge of the road scanning vehicles without stopping them.
You don't need GPS to detect a vehicle without stopping it. The technology is already available and common in developed nations. In our country, the address linked to the vehicle is seldom updated and finding the user billing him/her will be difficult. But the point is, why to spend on the tech and infra for Fastag now and discard it two years down the line. Why not just implement fastag properly at all tolls?
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 08:10   #5354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plus you never know who all will get acess to your real time location. No thank you.
Assuming you carry a mobile phone - do you know who all get access to your real-time location now?
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 11:07   #5355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the point is, why to spend on the tech and infra for Fastag now and discard it two years down the line. Why not just implement fastag properly at all tolls?
I guess Fastag is already considered as inefficient and outdated by transport minister, so they are looking new technology. Its just 600 total toll booths across India, so no big deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks