Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2007, 14:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Shell sure has many fans in bangalore. I have also filled up many times in shell in chennai & i really haven't felt my car go the extra km that you guys talk about & off late in the last few months i have seen 'most' Govt bunks follow some protocol that is on par with the private bunks. I am talking only about reputed bunks within the city, of course there are some stupid morons inside the city where the autos & other illiterate people fill up & continue to get cheated as they are not aware of these things. I prefer to fill up in reputed bunks , be it national or private, as long as the Qty & the quality are good, dont really care about the artificial smiles & services.
As i'd mentioned earlier..Shell bunk in Chennai has not made my car go further..or smoother!!

In my opinion Shell Sucks big time..ofcourse..I've never tried petrol at Shell..only Diesel!!
Old 17th October 2007, 14:22   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Does anyone think that the perceived/actual improvement in FE from Shell fuel is due to the fact that you're actually getting the correct amount of fuel at Shell?

Consider a car that gives 10 km/L. With 10 L, you can run 100 km.
However, if you're cheated and given only 9 L instead of the 10 L you asked for, you can run only 90 km. You assume you've got 10 L, so calculate your FE as 9 km/L. On the other hand, at Shell, you're given an actual 10 L, so you run 100 km, and calculate the FE as 10 km/L.
The best and the only method to check FE is tankful to tankful method..all the rest..have some loophole in it..!!
Old 17th October 2007, 14:23   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

Godfather
Yeah..fuel,,both petrol and diesel if left unused in vehicles for a long time..looses its potent octane rating..

So thats something to laugh about!!
Old 17th October 2007, 14:24   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Diesel DOES AGE with time and a gummy substance separate out from it. This is harmful for the car.
100 % agree..did not realise it until some time ago..though!! Both petrol and diesel age with time inside a tank!!
Old 17th October 2007, 21:28   #140
BHPian

My Enfield mech too(in Chennai) used to tell me not to bother buying any of the more expensive fuels because he said normal or special, they are all adulterated so much you won't find a dam difference.
Old 17th October 2007, 22:01   #141
Senior - BHPian

For me it was other way around, In IOC bunk guy charged only 115/- rs instead of 1115/-.

I promptly asked him why such a big discount of 1000/- while signing the charge slip when I read 115/- rs charged in charge slip.

He smiled and swiped the card again for the balance amount.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 18th October 2007, 12:09   #142
BHPian

The ideal way to deal with irregular quantity (if not more than 10 lts) is to carry a can get it filled and then check the measure and then fill the tank using a funnel.
Old 18th October 2007, 21:42   #143

lets fight it

Hi, Have been cheated once in a bunk and become smarter since. But no of attempts have been made to do the same again .

lets make a difference here and ensure people are aware of this before getting cheated the first time.

If I can round up a few people who r willing to share their incident, a friend will get this article published to make the public aware and alert of this scam.
Pl get in touch - dineshgluke@hotmail.com

Thanks . we don't have to accept things just the way they are. Lets do something about it beside whining.
Old 19th October 2007, 01:09   #144
BHPian

A nice experience in a petrol bunk in TN, little off-topic though.

My friend ran out of cash in a relatively small town with no ATM nearby. Spotted a bunk nearby, requested them to swipe his credit card and give him the money instead of Petrol. Wow, without a bit of bother they gave him the money.
That's genuinely wonderful service .
Old 19th October 2007, 01:13   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Suresh - you are still at a loss of Rs. 2.5 (Which is the amount deducted by the CC company for the 100 additional rupees charged on the card. You may say you have a pertol card hence you will not loose the same .

I did lose that Rs 2.5. I left without creating noise because I thought it could be a genuine mistake and let the benefit of doubt rule.
Old 20th October 2007, 01:27   #146
BHPian

Noticed this particular thing three times at the HP bunk near my office at Bagmane Park, Bangalore, though all the times I caught them and took the refund, now they probably recognize me and the vehicle and there hasn't been a repeat since. They are too eager to apologize profusely and refund in cash for the extra amount instantly, you only have to ask..
What they do is overcharge the credit card by 100-200, since I always do full tanks religiously when the needle is about to touch red, I always pay the same amount more or less. Now, the delivering guy pocketing money is understandable, but how does he benefit from an over-swipe of the credit card, mystery to me till day!
Old 29th October 2007, 23:43   #147
BHPian

The HP Petrol bunk loc at 15th cross J.P. Nagar is also one pertol bunk that should be avoided as when i took my bike there to fill up fuel for 200 bucks, he filled it up for only 197 and said that its 200 rs of fuel and there is no way that he could set it to show 200.00. After lots of arguments and a threat from my friend to lit fire using his cigar lighter, then did the bunk owner show up and let us get 50 rs more fuel for free and asked us not to blow this matter up. wht crap!!!
Old 30th October 2007, 09:45   #148
BHPian

Pleasant Experience at IndianOil Pump

To break the monotony here I thought I'd relate a pleasant experience I had a couple of days ago. I visited the IndianOil pump opposite National Games Housing Complex in Koramangala to tank up and was surprised to find the staff competent and very polite. The manager himself came up, supervised the filling etc. He also happened to mention that this is Bangalore's biggest IOC pump.

Overall the level of service was as good as Shell (or better). I'd highly recommend this place.
Old 30th October 2007, 14:12   #149
BHPian

OT: Last week when I was there in the queue,at shell -old madras road, these guys refused to fill in the fuel for a guy who had a pillion sitting with a sleeping baby on his bike. This guy started creating the scene and demanded to see the manager.
When manager came, he told this guy there is no way we'll fill the fuel with you sitting on the bike.If you want i'll hold the baby for you. Or else please visit some other time, when the baby is awake!
The guy left without filling in.
I was like
but i guess by sticking to the rules, this guy did set an example in his business integrity and must have made a few more permanent customers.
Old 30th October 2007, 14:20   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Or else please visit some other time, when the baby is awake!
The guy left without filling in.
I was like
but i guess by sticking to the rules, this guy did set an example in his business integrity and must have made a few more permanent customers.
Frankly I like that attitude to stick to what you plan and execute it...

It happened to me twice when I entered OMR shell and was on a call...the attendent came to me and didnt move untill I disconnected it (I was already at the boundary wall to attend the call but still theire rule is no cell phone talk inside the area)

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks