Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 17:22   #166
BHPian

Having being associated with a pump in the family, please note that now a days with the digital meter pumps (IOC owned pumps) there is a thermal printer which can give you a receipt for the fuel dispensed,

Yes this is a thermal printer based printout whch you can select. In fact please frequent these type of pumps as you can (yourself) take a printout of the quantity and quality dispensed with the total amount payable at the dispenser.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

M M M
Old 1st June 2008, 23:08   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Having being associated with a pump in the family, please note that now a days with the digital meter pumps (IOC owned pumps) there is a thermal printer which can give you a receipt for the fuel dispensed,

Yes this is a thermal printer based printout whch you can select. In fact please frequent these type of pumps as you can (yourself) take a printout of the quantity and quality dispensed with the total amount payable at the dispenser.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

M M M
Can you provide more information ?
Are all IOC pumps required to have this as standard all across the country?
Old 1st June 2008, 23:36   #168
BHPian

mmmjgm

I Havnt seen anything like this on any bunks in Bangalore. Could you tell us more about this new system?

Thanks
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:51   #169
BANNED

The IOC bunk on airport road does have this. It is one notorious pump so i never go there, but did notice it when our auto guy was filling up there.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:17   #170
Senior - BHPian

One more cheat

The IOC pump on KammanaHalli main road (next to the Lee store, near the ring road ) also started to do these antics.

People filling at this pump, please beware. They stop at 200 and then cut some excuse if questioned. HAve faced this twice.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:40   #171
BHPian

srini
I think all pumps do this nowdays :P:

btw, I found the BP bunk at E-city to be really good. Filled up the tank with regular speed and my milage has been better than anything so far.
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:08   #172
BHPian

Cheating happened to me in this notorious petrol bunk on the way to basaveshwara nagar from Shankar mutt. Their are two petrol bunks opposite to each other on this road. The notorious petrol bunk is on the right side(next to Pida) when coming from Shankar mutt. It happened a good year back as usual its the same trick, told the attendant to put 100 bucks of petrol and the cashier came towards me in the opposite direction of filling petrol to ask for change to Rs.50 , i was new to this trick but was very careful and duly said that i did not have any change and somehow my conscious said to look at the meter during half conversation to the cashier. Their you go!!!! i saw this attendant clearly stop at Rs.70 and resetting to 0!! I was furious and said if not put to the my actual said amount would take your pic with this petrol bunk and put in news papers on the front page tomorrow. He just ran away and the cashier meanwhile without any word put the remaining petrol!!! Beware guys beware!!!!

Ramki.
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:22   #173
BHPian

Ramki, You should still report it to police or media at least. Reporting this in newspapers shall do a lot of good to a lot of fellow Bengalorians. Need not mention your name in the anonymous mail and ask them to do an undercover story if you have a reporter friend.
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:27   #174
Senior - BHPian

The thermal paper print is present in the HP bunk at JP nagar (the one with the US Pizza outlet). It is my regular place for a fill.
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:39   #175
BHPian

I too had a near bad experience while returning from airport on Friday night. I had forgot to fill petrol last week and noticed that the reserve light came on while I was still near Yelahanka. Could not find any pumps with petrol and finally managed to see one near KR Puram Rlvy Station. The same old trick repeated, I asked them to put petrol for Rs 500 and while they started filling another guy came on the right side saying that the fuel cap was not fitted properly. By then the other guy had filled up to Rs 100 and was about to reset the counter. I quickly realized this and told him to fill the remaining 400 immediately. Since I noticed this I could avoid being cheated big time.

Beware of this pump near KR Puram Railway station.
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:48   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

The HP Gojer Service Station at Bangalore Cantonment (Jayamahal side) also has the thermal printer thing. They also have a transparent revolving (?) plastic thing fitted to the nozzle which (I think) allows you to see the fuel flowing through.

Will check with them next time I go.
Old 3rd June 2008, 17:23   #177
BHPian

In Bangalore watch out for the below ones.
Petrol bunks at Madiwala
BTM-near uduppi garden
BTM-near AXA
One at the Airport road entrance
if u have a choice never fill up from these ones. And even if u do..don't take off ur eye for even a second from the meter.
Old 10th June 2008, 12:29   #178
BHPian

I had a similar experience at the pump near Mount carmels, forget which company it is owned by, but they were so smooth I just didnt notice it and only realised later when I was out of the pump, so let it go. this was about 8 months ago, and that was probably the lowest milage that I have gotten since.

I have learnt one thing, go for a full tank of fuel and they just cant do this. Also please get out of the car and stand in front of the pump.
Old 10th June 2008, 12:56   #179
Senior - BHPian

Yea ! I agree with Mav about making it a full tank filling and standing up there. In Bangalore there are a whole lot of bunks which only dupe the customer and thats a major menace.
Old 10th June 2008, 13:11   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I had a similar experience at the pump near Mount carmels, forget which company it is owned by, but they were so smooth I just didnt notice it and only realised later when I was out of the pump, so let it go. this was about 8 months ago, and that was probably the lowest milage that I have gotten since.
I tank up at the same bunk near Mounts and never faced any issues till date. Difference is that I always top up and hence the margin/urge to cheat is minimal. Another trick is not to smile at these fellas and keep a straight face with that " Dont mess with me attitude" .
Get out of the car and don't indulge in any kind of conversation until the filling is done.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 10th June 2008 at 13:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks