Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 18:03   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
The HP Gojer Service Station at Bangalore Cantonment (Jayamahal side) also has the thermal printer thing. They also have a transparent revolving (?) plastic thing fitted to the nozzle which (I think) allows you to see the fuel flowing through.

Will check with them next time I go.
@itwasntme? Then who was it? lol

yup I always tank up here as well. I have been told that this is a very old bunk been around for ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I tank up at the same bunk near Mounts and never faced any issues till date. Difference is that I always top up and hence the margin/urge to cheat is minimal. Another trick is not to smile at these fellas and keep a straight face with that " Dont mess with me attitude" .
Get out of the car and don't indulge in any kind of conversation until the filling is done.
@ rjstyles69
I think thats an IOC bunk
These guys tried pulling a fast one on me, I went to fill up on the bike. Told him 500 Rs.
He tried the usual 100 R.s and allmost reset the counter. I'm never going back there again
Old 13th June 2008, 19:08   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
I think thats an IOC bunk
Yes it is. Its called Devdas Petrol Station. My dad used to fill up from this bunk ages back when we were kids. We know the owner well so the attendants dont mess with us. Like Riju pointed out, best defence is to get outta the car and watch the meter without getting distracted.

Also the IOC bunk (Puttaiah Service Station) near Raja mills (its on the right when you are going from the blore city central railway station towards malleswaram via margosa road) is a good bunk. I regualrly tank up from there whenever i get to blore and again before I leave to chennai.
Old 13th June 2008, 21:57   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Also the IOC bunk (Puttaiah Service Station) near Raja mills (its on the right when you are going from the blore city central railway station towards malleswaram via margosa road) is a good bunk. I regualrly tank up from there whenever i get to blore and again before I leave to chennai.
I think it is at Sampige Road
Old 13th June 2008, 23:53   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
mmmjgm

I Havnt seen anything like this on any bunks in Bangalore. Could you tell us more about this new system?

Thanks
Hi Gregory,

The new fuel dispensers (petrol and diesel) have these at select IOC pumps, the premium pumps have it, these include the Club HP, Pure for Sure Q n Q type outlets, IOC premium pumps also have it but then the attendants do not generally provide you with this receipt,

Unfortunately I do not know much about Bangalore, last remember filling diesel in 2002

Best way to find out is ask for the Regional officer at the pump, they all provide customers with the regional officer's phone number, call the regional person and ask him for such dispensers within your area.

Regret the late reply.

Cheers
M M M
Old 8th October 2008, 12:29   #185
BHPian

Guys i just got a forward, is this true??

"Do not pump full tank of petrol

Many of us are not aware that the petrol kiosk pump has a return pipe-line (in Pink ). When the petrol tank (in the car) reaches full level, there is a mechanism to trigger off the pump latch and at the same time a return-valve is opened (at the top of the pump station) to allow excess petrol to flow back into the sump. But the return petrol has already pass through the meter, meaning you are donating the petrol back to SHELL/CALTEX/MOBIL/PETRONAS"
Old 8th October 2008, 12:43   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you try it, Jassi ? Have you see any such pink color pipe line ?

The auto-cut-off feature is definitely present. If you keep the nozzle inside the neck of the tank & try to pump (in automatic mode) even after the auto-cut-off, the auto-cut-off will get re-activated and no more fuel will be dispensed.

After this auto-cut-off, if you still hold the nozzle into the neck of the tank, & do a manual dispense, the fuel will start to over-flow.

A top-up is always done in manual mode, by holding the tip of the nozzle close to the top end of the neck of the tank. You can see when the fuel reaches to the top of the neck of the tank. When you see the fuel physically, you will stop further dispensing of the fuel.

Where is the confusion ?
Old 8th October 2008, 14:03   #187
BHPian

Jassi, I guess that might be the case in Malasia. Here, auto-cut-off doesn't work with return pipe-line and valve. I see sometimes it cuts off even when the tank is not full but probably due to air pressure. And there is no such return pipe seen in filling stations in our cities.
Old 8th October 2008, 17:21   #188
BHPian

well i am not sure i just got the forward. But my confusion is that the forward indicates when auto cut-off happens, there is some fuel in the pipeline which is already metered but is returned back as it was never dispensed
Old 9th October 2008, 09:06   #189
Rai
BANNED

HP PetrolBunk in BrookFields

Hello All,
I usually fill Petrol from HP Petrol Bunk in Brookfields, AECS Layout, after COSMOS mall (Kundala Halli on the Way to ITPL) and found the staff here are friendly and so far I have not noticed them in indulging themselves in any malpractices (Or i it that I am very dumbo to notice that?). Sofar so good. Usually Manager (or is owner) will be outside and will be helping Customers / and directing his staff. I am very carefull in the Petrol Bunks, after I got fooled Rolyally by the BP Petrol Bunk opposite IBM in Bannerghatta Road once.

Only Problem I found in this HP Petrol Bunk is, his Meter fo 'AirPressure' (Tire Pressure) sometime mal functions.

Any Comments on this Petrol Bunk guys? Anybody has been here?
Old 12th October 2008, 01:45   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Hello All,
I usually fill Petrol from HP Petrol Bunk in Brookfields, AECS Layout, after COSMOS mall (Kundala Halli on the Way to ITPL) and found the staff here are friendly and so far I have not noticed them in indulging themselves in any malpractices (Or i it that I am very dumbo to notice that?). Sofar so good. Usually Manager (or is owner) will be outside and will be helping Customers / and directing his staff. I am very carefull in the Petrol Bunks, after I got fooled Rolyally by the BP Petrol Bunk opposite IBM in Bannerghatta Road once.

Only Problem I found in this HP Petrol Bunk is, his Meter fo 'AirPressure' (Tire Pressure) sometime mal functions.

Any Comments on this Petrol Bunk guys? Anybody has been here?
I too fill up from here and am yet to find fault. Only grouse being "full-tanks" invariably end up in some diesel spilling, even though i tell them "auto cut-off, stop". Language barrier!!! Need to learn Kannada to convey that.
Old 12th October 2008, 02:00   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I too fill up from here and am yet to find fault. Only grouse being "full-tanks" invariably end up in some diesel spilling, even though i tell them "auto cut-off, stop". Language barrier!!! Need to learn Kannada to convey that.
Surprising. This was my regular pump when I had my DDiS and I have not found any fault. They top up when I tell them to, they set it on auto cut-off otherwise. Never noticed any problem with air-meter too.

What I liked with this pump is that the employees are mostly courteous and their manager is usually outside, ensuring that the employees are at their best behavior.

Last edited by kuttapan : 12th October 2008 at 02:01.
Old 3rd July 2009, 07:46   #192
BHPian

Has anyone been cheated in the petrol pump on Sankey Road near Cauvery theater? They employ the 200 Rs trick. Beware. Its best to get out of the car and confirm zero on the meter. Then, before he insets the pipe, you need to confirm with the attendant on how much fuel was going to be dispensed. Most of the problems begin when you sit in the drivers car and simply open the tank.
I've heard that company operated bunks are better to use. Does anyone have a list of these in Bangalore?
I don't know how correct this piece of advice is but they say that on a long trip, never fill up from pumps on the highway. Always do so in the city where chances of regular customers are higher and thus the possibility of a scene in case of a fast one is also higher.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:55   #193
BHPian

My couple of incidents (Have more, but will limit to these two interesting ones):

Went to tirupati in my bolero with full family. As I entered my fuel guage was showing almost empty. Pulled into a petrol bunk and asked the attendant for 1000 Rs diesel. Same trick of Rs 200 dispensed and stopped. MY dad was standing rt in front of the pump and I was near the guy dispensing fuel. But this attendant successfully blocked me from viewing the meter. Being cautious I asked him to reset, show zero and start again. He hurried the whole process and started off, with excuse he did tell me but I was not looking at. Stopped at 800. I wanted to pay 800 only but I had only 1000 currency. Paid that and demanded 200 back - now, they all huddle together and start arguing they had sold 1000 bucks worth fuel. My dad insisted that he was seeing meter all the while and guy did not reset - instead started with 200 only. I was calm and maintained that only 800 rs worth fuel was sold. He even tried demonstrating that once fuelling is stopped, the dispenser wudnt work unless reset. I did not buy any of that and told him point blank I had seen it all in various parts of India. He did not budge.
Last option I used was to go to police to sort out matter. I told him I will risk it because I knew my tank was zero when I came in. Even if there was, it might be 1/2 litre diesel when I came in. This guy was startled at it - and gave back 200 with statement that he is paying out of his own pocket. Smiled and told I understand what he meant when he said paying out of own pocket - and drove off..

2nd incident: Right in front of my office is a BP bunk which is very well known for cheating customers. I ride in my RX and ask for 200 bucks worth fuel. Attendant acts suspicious and is about to start. Another guy came in to distract and start asking card or cash etc questions. I am not winking nor looking away from meter. After few futile tries distractor tells attendant to go ahead normally. He used some code i did not catch. Then attendant resets the meter again (it was already zero) and starts fuelling and stops promptly at Rs 200. I am glad i cracked this - and look into purse, no money.. :( So, have to pay by card. This guy takes the card, comes back with receipt which i sign, handover one copy to him and ride away. Later in the evening when i am home I am emptying pockets before changing the dress. Somehow the credit card receipt caught my eye - It was swiped for Rs 300 which i had signed without looking at amount. I have been owned by these thugs - and that was the last i went into that bunk.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:14   #194
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Has anyone been cheated in the petrol pump on Sankey Road near Cauvery theater? They employ the 200 Rs trick. Beware. Its best to get out of the car and confirm zero on the meter. Then, before he insets the pipe, you need to confirm with the attendant on how much fuel was going to be dispensed. Most of the problems begin when you sit in the drivers car and simply open the tank.
I've heard that company operated bunks are better to use. Does anyone have a list of these in Bangalore?
I have been cheated once by this by a HP Bunk (Suhas Fuels) on New BEL Road. I usually tank up once every 2 weeks or so and always fill a full tank. This one time, I went there, got out of my car like I do everytime and then opened the fuel filler lid and walked to the rear of the car.

I was now swarmed by 3 attendants one guy put the fuel filler inside the car, one started asking me if I would pay by cash/credit card and the 3'rd moron started asking if I wanted any lubricants/coolant.

I ignored the 2 and focussed my attention on the guy who was going to fill fuel. I made a clear mention to him to fill a FULL TANK and then he reset to 0 and started and then stopped suddenly after Rs.200 appeared on the counter and then asked me for cash/card.

I was totally furious and asked him if he can't hear properly and then he said he'll tank up again. I told him that won't be required and took out my camera phone and clicked a few photos of the attendants who were around my car and warned them that if they every tried this trick again, I'd go to the cops.

I however paid the Rs. 200 and drove away. Checked my fuel guage and it confirmed that Rs. 200 worth fuel did go into the car.

My friend had also been cheated once by this same bunk. I wish the authorities would do something about these errant bunks.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:19   #195
BANNED

Start asking for receipts, without fail. Even if you dont need them. On a pump whch you are not sure about, dont fill fuel for more then rs 100.

I stick to these guidelines and fill only at the pump i am sure dosent cheat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks