Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 08:47   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I didnt know ICICI encouraged HP pumps.

Icici & HP are acha lagetha hai for a long long time (4-5 years).
Old 31st July 2007, 09:38   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I didnt know ICICI encouraged HP pumps.
icici has HP debit / credit card...
Old 31st July 2007, 15:03   #108
Senior - BHPian

Been to Mysore with my Swift Diesel and filled in Diesel in Reliance pump midway (In Maddur). Got poor mileage of 18 KMPL. I get better mileage in Bangalore city using Shell Diesel.
Old 21st August 2007, 10:29   #109
BHPian

Hmmm!! I tried quiet a few bunks regurlary and finally settled on Shell at Hosur road, even if it means me driving from Koramangala a good distance of 11 kms both ways. I always do a tank up and still one smarty pants at the IOCL outlet near NGV swiped Rs.200 from using the same trick. I did not bother to indulge in a fight. Feel ashamed of it even now.

But I follow the routine religiously. Never sit in the car while it is getting filed up. Will be near the pump watching the meter and flow. So, dont even bother about IOCL, HP or BP outlets.
Old 21st August 2007, 13:49   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
Hmmm!! I tried quiet a few bunks regurlary and finally settled on Shell at Hosur road, even if it means me driving from Koramangala a good distance of 11 kms both ways.
Refer the thread I opened on same topic (didn't know about this one). http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...isit-bunk.html

After reading replies in this thread, I am kinda convinced to continue to go with Shell outlets.
Old 21st August 2007, 17:29   #111
BHPian

Shell pumps...

It is not that there are no good bunks apart from Shell in Bangalore. The time and energy to identify good pumps and zero on them is the problem. I can see that from this thread there are few pumps run by HP or IOCL that give good service. Given the time it takes to narrow down the choices or drive 5 km one way, my choice was the easiest one. Drive to Shell.

Nainar
Old 30th August 2007, 14:30   #112
BHPian

I recently switched to the BP petrol bunk on the IRR between the Koramangla Junction and the Ejipura junction. So far, so good. All the other bunks in Koramangala will try to cheat you with the exception of the BP on 80ft road.
Sadly now this BP is unaccessable because of the one ways.
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:28   #113
Senior - BHPian

recently filled up at IOC petrol pump at indira nagar - LB road ( one with krishna sweets or something inside the pump )

i asked the guy to fill for Rs1000 - in betn another chap comes by and picks up a conversation and gives some sheet where he wants me to fill up address etc...next thing i know, these guys show me a Rs1000 FIGURE in the meter and say its thru.
initially i dint suspect anythng but my fuel guage was just not moving up beyond approx 10 lit mark....these guys cooly swindled Rs500 !!!

i went to the IOC website and lodged a complaint...within 2 days, their regional manager called me up and took details of my payment slip

he has assured he will investigate this

apparently, they have a record of all individual quantities filled in the pump on any day. so he says, he will chek the meter whetther Rs1000 WORTH OF fuel was dispensed approx around the time i went there.... if not - he apparently would lay a trap and catch these guys ( atleast ths is wat he said on phone and email.... )

anyway atleast these guys are responding!!!!

all of u - beware and avoid this pump ( chennai )
Old 4th September 2007, 22:42   #114
BHPian

I too use the same IOC Bunk at RV Road consistently & they pretty ok. I tank up every time & get out of the car and be with the attender while dispensing. They never try to fool around. Also fuelling up early morning or when not crowded could help avoid distraction.

Tried Shell (VM Road) briefly in my earlier baleno - but did not find the quality of petrol that great.. IOC Xtra Premium was just great..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
I am filling fuel from IOC (Annapurna Service Station) next to Vijaya college on RV road for almost two years now. I am getting consistent FE. And mostly I go to the same fuel despenser and always insist on auto cut off.
Old 5th September 2007, 16:40   #115
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't it look like its in the South of the Country where such things are happening??? I didn't see too many posts from the west or north of the Country!
Old 5th September 2007, 17:00   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Doesn't it look like its in the South of the Country where such things are happening??? I didn't see too many posts from the west or north of the Country!

maybe they are yet to realise it !!
Old 5th September 2007, 17:35   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
You think so? Who was that guy who got murdered by the bunk owners from reporting on their fuel adulteration?
Old 5th September 2007, 17:46   #118
BHPian

I too had similar experience from HP pump near to st.Jhon's hospital and once from Advait BP petrol bunk @ BTM.

First time i have lost hundred bucks @ the HP pump when the guy has told me that when i told him 500 he heard 100 and he had filled for hundred initially ...then for 400 more !!!

I was keeping this in my mind when i went to the advait BP pump next time and asked him to fill full tank.The same thing had happend this chap has told me that he has heard 500 for the first time then he has started filling after resetting to zero.Next fill was for 31 lits...!!!! My wagonR's tank capacity is 35 lits and i was pretty sure that more than 3 lits petrol is there in the tank as the guage was just touching the 'E' mark.So i have started shouting at him and the manager has came to me and apologised and told me that he didnt fill for 500 ..initially he has jut 'pitched'(I dont know what it is) as he is as the attendant is a trainee he doesnt know all these !!!!

After that incident i fill only at Shell !!! Good quality fuel ..excelent service .

Once i forgot to collect my credit card bak from the Shell Old madras road outlet.I came to know about this only after 3-4 hours when i was searching for my card in vallet to pay the bill in Show-Off. I have called up the bank and blocked the card and just checked whether any other transaction has happend after the fuel fill.Same day on my way back to home i just visted the shell bunk.I was surprised to see that the chap from whom i have filled petrol has came to me and said ..sir you have forgot to collect your card back and it is there with our manager.They have returned me the card in another 5 minutes after verifying the signature !!!
Old 13th September 2007, 09:35   #119
BHPian

May be kind of disconnected but wanted to share as well! I recently went to a place called Printo in Koramangala for doing some print job. I had the original in a 1GB SD card. More than the card, it contains back of my mobile phone, personal records and so much. And I left the place without collecting it back. Promptly in 30 minutes the guy called me and told me that I left the card there and asked me to collect it by providing id. There are still people who are professional, in every field I would say. Shell guy is an example.

On the contrary, I left my Corolla for service at Nandi Toyota. I collected all the valuables, but missed clearing out the centre console which had Sodexo coupons worth Rs. 2000, few bills etc... And when I took the car back, they were all cleaned properly!! Lost the whole bunch of coupons and worst, some few fuel bills as well, which I was supposed to claim with my company.

Nainar
Old 4th October 2007, 01:36   #120
BHPian

maybe its time to allow self pumping at petrol bunks..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks