Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 15:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Does anyone think that the perceived/actual improvement in FE from Shell fuel is due to the fact that you're actually getting the correct amount of fuel at Shell?

Consider a car that gives 10 km/L. With 10 L, you can run 100 km.
However, if you're cheated and given only 9 L instead of the 10 L you asked for, you can run only 90 km. You assume you've got 10 L, so calculate your FE as 9 km/L. On the other hand, at Shell, you're given an actual 10 L, so you run 100 km, and calculate the FE as 10 km/L.
In most cases I have seen adulteration as the reason for lower FE as well as slow pickup. I have not experienced cheating on volume in Fuel pumps yet so I presume it is less than 5% cases we have cheating in Volume and remaining 95% may be attributed to adulteration.
Old 29th June 2007, 21:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Have experienced the same with almost all BP outlets, Most notorious is the one opposite to IBM on Bannerghatta road.
later i visited the BP website and lodged a complaint against the petrol bunk. About a month later i got a call from BP regarding this, and he said they have received similar complaints from other customers ho have filled from that bunk.He assured that the license will be revoked and a strict action will be taken against him.
Dont know whether this has been done, cause i never venture near that outlet anymore.
This petrol bunk is a CO-CO one ( Company owned Company operated).
It would be interesting to see how they go about revoking the license of their own bunk.

Wind...
Old 30th June 2007, 07:24   #78
Senior - BHPian

The bunk you are talking about used to be company owned. It no longer is. It is been licensed out to a private party.
Old 2nd July 2007, 06:52   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Those who get Diesel from Shell, pls watch out - they are possibly having supply problems at this time. Petrol does not seem to be affected.
Old 2nd July 2007, 07:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Those who get Diesel from Shell, pls watch out - they are possibly having supply problems at this time. Petrol does not seem to be affected.

Eh!! This is happening a lot now.. lucky i tanked up 2 days back.

Godfather
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Yes this is true but see the positive side of this - You are sure you are getting fresh stocks.
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:16   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Yes this is true but see the positive side of this - You are sure you are getting fresh stocks.
Diesel has an expiry date?? j/k
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

Godfather
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:49   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but it appears the Shell on Old Madras Road is out of petrol also.

I was turned away, and was running on empty. Stupid me. Managed to limp to another bunk to fill up.
Old 2nd July 2007, 13:50   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Diesel DOES AGE with time and a gummy substance separate out from it. This is harmful for the car.
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:20   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Eh!! This is happening a lot now.. lucky i tanked up 2 days back.
From what I hear, you could do well to find alternatives for now, until they resolve their issues.
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:30   #87
BHPian

I think this issue of shortage in Shell pumps is going on for quite sometime now. Last month it was 'no petrol', then they had 'only super grade petrol' for a few days and now 'no diesel'. It seems the supply is not able to meet the demand as most of the people who live/drive near a Shell pump, prefers it.

In Hosur road, at any time Shell is having atleast 4-5 vehicles tanking up, while all others (atleast 2-3 of them) in the vicinity have only some autos and 2 wheelers, at the most.

I also hear that many car dealers have started recommending the new owners to go for Shell/Reliance. Think its time for 'Sarkari Oil cos' to have a hard look at themselves.

Last edited by appuchan : 2nd July 2007 at 21:32.
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:52   #88
BHPian

yes - last week old madras shell only had normal petrol and no super, so i tanked up on normal for the first time in 1.5yrs!! Anyways I hear shell normal is also way better than other pumps' premium My other option which i used before shell was HP cv raman nagar, i think that is COCO

-j
Old 5th July 2007, 10:43   #89
BHPian

Shell.....shell........shell.......But no petrol,

Well, all good things happening in only in shell at bangalore, but for the last 8 days no petrol available, i fill up only in shell from last 1.5yrs, yesterday my swift about to dry, so i decided to fill in at old & famous reddy-BP pump at seshadripuram, i asked to full tank, guy started quiet fastly, i asked him to slow down the dispensing, mean time he almost filled 40 ltr's, he goes on filling up 41,42,43,44.... i stopped him at 44.08, if i not stopped definately he will up with another 2 ltr's!! i started blasting him about how can he fill up 44ltr's,against 43 ltr's capacity tank, that too having 1-2 ltr's old petrol in tank, manager came same blah.... blah.... happened, i questioned my self why i came here .
Old 5th July 2007, 10:54   #90
Team-BHP Support

Subbarao, being so accustomed to Shell and its ways, you faced teh jolt from the other petrol bunk. I have been moaning about the lack of petrol at Shell too, here is the linky :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...bangalore.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks