Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 12:34   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night was driving back after dinner from Gachibowli to Himayathnagar and wanted to show the latest hi-rises of Hitec to my sister and took the in-between route to Hitech and crossed the Inorbit mall to see that road is closed.

Had to U-turn and go back via the regular CT route
Old 16th September 2009, 14:01   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Last night was driving back after dinner from Gachibowli to Himayathnagar and wanted to show the latest hi-rises of Hitec to my sister and took the in-between route to Hitech and crossed the Inorbit mall to see that road is closed.

But yesterday they were allowing people to drive through! I was there around 10ish in the evening.
Old 16th September 2009, 15:30   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
But yesterday they were allowing people to drive through! I was there around 10ish in the evening.
Well, I guess they are allowing only bikes---I just peeped out of my window and could not spot any 4 wheeler on that stretch.
I've been using the Whisper Valley road for the past 2 weeks, and this morning some nitwit VIP was passing by, leadiing to a huge jam for 25 minutes. We had to take a left turn and drive a km towards Tolichowki, and take a U turn again.
I can see the effect of the Durgam road closure on both the Gachibowli to Tolichowki road and also on the Cyber Towers to Madhapur road.
I wonder how long those nuts will take to do up the Durgam Road.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:06   #244
Senior - BHPian

IMO, The Durgam Cheruvu road repair is part of a major scam!
It is always under repairs every year for almost 3-4 months of the year or sometimes more!

Best thing is leave from home at 12:00 Noon for work and leave from work after 9:00 PM like I do!
Old 16th September 2009, 16:10   #245
Senior - BHPian

Durgam Cheruvu Road has become a trap honestly.Fewdays back,my Corsa had to be given a proper shower and soap after a drive through this horrendous road after a bout of rain.
Old 16th September 2009, 17:06   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
I was there around 11pm with 4 cops sitting on chairs coolly mentioning its closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
IMO, The Durgam Cheruvu road repair is part of a major scam!
It is always under repairs every year for almost 3-4 months of the year or sometimes more!
I wont be surprised if it is. Wish i was a partner in that contract company
Old 16th September 2009, 21:13   #247
Senior - BHPian

I just heard from a pal that the jam at Whisper Valley Jn was due to heavy inflow of traffic from BHEL this morning--even he got stuck at 9 am. Looks like most guys are avoiding JNTU these days.
Old 17th September 2009, 08:54   #248
Senior - BHPian

works going on necklace road. at some sections, one side opened for two way traffic.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:33   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
works going on necklace road. at some sections, one side opened for two way traffic.
Yeah, the portion from Sanjeevaiah Park till that bridge near PV Ghat is closed for repairs for the past 2 weeks. Today's TOI also has a photo of a huge crater on that road that suddenly developed on Wednesday afternoon---I think it is on the stretch between the railway overbridge to Sanjeevaiah Park.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:44   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yeah, the portion from Sanjeevaiah Park till that bridge near PV Ghat is closed for repairs for the past 2 weeks. .....
Yes. And also watch out for people going towards Secunderabad side who don't realise oncoming traffic has been diverted to their side and continue to drive in the right lane.
Old 17th September 2009, 17:35   #251
BHPian

New route to beat Hi-tec city woes

I found a new route to escape all the traffic in the Cyber Tower Jn. caused due to the flyover construction - go through Cyber Towers itself! Well, this is applicable only for companies having their office spaces inside Cyber Towers. On your way back from Hi-tec city, take a right into Cyber Towers gate justt before the junction starts. Then brandish your company ID, get a allowed inside, whistle and drive inside Cyber Towers complex, exit, take a U from the junction and you are back on track saving yourself a good half a k and lots of frustration.
Old 18th September 2009, 01:07   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Then brandish your company ID, get a allowed inside, whistle and drive inside Cyber Towers complex, exit, take a U from the junction and you are back on track saving yourself a good half a k and lots of frustration.
Rahul, i have a serious doubt. Is whistling necessary when we enter the cyber towers complex?
Old 18th September 2009, 12:21   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Rahul, i have a serious doubt. Is whistling necessary when we enter the cyber towers complex?
They wont allow you if you aren't whistling . Another option is to use you Hellas and make enough noise!
Old 18th September 2009, 12:31   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
I found a new route to escape all the traffic in the Cyber Tower Jn. caused due to the flyover construction - go through Cyber Towers itself! Well, this is applicable only for companies having their office spaces inside Cyber Towers. On your way back from Hi-tec city, take a right into Cyber Towers gate justt before the junction starts. Then brandish your company ID, get a allowed inside, whistle and drive inside Cyber Towers complex, exit, take a U from the junction and you are back on track saving yourself a good half a k and lots of frustration.

Tussi bahut smart ho ji.

Thanks. This is a very good tip.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:22   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Hehe, you got me there, Avi. I meant one almost feels like whistling in joy while driving through the CT complex while others fight it out outside.

Come to think of it, wouldn't that qualify for a typical villainous trait - whistle towards the guards (that famous ptui, ptuiiiiiiiii) while making that movement with your head indicating to them to move out of the way. Muahahahah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Tussi bahut smart ho ji.

Thanks. This is a very good tip.
Imran - you might not know, but we both belong to the same company. So the smartness, finding-an-even-shorter-route-coz-employer-does-not-pay-much traits are mutual .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks