Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:31   #301
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday took a drive on the PV Narasimha Expressway to Airport. It took 14 minutes to cover the 11Kms long flyover at 60km/hr. While coming back from Secunderabad station on Meru Cabs, day before yesterday, the driver told that it has a speed limit of 60km/hr and there are camera installed on the flyover. So I strictly followed the speed limit but noticed no camera. Other cars went zipping past me while I was driving at 60!!!
Anyways, it is good to see that flyover operational. Such a relief from the Mehdipatnam traffic.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:50   #302
Senior - BHPian

CAUTION:

Some moron has decided to put up speed breakers on Banjara Hills Rd. No. 10 before and after every intersection! (He must have visited Bangalore recently I suppose )

Already 3 new speed breakers are up and I saw markings for another five which might be put up tonight!
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:58   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Yesterday took a drive on the PV Narasimha Expressway to Airport. It took 14 minutes to cover the 11Kms long flyover at 60km/hr. While coming back from Secunderabad station on Meru Cabs, day before yesterday, the driver told that it has a speed limit of 60km/hr and there are camera installed on the flyover. So I strictly followed the speed limit but noticed no camera. Other cars went zipping past me while I was driving at 60!!!
Anyways, it is good to see that flyover operational. Such a relief from the Mehdipatnam traffic.
Manish, thanks for confirming the foundation beams of this expressway are working as it should be. Now i too will venture out on it soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
CAUTION:

Some moron has decided to put up speed breakers on Banjara Hills Rd. No. 10 before and after every intersection! (He must have visited Bangalore recently I suppose )

Already 3 new speed breakers are up and I saw markings for another five which might be put up tonight!
Double frustration !!!!! Where are these speed breakers? i take this route atleast 3-4 times a week. Last i was on this route was on Tuesday and didnt see any
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:16   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I fail to understand why we all give so much importance to Durgam Cheruvu. If i am not wrong half the posts are related to this god forsaken route.

Are we so hell bent on saving a few bucks that we cannot take a few extra kms detour and embrace some peace of mind?

I dont mean offense to anyone but, this has been playing on my mind for some time now
Ha ha, that is a good one. But the fact is that for those working in Ascendas (VBIT) and MindSpace areas, it provides good and short connectivity in that it helps decongesting the Cyber Towers and Gachibowli roads. It is not the savings in kms, but the opportunity of stress free driving, especially when the Narne Road has gone to dogs over the past month.
I did go back home via DC Road last evening, but as Imran said, I got stuck this morning owing to a new blockade, and had to go via Cyber Towers.

Quote:
CAUTION:

Some kid was knocked over yesterday morning around 830 am and that caused those to come up---there are 3 of them near Hyderabad Kebabs in the vicinity of Nazim Jn. In any case, they are at a place where traffic generally moves very slowly.

Last edited by vnabhi : 23rd October 2009 at 12:18.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:25   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Some kid was knocked over yesterday morning around 830 am and that caused those to come up---there are 3 of them near Hyderabad Kebabs in the vicinity of Nazim Jn. In any case, they are at a place where traffic generally moves very slowly.
That is the worst possible reason to put up speed breakers. It only encourages people to jaywalk. As it is that stretch near Zahira nagar is a nightmare with hap-hazard parking, people nonchalantly crossing the road wherever they please etc. If they wanted to ensure safety of pedestrians, they would have (a) cleared the footpaths, (b) put protective railings along the foothpaths, (c) removed vehicles parked improperly (some are even parked in the corner) and (d) Provided clearly marked pedestrian crossings.

As Pulsar pointed out, only a moron would have put up speed-breakers. After Bangalore it is now Hyderabad's turn to get humped. After reading TSK's Leh travelogue I have come to look at humps in a new light!

Cheers,
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:34   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, that explains the stones on the road with black cloth hanging from a small stick! (another hazard on the roads these days)

Apart from those 3 which you have mentioned, expect 1 near the mosque, 2 near the income tax colony and 2 near the nursery school after that.

Quote:
As Pulsar pointed out, only a moron would have put up speed-breakers. After Bangalore it is now Hyderabad's turn to get humped. After reading TSK's Leh travelogue I have come to look at humps in a new light!
Oh Man! I am gonna get humped a lot number of times. I am putting the plans to shift to Bangalore on the back burner!

Last edited by pulsar56 : 23rd October 2009 at 12:35.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:38   #307
BHPian

Yes, saw those speed breakers. Also saw a couple of black flags supported by stones in the middle of the road near the Police quarters (that's Zaheera Nagar isn't it?). Was under the impression that some VIP had died as the last time I saw those were after the CM's helicopter crash.

Edit: Just saw Pulsar's post and yes those stones are a hazard alright. In fact I think vehicles are more careful about not touching them than while going over speedbreakers.

Last edited by straightdrive : 23rd October 2009 at 12:41.
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:48   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha, that is a good one. But the fact is that for those working in Ascendas (VBIT) and MindSpace areas, it provides good and short connectivity in that it helps decongesting the Cyber Towers and Gachibowli roads. It is not the savings in kms, but the opportunity of stress free driving, especially when the Narne Road has gone to dogs over the past month.
I did go back home via DC Road last evening, but as Imran said, I got stuck this morning owing to a new blockade, and had to go via Cyber Towers.
Totally agree with Vnabhi- its not about saving kms... i work in VBIT and it saves a lot of time when compared to taking the congested cyber towers route especially when you are taking a quick lunch or dinner break from work
Old 26th October 2009, 11:47   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

I used the Rd.10 this morning and within a span of 1/2km there are 6 speedbreakers

Not the friendly ones but those small, sharp and dangerous ones that make your intestines jiggle if you dont slow down
Old 26th October 2009, 16:20   #310
Team-BHP Support

Cinemax on Banjara Hills Rd #3 has inadequate parking.
If you arrive just 10 mins before a movie is to start, you have no option but to use the valet.
The car is then parked somewhere near the TDP office.

After the movie be prepared to wait another 15 minutes for them to get your car back.
Plus a parking charge of Rs 20/-

I am never going back to this theater.
Old 26th October 2009, 17:27   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Cinemax on Banjara Hills Rd #3 has inadequate parking.
If you arrive just 10 mins before a movie is to start, you have no option but to use the valet.
The car is then parked somewhere near the TDP office.

After the movie be prepared to wait another 15 minutes for them to get your car back.
Plus a parking charge of Rs 20/-

I am never going back to this theater.
bblost, yes you are right..also the movie experience is not that great ! I generally prefer to go PVR to avoid parking problems .
Old 26th October 2009, 17:46   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Another place where you have thugs out to loot you is Inox ( GVK One Mall).

They charge parking fees by the hour and by the time you finish some shopping,eating and a movie you may end up paying Rs.60 bucks for parking fees.

It happened with me twice and i was horrified. I will not go there again.

For me, Prasadz is the most ideal location since they have HUGE parking space, good screens and importantly better crowd.
Old 26th October 2009, 17:50   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I used the Rd.10 this morning and within a span of 1/2km there are 6 speedbreakers

Not the friendly ones but those small, sharp and dangerous ones that make your intestines jiggle if you dont slow down
Take the road on the way back home and you will find even more!

Quote:
I asked around and got the information on what exactly happened (even a PC confirmed the same):

A 12 year old kid was given the responsibility of dropping his brother at school on a bike. He did the job and was on his way back home at uncontrollable speed from Cancer hospital towards Income tax colony.
A Santro was taking a right turn from the by-lane before the Giordano shop. He slowed down as a truck was coming from Income Tax colony towards cancer hospital.

The kid on the bike, with his poor judgment and uncontrollable speed, rammed into the santro and got thrown under the truck's rear wheels and paid for it immediately.

And the final blow, A case of negligent driving has been slapped on the Truck Driver! (I would blame his irresponsible parents for this!)

And we all have to pay for this now with all those speed breakers.

There is an alternative route as below and one will spend less fuel by taking this road and then joining the cancer hospital junction.
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-option.jpg
Old 26th October 2009, 18:33   #314
BHPian

Quote:
...............A 12 year old kid was given the responsibility of dropping his brother at school on a bike........The kid on the bike, with his poor judgment and uncontrollable speed, rammed into the santro and got thrown under the truck's rear wheels and paid for it immediately...............And we all have to pay for this now with all those speed breakers..........
When I heard there'd been an accident involving a kid, leading to these speedbreakers coming up, I thought some speeding vehicle had run over a kid walking on the road.

Evidently someone in authority thinks high speed is the only reason for any accident and that speedbreakers will have a magical effect by teaching kids to ride better. They continue to treat the symptoms and not the disease.

Hope the cops at least spared the Santro driver and didn't file a case against him as well for blocking that kid's path!

Sad about the kid of course. Maybe this incident will have some effect on other parents in the locality who give their vehicles to their under-aged kids.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:35   #315
Senior - BHPian

Nazim, the alternative route you suggested has its own share of speed breakers near Kuna's Guest House.
Moreover it is longer, unless you turn right a bit before reaching KBR Park and merge with Rd # 2/3 near Pure and Natural.But taking that route would mean waiting at 2 signals--one at LVPEI and the other at Check Post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks