Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 13:21   #841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I did that on Thursday and avoided all the traffic. But I went beyond Appollo via Jubilee Hills Public School and missed some turning, and finally ended up at the Journalist Colony T Junction.
That happened once to me too, at night. The key is to get on to Rd #82 at the earliest possible opportunity - which would be bang opposite the approach road to BVBPS/JHPS and before the APFCC offices and temple. By the way, the median runs through that erstwhile intersection now and there's an FOB, which has considerably helped matters.

@Arcot: Today I took the "shorter" route besides the Lily school. This route would get totally waterlogged in the rains. BQ didn't scrape anywhere but boy, this route is even more treacherous than the one I took a video of! It's much shorter, but the entire stretch is "heart-in-mouth" kinds.

I think I know the route you take to get out on to the main road. It's better than these two except for a small stretch that has one high speed-breaker and some ruts (which BQ clears easily at around 3-5 kmph).

Regards,
spadix
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:19   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
That happened once to me too, at night. The key is to get on to Rd #82 at the earliest possible opportunity - which would be bang opposite the approach road to BVBPS/JHPS and before the APFCC offices and temple. By the way, the median runs through that erstwhile intersection now and there's an FOB, which has considerably helped matters.

@Arcot: Today I took the "shorter" route besides the Lily school. This route would get totally waterlogged in the rains. BQ didn't scrape anywhere but boy, this route is even more treacherous than the one I took a video of! It's much shorter, but the entire stretch is "heart-in-mouth" kinds.

I think I know the route you take to get out on to the main road. It's better than these two except for a small stretch that has one high speed-breaker and some ruts (which BQ clears easily at around 3-5 kmph).

Regards,
spadix
Spadix,

I have attached a route map from main road to my home and this is the road which i use to come out.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-map.jpg  

Old 24th November 2010, 15:44   #843
Senior - BHPian

Finally, the bad stretch near the Kondapur RTA has been repaired and new road has been laid. I had stopped taking this route for a long time due to this part of the bad stretch!

Found out about this yesterday evening as I braked out of habit (3 or 4 months) at the exact spot to slow down for the bad stretch!
Old 24th November 2010, 16:04   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Finally, the bad stretch near the Kondapur RTA has been repaired and new road has been laid. I had stopped taking this route for a long time due to this part of the bad stretch!
Somehow don't feel very enthusiastic after having learnt this.

One rain is all it takes.

Proof is the patch just in front of the Lingampally underpass (when approaching from BHEL).

Regards,
spadix
Old 2nd December 2010, 11:49   #845
BHPian

U-turn closed from raidurgam shell station towards Tolichowki

If you want to go from Raidurgam Shell petrol bunk towards Tolichowki, you have to take a u-turn after going a little towards the Hitec City rd junction. Earlier the BIG opening for the u-turn had 2 openings for each direction of u-turn traffic, but since the last 2-3 days, some wiseguy traffic engineer seems to have closed the turn for traffic turning towards tolichowki, and this traffic has to go till the next u-turn almost a kilometre away (it seemed) and take the turn which the traffic towards Hitec City rd takes.

Now, if it was just about driving a little further, I had no complaints since my drive in the Fiesta 1.6S is a pleasure but what miffed me is that now I have to wait my turn at three traffic jams instead of NONE earlier.

1. At the place where the u-turn is now blocked
2. Where I have to take the actual u-turn now
3. At the u-turn junction mentioned in pt 1, but now facing the opposite direction.

Pray why has this been done and any chance that the original order will be restored!

I've tried to post a few pics of the junction been closed with barricades and the ensuing traffic jams thereafter
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-img2010120100038.jpg  

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-img2010120100037.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2010, 16:07   #846
Distinguished - BHPian

@Neil, what they did was appropriate. Due to U-Turn, firstly it will reduce the 2-wheeler menace ( who are rash and no-rule follow riders) and secondly, it gives time for peak traffic to clear faster.

In the evening, two wheelers take whatever divider break they see to drive in "All Directions" and after 530pm, that road is absolutely havoc and I use that road almost daily.
Old 2nd December 2010, 17:20   #847
BHPian

@mobike But won't opening the part of the u-turn for traffic towards tolichowki make less traffic waiting to cross that junction at the other side. And since the traffic is blocked anyway with NOBODY able to go towards Tolichowki how will letting ppl actually take the u-turn make it worse.
And a couple of policemen are already stationed there doing nothing, why can't they stop the 2wheelers from blocking the wrong side of the u-turn.
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:25   #848
Senior - BHPian

I'm surprised nobody has commented about the newly-relaid road # 10 from Nazim Jn to Cancer Hospital. Most of those huge speed-breakers have been flattened quite a bit, and we can now drive in 3rd gear over them.

A welcome move, if you ask me. I'm sure mobike008 will agree as he too uses that route often. Pulsar56, it is time you returned to your earlier abode at Nazim Jn
Old 6th December 2010, 16:00   #849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'm surprised nobody has commented about the newly-relaid road # 10 from Nazim Jn to Cancer Hospital. Most of those huge speed-breakers have been flattened quite a bit, and we can now drive in 3rd gear over them.

A welcome move, if you ask me. I'm sure mobike008 will agree as he too uses that route often.
I did notice but only the speed breakers which fall in mid section of this road has been slightly flattened out. The ones at Hyderabad Kebab and ones after IT colony remain the same.

A welcome move albiet a small one!
Old 8th December 2010, 23:47   #850
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to HTP

The Hyderabad Traffic Police seems to have woken up from its slumber and is possessed to set right the errant drivers of Hyderabad.

In this regards there has been an increased presence of Traffic Policemen on the roads andactive as well. Now they have come up with a list of cars that have not paid their fine and are going to publish the list in newspapers and FB.

Here it is
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...1E&hl=en#gid=2

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?hl=en&pli=1#

Kudos to HTP for a much needed action.

Cheers
Old 9th December 2010, 09:43   #851
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Yes, Kudos to Mr. C.V.Anand and the HTP.

How can people drive so carelessly and pile up more than 60 challans in a year.? I am sure this must be deliberate actions by these chronic defaulters.
Old 9th December 2010, 10:00   #852
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Yes, Kudos to Mr. C.V.Anand and the HTP.

How can people drive so carelessly and pile up more than 60 challans in a year.? I am sure this must be deliberate actions by these chronic defaulters.
In that list there is a Govt vehicle also that has earned some 20+ challans. Would be interesting to see how HTP goes about recovering dues from them.

BTW you can contact HTP at the phone numbers given in the link. C V Anand's mobile number is also there. Contact Us - Hyderabad Traffic Police
Old 9th December 2010, 10:59   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The Hyderabad Traffic Police seems to have woken up from its slumber and is possessed to set right the errant drivers of Hyderabad.
Now they have come up with a list of cars that have not paid their fine and are going to publish the list in newspapers and FB.

Here it is
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...1E&hl=en#gid=2

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?hl=en&pli=1#
Kudos to HTP for a much needed action.
Cheers
This is truly welcome!!
A step in the right direction, specifically that they have advertised this in press and FM radio's. I like the steps they have mentioned as punitive actions if the dues are not paid.
This will help a lot to correct the errant drivers if pursued seriously.
Old 9th December 2010, 12:05   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
In that list there is a Govt vehicle also that has earned some 20+ challans. Would be interesting to see how HTP goes about recovering dues from them.

BTW you can contact HTP at the phone numbers given in the link. C V Anand's mobile number is also there. Contact Us - Hyderabad Traffic Police
Reg. Govt. Vehicle : Are you talking about the forest dept qualis in line 79 and Sl. No. 76 of the list?

Just an idle thought, does HTP challan Police vehicles and if yes, do the offending Police pay their challans?
Old 9th December 2010, 12:52   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Just an idle thought, does HTP challan Police vehicles and if yes, do the offending Police pay their challans?
Technically they should if the concerned vehicle is not on any kind of emergency duty. And the cop driving the vehicle should pay. But then as perks with each job goes, I guess in their case, not being challaned is one amongst many other freebies :P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks