Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2015, 08:46   #8281
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Took 1 hour yesterday to crawl 400 meters. On the service road from the Ecoworld exit to the Ecospace entrance - reason a heavy rain and water logging. Even big buses were trying to avoid a small pool of water, causing unnecessary crawling traffic. Also heard that a college bus had ran into an open drainage in Bellandur.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 09:19   #8282
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this new 'innovative' idea of traffic cops yesterday morning around 8:45am:
Tin factory junction is a major mess every day and cops are usually present at the junction of the service road (going towards the KR Puram Railway station), Old Madras Road and the hanging bridge up ramp (towards KR Puram). They find it really difficult to bring things under control when they're here, so they took positions about 200m before this junction where the Outer Ring Road down ramp (coming down from Kasturi nagar/Rammurthy nagar side) and Old Madras Road junction (opposite Pai Layout). They created a 'manual signal' of sorts and did the stop-wait-go routine at this junction so that traffic is not so messy at the next junction (near hanging bridge) where they were positioned earlier. I had my doubts about this arrangement but it seemed to kind of work and ease the mess and overall was quite a smooth drive to whitefield yesterday morning (I took the hanging bridge and Devasandra route).
However, this wasn't functional today, wonder what happened ? I was at the Tin factory junction around 8:15am so maybe I was early ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 14:14   #8283
Senior - BHPian

Today around 11 AM was chaos near the karnataka bank branch at marathalli (just down the road from the underpass with the temple on the side). Red swift broke down right in the middle lane.

Everybody is crawling along and suddenly this ritz decides to go into the right lane as he sees a small gap develop there. About one or two car lengths no more. Spur of the moment decision, no indicator or anything, of course.

Simultaenously a trucker in the right lane decided that can exploit the gap and sped up. Only to slam on the brakes as soon as he saw the ritz - which missed sideswiping the truck by a whisker.

End result - one too dumb to be this lucky ritz driver in the right lane, fuming trucker just behind him. That guy is lucky the truck had proper and almost new tyres, not the typical several times retreaded and bald tyres you run across in sub 1 ton local use only trucks.
Old 2nd June 2015, 14:45   #8284
Team-BHP Support

Unexpected good fortune yesterday. I was expecting a nightmare commute given the evening showers.

Left office in Doddanekundi at 8.45 PM, took the HAL-Richmond Road-Lalbagh-Basavangudi-BSK route home, very sparse traffic and home @ 9.25 PM. 26 kms in 40 mins.

Must be some sort of record for that route at that time of day.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd June 2015 at 14:46.
Old 2nd June 2015, 15:09   #8285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Took 1 hour yesterday to crawl 400 meters. On the service road from the Ecoworld exit to the Ecospace entrance - reason a heavy rain and water logging. Even big buses were trying to avoid a small pool of water, causing unnecessary crawling traffic. Also heard that a college bus had ran into an open drainage in Bellandur.
Yeah I was also stuck in the same part for more than an hour, with my Car's Distance to Empty as 5 Km :-P

I think its useless to expect anything from the useless BBMP. they were supposed to make this corridor signal free, but as somebody said, its signal free, not traffic jam free

I have taken out my cycle from today, enough of getting stuck in traffic
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 15:23   #8286
Senior - BHPian

I got talking to a person who used to work with BWSSB officials before and still had a few friends at the BWSSB.

Not so surprisingly, this person was as flummoxed as I am when BWSSB shows up and digs up a road immediately after BBMP has laid one.

He had asked his BWSSB friends about why they do this. Obviously, they have the same common sense that we do to know they are digging up a newly laid road. His answer was staggering:

Before the road is laid, the roads are dirty. Full of muck, slush, grime and filth. So instead of working in these filthy conditions, they just wait for the road to be laid and then go digging since all the filth is now cleaned up!

Also, the Varthur Main Road was just laid a few weeks ago. After the battering rains, there are numerous potholes and the entrance to Marathahalli Bridge has gone from bad to worse!
Old 2nd June 2015, 16:16   #8287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
... find it really difficult to bring things under control when they're here, so they took positions about 200m before this junction where the Outer Ring Road down ramp (coming down from Kasturi nagar/Rammurthy nagar side) and Old Madras Road junction (opposite Pai Layout). ...
They did this some months ago. I went through this yesterday as well.
Prefer this to stop-and-then-move-200mtsago .
But unfortunately, such wisdoms dont last long !
Old 2nd June 2015, 16:43   #8288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Before the road is laid, the roads are dirty. Full of muck, slush, grime and filth. So instead of working in these filthy conditions, they just wait for the road to be laid and then go digging since all the filth is now cleaned up!
Atleast its not a secret deal between the contractor & BWSSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Also, the Varthur Main Road was just laid a few weeks ago. After the battering rains, there are numerous potholes and the entrance to Marathahalli Bridge has gone from bad to worse!
The Varthur road potholes are back with a vengeance, its like a stairway to hell.
If one is not careful, the vehicle as well as your back could get damaged (for 4 wheelers) and for 2 wheelers, I better not say it aloud.

In case anyone see a puddle on Varthur road, please drive around it.
Old 2nd June 2015, 17:08   #8289
BHPian

There is a rumour going around in ecospace that Accenture lost a project to a competitor because the prospective client was stuck in a 2.5 hour long traffic jam INSIDE ecospace campus.
kiran_cr is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 22:51   #8290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Took 1 hour yesterday to crawl 400 meters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
There is a rumour going around in ecospace that Accenture lost a project to a competitor because the prospective client was stuck in a 2.5 hour long traffic jam INSIDE ecospace campus.
Probably its time companies start shifting out of that campus.
Old 2nd June 2015, 23:57   #8291
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I am interested to know which other IT company did take that project.

One of the reason for yesterdays jam was a bus stuck in drain near New Horizon College.

Got this image as a forward on WhatsApp, its of Kadubeesinahalli overpass next to JP Morgan on ORR.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20150602wa0002.jpg
mpksuhas is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 11:47   #8292
Distinguished - BHPian

Banerghatta & Sarjapura road evening news again!

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...idened039.html
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:45   #8293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Means a year or two of absolute chaos on that road - it is narrow and crowded as it is, with heavy bus and truck traffic along with cars going to the st. patricks school, total mall, spencers, big bazaar, reliance digital, various complexes along that route etc.

I can see that the even narrower NR layout road near motherhood hospital, connecting to NH7 under the Bellandur bridge (near Mast Kalandar) is going to get even more popular than it already is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Govt will spend over 150 cr of taxpayers money to compensate property owners affected by the road widening.

The roadside will then be used for parking cars, auto, private buses, etc. The road is just fine as it is.
Don't forget all the roadside vendors. The area near total mall / spencers = a mess, with carts and even tata ace trucks selling mangoes, vegetables etc. And everybody parks on the street to avoid forking over Rs. 20 to the mall management, deal with "no visitor parking" issues at nearby apartments etc.

Last edited by hserus : 3rd June 2015 at 12:51.
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:48   #8294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Govt will spend over 150 cr of taxpayers money to compensate property owners affected by the road widening.

The roadside will then be used for parking cars, auto, private buses, etc. The road is just fine as it is.
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 14:34   #8295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Well, I am interested to know which other IT company did take that project.

One of the reason for yesterdays jam was a bus stuck in drain near New Horizon College.

Got this image as a forward on WhatsApp, its of Kadubeesinahalli overpass next to JP Morgan on ORR.

Attachment 1377919
How old is this image? There are colleagues who claim that this never happens anymore and must be years old image.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks