Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2015, 22:30   #8176
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Really bad experience today ... Started from office (old madras road) at 5:15pm and reached home (JP Nagar) at 8pm :(

The weird thing was that there was slow moving traffic near Ulsoor lake, richmond town etc but no water logging or tree fallen down on the road (atleast on my route).
Old 1st May 2015, 22:28   #8177
BHPian

Quite excited about staying in Bangalore this extended weekend. Everybody on the road was driving calmly. Even the yellow-boards.

Reminds me of a bygone era' Bangalore.
nareshov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 22:59   #8178
Senior - BHPian

Went out on a day trip to Yelagiri (TN). Got royally stuck for an hour at one of the toll booths. Expected, as the entire population of Bangalore were going out of the city due to the long weekend !!

While returning in the evening, entering Bangalore, right from Hosur / TN Border was a breeze !!

TN border to BTM Residence, 30 mins flat. including no traffic at EC Toll booth or SilkBoard
Old 4th May 2015, 09:17   #8179
BHPian

Bit OT in here.

Had to reach Bangalore Cantonment Railway Station tomorrow early morning to pick up relatives. I will be travelling from Kolar to Pick them up.

Can anyone guide me the route to the place ? If I remember my grey cells right, I can reach MG Road from Old Airport Road, Via Hope Farm. Beyond that, I am lost .

Your guidance will be really helpful
Old 4th May 2015, 09:31   #8180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Bit OT in here.

Had to reach Bangalore Cantonment Railway Station tomorrow early morning to pick up relatives. I will be travelling from Kolar to Pick them up.

Can anyone guide me the route to the place ? If I remember my grey cells right, I can reach MG Road from Old Airport Road, Via Hope Farm. Beyond that, I am lost .

Your guidance will be really helpful

Why take the Old Airport Road? Just drive through to Hoskote>Old Madras Road>Ulsoor Lake>St John's Road>Cantonment Station and go back the same route. If it's an early morning pick-up, I'm sure it will be a smooth drive.
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 09:34   #8181
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Due to the 1 way effective on that road, the station can only be reached from the Vasanthnagar/Jayamahal side.
Since you're coming from Kolar, you need not go to Old Airport Road, Hope Farm, M G Road to get to Cantonment Railway Station
Continue on Old Madras Road via K R Puram, stay on this road till you reach Ulsoor Lake. Turn right onto Kensington Road just after the RMZ Millenia building near Ulsoor Lake (there is a signal here). Go via MEG, and at the war memorial circle, turn right and keep going straight on St.Johns Church Road.
Go below the Millers Bridge and the end of the road will curve to left near Jayamahal. Once you make the almost complete left U turn you will be right in front of the Railway station. For the return, continue straight on same road beyond the Railway station and take the immediate right turn to reach Queens Road and MG Road, rest should be easy. Hope this helps.

Last edited by NPV : 4th May 2015 at 09:36.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 09:41   #8182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cantonment is among the few elderly-friendly stations I know of; with no foot overbridges required for any platform access. Since your relatives are arriving (presumably from the Baiyappanahalli side), they'll be getting out of the MG Road side of the station. The easiest way probably then is to come along Old Madras Road (NH 4) all the way till Trinity junction (1 MG Road Mall and Trinity Church are landmarks); turn right and then the left fork at the next Y junction; go along the edge of Ulsoor lake for 2 roundabouts and take the first exit at the 3rd one (St. John's Church Road); keep going straight till the point where this road goes under a set of railway lines. Here, if I recall correctly the left up ramp takes you along this railway line all the way till Cantonment station. Even if it doesn't, go further along till a second railway underpass arrives; take a left turn after this underpass and you are in front of Cantonment station.

Coming via MG Road might be a bit difficult due to the metro construction and one-ways here - if you are not familiar with the layout already.

Last edited by binand : 4th May 2015 at 09:42.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 11:26   #8183
Distinguished - BHPian

No reports about BWSSB Work at Cauvery Theatre Junction?
Well, BTP Reports that its jammed.
A lovely way to start your Monday!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1430718941118.jpg  

Old 4th May 2015, 11:33   #8184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
No reports about BWSSB Work at Cauvery Theatre Junction?
Well, BTP Reports that its jammed.
A lovely way to start your Monday!!!
Forgot to put that here! Had seen the work going on when I passed by the spot at 6.45 AM. Already then, a pileup had started. A big portion of the road has been dug up to rectify some water pipe leak issue.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 14:23   #8185
Distinguished - BHPian

Everything is back to normal now. Of course, the patch remains that effectively blocks a lane but from what It looked like, cops have removed a portion of median to accommodate traffic heading towards city exactly where the Cauvery Magic box underpass merges.
Old 6th May 2015, 17:07   #8186
BHPian

Huge truck breakdown on Whitefield road, near the Honda showroom, had the differential out, so expect it to be there for quite some time
Old 7th May 2015, 09:26   #8187
BHPian

There was an accident near Central Mall Bellandur ORR. A Tempo Traveler had hit the road divider. Expect some traffic jam near this place.

Last edited by meetbadri : 7th May 2015 at 09:35.
Old 8th May 2015, 11:06   #8188
BHPian

Multi car pileup seen today at 10:30 AM on the downhill section near railway underpass on ORR going from Marathahalli to Doddanekkundi. I could spot an Indica, Vento, Swift and Polo involved. Maybe there were more. Painfullly slow moving traffic on this side of the road. Rubberneckers causing slow traffic on the other side as well. No pics.
Old 9th May 2015, 12:35   #8189
Senior - BHPian

Global tenders have been called for executing three elevated toll road projects --
1) Silk Board to Hebbal (16 km) ;
2) KR Puram to Gorguntepalya (21 km) and
3) Jnanabharathi to Whitefield (27 km)

Wish they construct these roads with adequate lanes and smooth exits.

Link: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...clares-rs.html
Old 11th May 2015, 16:05   #8190
Team-BHP Support

Tempo Traveller rear-ended a BMTC Volvo on the down-ramp from Ecospace (towards Marathahalli), noticed around 3PM. TT front completely smashed, and the usual shenanigans were on. Should hopefully be cleared before evening rush hour.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks