Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 15:52   #8311
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

@black_rider: same non-sense at several places in the "city."
Typical places:
- right near entry/exits of flyovers where the service road users are usually disadvantaged.
examples: Domlur flyover
- right after/before a traffic signal junction
examples: almost every junction on the southern part of ORR

it's not only the BMTC buses, but the private ones too.
Old 4th June 2015, 16:01   #8312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
The traffic choke up yesterday from golf course to mekhri circle was extremely frustrating to say the least.
Agree. I left office at 6 pm from UB city, reached my home at Anand Nagar (9.5kms) in 1.15 hours.
What usually takes about 40-50 minutes took unusually long. It actually started from inside the Vidhana Souda. A traffic cop made us stop for about 15 minutes for reasons best known to him. The next stop at Chalukya also was about 5-7 minutes. The golf course took another 15 minutes..Made me curse all the VVIPS of this country from the bottom of my heart, if the jam was due to their movement. I still don't know what was the reason for the jam.
Old 4th June 2015, 16:10   #8313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
There is a rumour going around in ecospace that Accenture lost a project to a competitor because the prospective client was stuck in a 2.5 hour long traffic jam INSIDE ecospace campus.
This is quite possible. I was once stuck inside Ecospace for about 1.5 hours, and the traffic jam started from the Accenture basement parking. I'm so glad that I dont work for Accenture anymore!
Old 4th June 2015, 17:00   #8314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Agree. I left office at 6 pm from UB city, reached my home at Anand Nagar (9.5kms) in 1.15 hours.
What usually takes about 40-50 minutes took unusually long. It actually started from inside the Vidhana Souda. A traffic cop made us stop for about 15 minutes for reasons best known to him. The next stop at Chalukya also was about 5-7 minutes. The golf course took another 15 minutes..Made me curse all the VVIPS of this country from the bottom of my heart, if the jam was due to their movement. I still don't know what was the reason for the jam.
I saw a lot of cops when I crossed the golf course at 11 last night. Traffic was piled up from Cauvery theatre junction till Windsor Manor. It could be because of some VVIP movement towards airport.
Old 4th June 2015, 17:39   #8315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I saw a lot of cops when I crossed the golf course at 11 last night. Traffic was piled up from Cauvery theatre junction till Windsor Manor. It could be because of some VVIP movement towards airport.
Was this last night or on day before night.

BETL closed, Stretch from Gangenahalli-Hebbal - Closed (Use Service roads), KIAL Elevated tollway - Closed (Use Service roads).

There were loads and loads of youngsters on Bike doing all stunts and cops were stopping them or these chaps were making U turns and running away.

Each and every major junction or the place where the barricades were installed had huge cops' presence (Traffic cops).
Old 4th June 2015, 17:44   #8316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

BETL closed, Stretch from Gangenahalli-Hebbal - Closed (Use Service roads), KIAL Elevated tollway - Closed (Use Service roads).

There were loads and loads of youngsters on Bike doing all stunts and cops were stopping them or these chaps were making U turns and running away.

Each and every major junction or the place where the barricades were installed had huge cops' presence (Traffic cops).
It was last night. Usually I never see policemen near Windsor manor or at Cauvery theatre junction at that time. But saw a bunch of them yesterday and they had opened the road opposite to Cauvery theatre towards Mekhri circle to ease the traffic.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 18:33   #8317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
It was last night. Usually I never see policemen near Windsor manor or at Cauvery theatre junction at that time. But saw a bunch of them yesterday and they had opened the road opposite to Cauvery theatre towards Mekhri circle to ease the traffic.
Check the link http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../47532780.cms?
sbalagru6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 19:13   #8318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Yes, I did go through the same this morning.

However, there was a festivity angle to this as well. I noticed this as I drove from EC to Vidyaranyapura that night. This is not the first time it has happened (Sea of bikers on the festive night) but the cops barricading all the elevated and fast stretches was something I saw for the first time (Barring New Year's eve).

The maximum crowd had gathered near Esteem Mall at almost 12 midnight. Cops were waiting with Lathis just where the KIAL Elevated road begins and the service lane splits towards Kodigehalli Junction.
Old 4th June 2015, 19:58   #8319
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Sheer frustration caused me to walk up to the Traffic Police box at Tin Factory and ask the policeman over there as to why do they allow buses to pick passengers on KR puram bridge.

First of all, its not a bus stop. And it causes traffic to back up for kilometers on the ORR and OMR. The traffic police had themselves placed signs for buses not to stop there a few months back. The guy said he's helpless and I should put up a complaint on facebook.
I have posted numerous complaints on FB for this particular reason, some with photos but none of them were addressed. There is a bigger nexus at play here.
Old 4th June 2015, 21:05   #8320
BHPian

Quote:
There is a rumour going around in ecospace that Accenture lost a project to a competitor because the prospective client was stuck in a 2.5 hour long traffic jam INSIDE ecospace campus.
Happy to hear. Happy, as these instances would trigger some action from the company and the landlords to do something hapless workers in the facility and everyone else on the road. At the least, Accenture wouldn't expand in that campus .

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
...Wasnt this percieved to be a no signal corridor?
...Why is there no skywalk ...

...The traffic jam starts nowadays from the HSR layout flyover, 40 min to cross 3 KM! I run faster than that!!!
Bangalore' interpretation:
Signal Free: Signal free means that there would be a continuous long traffic. Signal free corridor is one where you traverse several KMs in first or second gear without encountering any stoppage in form of signals.
Skywalk: A piece of infra that needs few human beings to be run over to be conceived as idea by authorities. Once built, it is used by ajar hawkers as a makeshift market, while pedestrians do athletic training on the road with jumps and sprints.
3 KM in 40 mins? Mate, you would walk faster than that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
@black_rider: same non-sense at several places in the "city."
...it's not only the BMTC buses, but the private ones too.
Same logic everywhere. Have bus stop just before where the traffic would slow down and ensure a pile up! Private buses create a huge ruckus in KR Puram, waiting for the 100th passenger (and delaying 100 cars behind!).
Old 5th June 2015, 10:40   #8321
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Because of this innovative method, today morning @ 8:30 traffic got backed up as far as Ramamurthy Nagar signal
The same arrangement was in effect this morning as well and traffic on Old Madras Road was backed up till Gopalan Signature mall/Big Bazaar. After 10 minutes, it started moving, then a mini 2-3 delay at the Nagavarapalya/Benniganahalli junction and then it was an open road till the hanging bridge junction since the down ramp traffic was stopped by the cops! I'm quite sure traffic would have backed up till Ramamurthy Nagar due to this.
I usually take the hanging bridge-KR Puram-Devasandra route but seeing that the service lane was free from the usually maddening criss-cross traffic scene I took the service road to go via KR Puram Railway station. After that, the usual bottlenecks near Phoenix mall, Decathlon, Hoodi ensured I reach office in about 45 minutes.
Old 5th June 2015, 11:11   #8322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post

Mornings are another pain. The traffic jam starts nowadays from the HSR layout flyover, 40 min to cross 3 KM! I run faster than that!!!
Vehicles zip past at the beginning of the agara flyover, only to suddenly brake due to heavy traffic that has piled up all the way from iblur. I have tried all time slots between 8am-12 pm, there is absolutely no difference in traffic on this stretch. I have been driving AT for the past 2 years on this same stretch (hsr layout to ecospace) and my stress levels have come down a lot. I take the right most lane, never in a hurry to reach office, at the most I lose 10-15 minutes.

Quote:
I work in Block 3B, see that accenture office is functioning in Block 1A or B?. Are there more offices inside? That would be a lot of pain daily to endure.

They should plan an flyover that would branch off from bellandhur flyover and land directly into ecospace.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 5th June 2015 at 11:15. Reason: Edit
Old 5th June 2015, 11:33   #8323
Senior - BHPian

Having read that there are 80,000 vehicles in Ecospace alone, its a planned mess ! Prestige tech park near Kadubeesanahalli is seeing a similar problem with the bridge over underpass getting tied in knots.
Even with flyovers we could still see problems since the volume is too much unless you have more than 8 lanes one way!
Old 5th June 2015, 11:41   #8324
Senior - BHPian

Roads have become really pathetic in most parts on south and south-east Bangalore including outer ring road, hosur road, sarjapur road etc. Even the BETL flyover has quite a few really rough patches now. And we just had a few days of rain! Imagine the condition after a few weeks of monsoon Does anybody care in this city ? BBMP is busy in getting their new set of corrupt officials and BDA seems to be sleeping. RTO guys are busy raiding premises for out-of-station cars and police folks are busy extracting money from truckers and two wheelers.

Last edited by vasoo : 5th June 2015 at 11:42.
Old 5th June 2015, 11:48   #8325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I work in Block 3B, see that accenture office is functioning in Block 1A or B?. Are there more offices inside? That would be a lot of pain daily to endure.[
Yes, there are three buildings at the end of Pritech park inside Ecospace. Drive 2kms from Ecospace gate towards inside. Been there, suffered that. :-(

Quote:
They should plan an flyover that would branch off from bellandhur flyover and land directly into ecospace.
Makes sense !!!

OT:: In my current company, our project (approx 700 resources) is moving from a shady building inside Vydehi Hospital premises, to a swanky building inside Prestige Shantiniketan.
Reason: Client hated the building maintenance (rats, leaking toilets, etc) and traffic (Kundanahalli to Vydehi junction).
Guess Client hasn't seen the chaos outside PSN

How is the jam outside PSN these days ?
Wise to go via SAP Laps - Vydehi Junction - Big Bazaar route ?
Or wiser to take straight from Graphite India - Hoodi - PSN ?

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 5th June 2015 at 11:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks