Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 11:22   #751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Sad to hear that sam boy. Educated morons are the worst curse to bangalore traffic.
I remember once encountering a junk s/w engg (not that i am not one) who jumped a signal along with the bus. I was with my wife and put the bike in front of soft engg's car and went over his window to ask his qualification! He was way too much arrogant and hence had to take a mouthful from me in front of his wife! Then he apologized!
One super case:
It is green for the pedestrians at a cross and hence everyone was standing! One moron who was in front of me started his shogun and blasted; one more moron from the left signal too blasted! Result: collision! All of them educated fools!! These are only a couple of the many ones that we see daily I guess!!
Old 13th August 2009, 11:37   #752
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
when I was about to explode I saw his id card .. He is some one from my office .. so I controlled myself
If he wasn't hanging your office ID card, then it would be some other company's. Its all same.
BTW, controlling one's anger is a virtue.
Old 14th August 2009, 00:17   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I have never understood this and I have given up. There is always a sense of urgency amongst road users when it is about to rain or raining. The chaos is out there to see for everyone of us.
In this case what is the hurry if one is just returning home. Its not as if you are getting late or something. Its just home. Its understood that you might get late 'on you way to work' but, while returning we should relax, listen to some light cheerful music or some soothing lecture by a Godman, or something like that. Let the hurrying bit be with the cabbies alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
+2

Try catching him today in office (assuming this happened yesterday evening).
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
If he wasn't hanging your office ID card, then it would be some other company's. Its all same.
BTW, controlling one's anger is a virtue.
Guys , I know there are a lot of questions regarding why I did not ask him to pay. Let me clarify, Even I regret on the same.

But this kind of incident happened for the first time to me. Next time I will definitely remember.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:27   #754
BHPian

Sirji, try driving in rains on a two-wheeler when going or coming from work.
- You get wet
- You get chill all over due to the wind chill
- Helmet visors become all hazy and foggy and there is no defogger inside them.
- The roads become slippery.

The only time when u dont speed up on an impending rain is when you are with your better-half or gf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Maybe because a short downpour turns Bangalore roads into rivers

But still, this is especially true for two wheelers. Ever noticed how they seem to get possessed as soon as a raindrop falls on their helmet?
Old 14th August 2009, 13:38   #755
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Sirji, try driving in rains on a two-wheeler when going or coming from work.
- You get wet
- You get chill all over due to the wind chill
- Helmet visors become all hazy and foggy and there is no defogger inside them.
- The roads become slippery.

The only time when u dont speed up on an impending rain is when you are with your better-half or gf.
Sirjee, I am confused so you are justifying the speeding up in rain on a two wheeler? because all the points you mentioned should actually stop you doing exactly that.
Old 14th August 2009, 14:13   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Sirjee, I am confused so you are justifying the speeding up in rain on a two wheeler? because all the points you mentioned should actually stop you doing exactly that.

Not speeding during a rain, but speeding when there is an impending rain. During rain, I just stop in the nearest bus stop and wait it out, or just drive out enjoying the rain soaking me LOL. (in slower speeds, that is)

Last edited by santhosh_kumard : 14th August 2009 at 14:16.
Old 14th August 2009, 14:18   #757
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Not speeding during a rain, but speeding when there is an impending rain.
So its better to potentially kill/maim yourself by over speeding but not get wet.

The logic defeats me.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2009, 00:43   #758
BHPian

Was going from koramangala to Bellandur, I was surprised to see the antics of the B7R ! he actually went off-road from the left at around 40 kmph and then came back onto the road! This is at the junction of sarjapur road and outerring road where the bus takes a left to go to marathalli!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20090814182932.jpg  

Old 15th August 2009, 00:45   #759
Senior - BHPian

No wonder these buses start looking like a battered metal can so soon. Treat them like tanks, and drive them around creating havoc! Thats what these guys do best.
Old 15th August 2009, 01:22   #760
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
Was going from koramangala to Bellandur, I was surprised to see the antics of the B7R ! he actually went off-road from the left at around 40 kmph and then came back onto the road!
I see the road on left is un-tarred. Whats wrong in driving over there?
Old 15th August 2009, 12:35   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I see the road on left is un-tarred. Whats wrong in driving over there?
Probably the way he is muscling his way back onto the road.
Old 15th August 2009, 13:19   #762
Team-BHP Support

Now Hosur road. The Volvo's are the worst driven vehicles on all roads in bangalore. They use the bus as a battering ram.

Everytime they jump from service lane to main road at will without bothering about traffic on main road. They weave like crazy. They don't let anyone overtake. You cannot be in adjacent lane of a B7R because he will side swipe you.
Old 15th August 2009, 13:31   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Now Hosur road. The Volvo's are the worst driven vehicles on all roads in bangalore. They use the bus as a battering ram.

Everytime they jump from service lane to main road at will without bothering about traffic on main road. They weave like crazy. They don't let anyone overtake. You cannot be in adjacent lane of a B7R because he will side swipe you.
+100000000 to that.
Same story on Bannerghatta road also. They drive in the middle of the road and wont let you overtake them. At Hulimavu, they stop also in the middle of the road, blocking all traffic.
Old 15th August 2009, 13:39   #764
BHPian

^^ guys what is the answer to this bus issue then - have bus lanes? Like the ones they keep cribbing about in top gear.
Infact they tried bus lanes in pune and i think that worked, but people hate to see empty bus lanes when they are stuck in traffic. Ofcourse there are s*hits who take their 2 wheelers on the bus lane (or footpaths)
Old 15th August 2009, 13:42   #765
Senior - BHPian

Auto lanes were tried in Bangalore. Everyone except autos use that lane!!

Most Viewed