Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2014, 15:31   #7351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Bit of a bummer for me. My son goes for football classes near there during weekends. Now to drop him I have to take a fairly long detour, looks like.
A detour wouldn't hurt on petrol or time on a weekend with fairly less traffic.
Old 19th December 2014, 08:37   #7352
BHPian

How come there are no rants or updates for the last 3 days?
Here is my experience in Whitefield area precisely around Graphite India junction for the last two days. Median opposite to Telerad Rx Dx hospital is closed permanently. Still I see some 2 wheeler morons crossing the small/negligible divider, this is mainly due the above closure. Last week has been mixed bag for me in terms of travel time in this area. Yesterday evening traffic movement was decent, but a day before it was crawling from Ginger hotel to Graphite junction (this is around 6 PM both days). I really don't understand why there was so much variation? I am sure there were no breakdowns for last two days.

Any update on the Kundalahalli underpass work commencement? Sometime back there was some discussion going on to divert the traffic from Vydehi jn-Borewell road - Siddapur- Munekollal - ORR (bypassing Kundalahalli and Marathalli junctions). Any news on this?

Any update on Devasandra road functioning? Is it open or still repair/construction work is going on?
Old 19th December 2014, 09:20   #7353
Senior - BHPian

Had a surprisingly nice and peaceful drive from BTM 2nd stage to Vydehi junction !!
Started at 7:35 AM. Dropped wife at ITPL and came back to Vydehi junction at 8:40 AM !!
Just 1 hour in peak traffic !! Mighty impressed with traffic management !!
Old 19th December 2014, 09:50   #7354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Here is my experience in Whitefield area precisely around Graphite India junction for the last two days. Median opposite to Telerad Rx Dx hospital is closed permanently. Still I see some 2 wheeler morons crossing the small/negligible divider, this is mainly due the above closure. Last week has been mixed bag for me in terms of travel time in this area. Yesterday evening traffic movement was decent, but a day before it was crawling from Ginger hotel to Graphite junction (this is around 6 PM both days). I really don't understand why there was so much variation? I am sure there were no breakdowns for last two days.

Any update on the Kundalahalli underpass work commencement? Sometime back there was some discussion going on to divert the traffic from Vydehi jn-Borewell road - Siddapur- Munekollal - ORR (bypassing Kundalahalli and Marathalli junctions). Any news on this?

Any update on Devasandra road functioning? Is it open or still repair/construction work is going on?
The day before a saw that a Scorpio had broken down in the fast lane opposite Radha Hometel. That was the reason for the jam. I was coming from the opposite direction when I noticed this.

Traffic has been pretty okay of late - a far cry from a few months ago.
Old 19th December 2014, 10:23   #7355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Here is my experience in Whitefield area precisely around Graphite India junction for the last two days. Median opposite to Telerad Rx Dx hospital is closed permanently.
Perhaps as a fallout of the new experiment, the approach stretch to Kundanhalli junction after you come down the marathahalli flyover is much better. I take a left from the junction to go to embassy paragon and seen this stretch to be in better shape than it used to be
Old 21st December 2014, 00:16   #7356
BHPian

Looks like this Thread is on holiday mood.

Here is my rant for today.

Today while driving on ORR (from KR Puram towards Hebbal). There was this well educated (atleast looked so) and self proclaimed boss riding his bullet at 40 speed in middle of the road. Flashed and honked once, no reply. Ultimately I had to cut him off and pushed him towards left. Still he does not understand his mistake. Later follows me for a quite a distance, to see who is driving.
To his unfortunate it was a guy and not any pretty girl

Why dont riders/drivers understand that, either you keep up with the speed if you are on 1st and 2nd lane; else ride slowly on the left most lane. Why block the traffic ??
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 10:34   #7357
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday morning around 09.00 AM while driving down from MG road towards Marathahalli there was a huge traffic block near Command hospital on Old airport road. Was wondering what caused the issue since a jam at this time on a weekend is unusual.
Police was already on scene and diverting traffic to other carriageway. Few meters ahead saw the reason. A truck has fallen in the pothole near command hospital. Road surface over that turn was bad since few weeks and unfortunately road work has stopped few meters before this pothole.

Felt bad for the trucker and the hapless police personal who has to manage the mess while the people responsible for the same (BBMP) are enjoying their time somewhere else.

Today saw the hole filled with mud today morning, not sure how long it is going to hold up.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20141220_002.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 10:58   #7358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yesterday morning around 09.00 AM while driving down from MG road towards Marathahalli there was a huge traffic block near Command hospital on Old airport road. Was wondering what caused the issue since a jam at this time on a weekend is unusual.
Police was already on scene and diverting traffic to other carriageway. Few meters ahead saw the reason. A truck has fallen in the pothole near command hospital. Road surface over that turn was bad since few weeks and unfortunately road work has stopped few meters before this pothole.

Felt bad for the trucker and the hapless police personal who has to manage the mess while the people responsible for the same (BBMP) are enjoying their time somewhere else.

Today saw the hole filled with mud today morning, not sure how long it is going to hold up.

Attachment 1320524
Tomorrow morning will be fun on this road. On Friday I saw roads around Domlur was being repaired. Thought this patch will also be fixed. :(
Old 21st December 2014, 16:02   #7359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Tomorrow morning will be fun on this road. On Friday I saw roads around Domlur was being repaired. Thought this patch will also be fixed. :(
Also it is high time the Madiwala fly over is repaired. The ramp portions are broken at many places and even the expansion joints act as speedbreakers
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 23:56   #7360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1320524
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Even I traveled on this stretch around 12.30 PM yesterday and it was covered with stone and mud, but still it was unevenly dumped and the vehicles had to almost stop and then proceed.

Also they are tarring the entire stretch from Domlur till the signal where you take a right to MG Road. But I was really shocked to see such a state of the road and the officials are taking there own sweet time to repair them and it is really risky for 2 wheeler's who take this route everyday. And I wonder why this stretch was not tarred when the HAL to Marathalli stretch was tarred during Modi's visit to Bangalore
Old 22nd December 2014, 09:24   #7361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
And I wonder why this stretch was not tarred when the HAL to Marathalli stretch was tarred during Modi's visit to Bangalore
I guess Modi took a different route (Via Indiranagar - Domlur) for return. Even the Marthahalli route was not tarred for the same, they had only tarred till departure gate of HAL for his visit. The Marthahalli - HAL signal route was tarred in later days.
Also, the newly tarred road is already dug up at multiple places - Near Carlton towers, just before Manipal hospital & near HAL helicopter division.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 20:37   #7362
Senior - BHPian

I think there was an accident on Old Airport Road involving a Tata Indica today. I saw it on the side towards Marathahalli at around 8:15PM. But the car was facing towards MG Road side. Seemed liked a nasty accident, I could see bits of the bumper on the footpath and a lot of people standing around.

Any one with any details?
Old 22nd December 2014, 21:22   #7363
BHPian

The road just before BTM bus-stand leading to 29th main (lake road) has been closed temporarily for BWSSB work. This has not been reported in BTP and not sure how long it will be closed.

This has added more traffic at BTM 29th main AXA signal.
Old 22nd December 2014, 21:30   #7364
BHPian

Quote:
BWSSB were digging this open at around 11pm on Saturday night, it looks like a last ditch effort to rectify the faulty pipe line before the road tarring.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 21:59   #7365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
BWSSB were digging this open at around 11pm on Saturday night, it looks like a last ditch effort to rectify the faulty pipe line before the road tarring.
I hope they succeed in whatever they're trying to fix before that section is tarred, else we're looking at a freshly laid road dug up again in the next few days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks