Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2015, 08:13   #8356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

There were long queues at the ORR-Sarjapur Road junction, and the flyover also had crawling traffic towards Silk Board. Cops were seen diverting traffic onto the service road near the Shell fuel station at Bellandur, probably to clear up the flyover.
Old 16th June 2015, 08:19   #8357
Senior - BHPian

Good and Bad News:

Bad News: Truck rolled over and now blocking all two lanes under Agara Flyover and the lane on the Agara flyover. This is on the lane towards Silk Board. Traffic is all backed up till Sarjapur flyover and beyond.

Good News: Now there is a height barrier on the U-Turn on the Marathalli bridge. Now no stupid heavy vehicles, trucks, buses, Tankers can take u-turn. Good relief !!!
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 08:51   #8358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Good and Bad News:

Bad News: Truck rolled over and now blocking all two lanes under Agara Flyover and the lane on the Agara flyover. This is on the lane towards Silk Board. Traffic is all backed up till Sarjapur flyover and beyond.

Good News: Now there is a height barrier on the U-Turn on the Marathalli bridge. Now no stupid heavy vehicles, trucks, buses, Tankers can take u-turn. Good relief !!!

Thanks Soumyajit. You are probably the FM radio equilant for Bangalore BHPians. I am about to use that road but going towards marathalli. Any traffic issues on that lane.
Old 16th June 2015, 08:56   #8359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Thanks Soumyajit. You are probably the FM radio equilant for Bangalore BHPians. I am about to use that road but going towards marathalli. Any traffic issues on that lane.
Haahaahaaa :-D
I am late in today's reporting, since my data wasn't working due to some reasons.

The last I heard was that the truck was up and on the side. May be the lane under the flyover that goes towards Koramangala will still be choked.

The lane from Silkboard side towards Marathalli is also choked due to various reasons:
1) Curious Onlookers
2) People driving/riding on wrong side.
3) Smart company buses trying to make it to office on time and inturn blocking all possible narrow roads also, that could be used by cars !

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 16th June 2015 at 09:04.
Old 16th June 2015, 09:02   #8360
Distinguished - BHPian

And BTP is repeatedly posting this on their FB page including the latest one just 20 minutes back.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1434425481170.jpg  

Old 16th June 2015, 09:07   #8361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And BTP is repeatedly posting this on their FB page including the latest one just 20 minutes back.
Good Joke. Where do we have alternate routes to sarjapur junction from silk board. It is only one road all the way. It will be better for people to work from home (If that option is available to employees).
Old 16th June 2015, 09:23   #8362
Senior - BHPian

A welcome move by the Bangalore traffic police.
This is much needed and this should curb jaywalking menace to some extent.

28 Jaywalkers fined Rs 110 each
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 09:47   #8363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
I dont expect major traffic jam. Spotted cops around the accident zone.
You were wrong!
I just reached my office in JP nagar after spending 2 hours on the road. I started from Whitefield at 7:30 AM
The jam started soon after the bellandur flyover and extended all the way till the incident spot on the agara flyover.
When I crossed the location, a crane had lifted the truck to the service lane completely blocking it. One lane on the flyover was blocked as well due to engine parts and fluids from the truck occupying the lane.
It looked like the front suspension of the truck was broken as well as its body was directly resting on the tires.

I am not sure how many more such accidents it would take before bbmp wakes up and puts proper lane markings and atleast some plastic barriers before the start of the concrete parapet.

Last edited by SR71-Blackbird : 16th June 2015 at 09:49.
Old 16th June 2015, 09:54   #8364
Senior - BHPian

I commute from Banashankari 2nd Stage to Marthahalli. Saw the posts on this thread and decided to work from home today.
Old 16th June 2015, 09:56   #8365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
You were wrong!
I just reached my office in JP nagar after spending 2 hours on the road. I started from Whitefield at 7:30 AM
The jam started soon after the bellandur flyover and extended all the way till the incident spot on the agara flyover.
When I crossed the location, a crane had lifted the truck to the service lane completely blocking it. One lane on the flyover was blocked as well due to engine parts and fluids from the truck occupying the lane.
It looked like the front suspension of the truck was broken as well as its body was directly resting on the tires.

I am not sure how many more such accidents it would take before bbmp wakes up and puts proper lane markings and atleast some plastic barriers before the start of the concrete parapet.
Thanx for the updates. Whatever message i posted , the time was around 6 30 AM. Based on my observation as i was commuting to office in the cab, i could see that the truck had crashed on to the start of the flyover but standing still. It was not blocking the flyover entrance and cops were around.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 11:27   #8366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
This isn't good news. They have made a big gap smaller. But it is still a hole and it will leak. This opening must be closed. It unnecessarily creates bottle-neck for traffic towards Silkboard & Old Airport road.
Quote:
So let them cover the potholes with tar (I stage), then think of improving roads (II stage) and then marking the lanes (III stage)
All 3 stages are independent. Why can't it happen parallelly? I mean why not mark lanes where I & II are done? Why I & II must be completed for whole of Bangalore, before attempting III?

Last edited by msdivy : 16th June 2015 at 11:35.
Old 16th June 2015, 11:29   #8367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
First let them cover the potholes properly. Just to give you an example, when you come from the HSR flyover towards silkboard, after the signal we have the silkboard service road. There was a big pothole at the start of the service road. This was patched up with mud.

Now it is back to worst than square one. Yesterday a BMTC bus accidentally went over the pothole and I could see the extent to which the bus dipped down.

So let them cover the potholes with tar (I stage), then think of improving roads (II stage) and then marking the lanes (III stage).
The problem is the I stage has not been through yet and it rains in the evening off late. Till such time the rainy season persists, I dont think we 'll get to the III stage.
Old 16th June 2015, 11:33   #8368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
This isn't good news. They have made a big gap smaller. But it is still a hole and it will leak. This opening must be closed. It unnecessarily creates bottle-neck for traffic towards Silkboard & Old Airport road.
I had seen an updated on BTP Facebook couple of days back that they are planning to close this median on a trial basis. Surprising that they opened this only few months back, so if it is not working then close it. Rather than having a trial.
Old 16th June 2015, 11:38   #8369
BHPian

Quote:
So let them cover the potholes with tar (I stage), then think of improving roads (II stage) and then marking the lanes (III stage).
Agree, add one more stage, BBMP & their cronies has been proactive in creating speed breakers (pre-stage 1 ) with due diligence, wherever possible to cause maximum public inconvenience, doesn't matter whether roads exists or not.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 16th June 2015 at 11:39. Reason: edit
Old 16th June 2015, 11:43   #8370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
BTW did the truck catch fire as per what the BTP FB says.

It was a case of the driver failing to notice where the flyover starts and he rammed in to the railings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks