Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 12:48   #15406
BHPian

Speed breaker on new concrete (white topped) road in Bangalore

Hi,

I got first hand experience of this day before yesterday. In afternoon there was 500m jam just because of the new triple speed breaker before the under-pass. It is highly dangerous in night because they have not installed reflective warning sign. Lot of vehicles were dangerously taking left turn to enter service road to avoid this speed breaker. There is a higher risk of accident because same set of vehicles are merging from service road to main road within under-pass.

They were busy installing more of these during peak traffic in the evening.

I hope this issue is fixed soon as we will see multiple incidents.

Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 16:38   #15407
BHPian

Re: Speed breaker on new concrete (white topped) road in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

I got first hand experience of this day before yesterday. In afternoon there was 500m jam just because of the new triple speed breaker before the under-pass. It is highly dangerous in night because they have not installed reflective warning sign. Lot of vehicles were dangerously taking left turn to enter service road to avoid this speed breaker. There is a higher risk of accident because same set of vehicles are merging from service road to main road within under-pass.

Regards.
Request all commuters to raise the concern in the below tweet so that BTP/BBMP will be forced to remove the speed breakers
https://twitter.com/krpuramtraffic1/...80401710047232
Old 8th February 2018, 20:27   #15408
BHPian

Re: Speed breaker on new concrete (white topped) road in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Request all commuters to raise the concern in the below tweet so that BTP/BBMP will be forced to remove the speed breakers
https://twitter.com/krpuramtraffic1/...80401710047232
I did it. Its such a brain dead solution.We are back to White Topping days!!
Old 9th February 2018, 06:09   #15409
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Truck strike on NICE road.Not sure how much the traffic will be affected later in the day.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180209wa0001.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180209wa0000.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 08:35   #15410
Distinguished - BHPian

Cement mixer has crashed into the divider at Hoodi Junction going towards Graphite India. I guess there will be a serious exercise removing it since it's front axle is gone and the diesel tank is punctured. Caution advised.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 10:28   #15411
Senior - BHPian

Have to take my car for service at Metro Ford, Yeshwantpur. Which is the best route from Whitefield. Start time 6:30 AM. I usually take the KR Puram - Hebbal - Mekhri Circle - route. How is the condition of the ORR now due to white topping?
Old 9th February 2018, 10:30   #15412
BHPian

Was in a 200m bottleneck at 7 AM due to these new speed breakers on the white topped ORR. I see some logic in having a speedbreaker near Nandi Toyota at Banaswadi as there's a sharp curve, but what's the logic in having one at Ramamurthy Nagar going towards KasturiNagar/Tin Factory? This is a straight stretch, no curves, and chances of people jaywalking/crossing the road are negligible on this part as there are no shops/houses etc on one side. In fact there was an accident there today morning where a Crysta rear ended some other car, blocking a lane and a half, adding to the bottleneck that these speedbreakers have caused.
Old 9th February 2018, 10:49   #15413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Have to take my car for service at Metro Ford, Yeshwantpur. Which is the best route from Whitefield. Start time 6:30 AM. I usually take the KR Puram - Hebbal - Mekhri Circle - route. How is the condition of the ORR now due to white topping?
How come you have to take all the way from Whitefield to YPR for the ford service ? My wife's Figo goes to Hesaraghatta centre for service (I am near BEL Circle).
To answer your question, its good to stick to ORR till Goraguntepalya because its a smooth drive till 8am. White topping issue is not much applicable at off-peak hours.

Last edited by shajufx : 9th February 2018 at 10:50.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 11:35   #15414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Cement mixer has crashed into the divider at Hoodi Junction going towards Graphite India. I guess there will be a serious exercise removing it since it's front axle is gone and the diesel tank is punctured. Caution advised.
And another cement mixer has sunk into the recently dug up middle section of the road leading from Basava Nagar to Vignana Nagar. Also, saw a sign that Yemalur road will be closed between the 12-14 for Shivarathri.

Cement mixers, water tankers, festival pandaals, where on earth do we live?! Certainly not the '21st century city' they keep saying Bangalore is!

Anyway, I'm putting my money where my mouth is, am actively pursuing a job close to home. There will be a significant pay cut, but I can't take this awful and utterly pointless commute to ORR everyday anymore.

Last edited by am1m : 9th February 2018 at 11:36.
Old 9th February 2018, 11:38   #15415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have to take my car for service at Metro Ford, Yeshwantpur. Which is the best route from Whitefield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
How come you have to take all the way from Whitefield to YPR for the ford service?
Isn't there an Elite Ford service centre at Mahadevpura near the big malls? Is it to be avoided?
Old 9th February 2018, 12:58   #15416
BHPian

2 out of 3 speed breakers has been removed now
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1518161195402.jpg  

sbalagru6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 13:13   #15417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
2 out of 3 speed breakers has been removed now
This is the first time I saw how the humps looked like. Big deal, they would have been demolished in a week or two considering the load on the ring road and the randomness of vehicles. Only the stud bolts would have remained after a few days of road rollers, concrete mixers, what not going on them. These speed breakers hardly last in private offices, forget such roads.

Speaking of that, not even the lane markings remain white after a few weeks of application. In foreign countries, people dont drive over them except for a brief period of changing lanes. Here its not the same case.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 15:49   #15418
BHPian

Quote:
Have to take my car for service at Metro Ford, Yeshwantpur. ...
As another poster mentioned, there is an Elite Ford service center somewhere near Decathlon. If you cannot take there, there is a Metro Ford service center in Lingarajapuram. Both of these are closer to you than Yeshwantpur. If you need to go to Yeshwantpur, you can take Whitefield --> Tin Factory --> Hebbal --> Mekhri Circle --> IISC --> Yeshwantpur. This route won't be crowded before 6:30 am.
the_joker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 08:57   #15419
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks,
what's the best route to reach Park Plaza hotel Marathahalli from Old Airport road (near HAL) ?
gmaps is suggesting going via Tulsi theatre road, possibly reaching the rear entrance to the hotel. I remember this as a very narrow road, but haven't taken it in years.
*(will be a Sunday evening visit).
Old 10th February 2018, 09:07   #15420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Folks,
what's the best route to reach Park Plaza hotel Marathahalli from Old Airport road (near HAL) ?
gmaps is suggesting going via Tulsi theatre road, possibly reaching the rear entrance to the hotel. I remember this as a very narrow road, but haven't taken it in years.
*(will be a Sunday evening visit).
Tulsi Theater road was being tarred last week. Instead take the Chowdeshwari Temple road (since the right turn is blocked you my have to go a few metres ahead and take the u turn). Once you enter this lane go straight and you will see a Hanuman temple (there is a statue at this temple). Take the left at that junction and go till the next T-junction. This is the Tulsi Theater road. Now take a right and at the end of the road take the left (you will now reach the service road). Take the left onto service road and Park Plaza would be on your left in about 100-150 metres.
alokgunhal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks