Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 20:00   #406
Senior - BHPian

i found out about the 12hr thingy yesterday evening while returning from EC. today i took my bike to work and didn't use the BETL. they think just because people want to use the BETL, they'll cough up any amount they ask for.
Old 13th July 2010, 20:38   #407
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure they have Top Management guys as consultants or whatever. I don't know if they have made a study on how much volume of traffic they need to generate to meet their targets. Surely it makes sense to get more cars on the BETL than increasing the toll and hence driving away more folks from it.

Reduce the amount by 20% and I'm sure the traffic volumes will increase greatly.

I like the BETL and I'm not a daily user. Whenever I have to go down south, I use it and it definitely saves time and is peaceful to drive. Paying once in a month or two sounds ok, but for daily users their pricing doesn't make sense especially when the roads below are in good shape except for Bommanhalli.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:07   #408
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I'm sure they have Top Management guys as consultants or whatever. I don't know if they have made a study on how much volume of traffic they need to generate to meet their targets. Surely it makes sense to get more cars on the BETL than increasing the toll and hence driving away more folks from it.

Reduce the amount by 20% and I'm sure the traffic volumes will increase greatly.

I like the BETL and I'm not a daily user. Whenever I have to go down south, I use it and it definitely saves time and is peaceful to drive. Paying once in a month or two sounds ok, but for daily users their pricing doesn't make sense especially when the roads below are in good shape except for Bommanhalli.
Ofcourse they have increased the price after seeing the increase in volume of vehicles using BETL. Wonder why there is a huge queue in the toll booths?
Old 14th July 2010, 00:06   #409
BHPian

These BETL people are just hopeless. I had to drop & pick my wife daily from EC, so bought the OBU with 1 month validity after a deposit of 1000 Rs. as security amount.
Now she has been shifted to client side, and I don't need this device any more. But BETL guys are not taking back the device and not refunding my amount, reason being that I have lost the original reciept while depositing the amount. What the hell?! They have all the details of my vehicle, and I'm also returning their device, so why so much fuss?!
Old 14th July 2010, 10:34   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Ofcourse they have increased the price after seeing the increase in volume of vehicles using BETL. Wonder why there is a huge queue in the toll booths?
the huge queues at the toll are because there is only one lane for pay and pass while the other two is for the OBU/monthly pass, which is sparingly used. another reason is because many people head towards the OBU lane thinking they're smarter than the rest and are swiftly asked to join the other pay and pass lane. they then try to butt in as they think they deserve to go first!
Old 15th July 2010, 09:51   #411
Senior - BHPian

I spotted one auto rickshaw on the Elevated Expressway today morning.

I hope these greedy morons are not planning to allow 3 wheelers on the Expressway.

Rohan
Old 15th July 2010, 10:07   #412
BHPian

IMO, the flyover should have been constructed wider by another 2-3 feet atleast, to provide a lane for two-wheelers.
When there is bus on right lane, the cars are having to follow the bus at whatever speed, as there are two-wheelers on the left lane.
Old 15th July 2010, 11:58   #413
Senior - BHPian

The cost for Madiwala underpass is about 8 crores. Instead of this elevated road, they could have constructed 4-5 underpasses at major junctions between silkboard and EC to save a lot of money and time.
Old 15th July 2010, 12:07   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Instead of this elevated road, they could have constructed 4-5 underpasses at major junctions between silkboard and EC to save a lot of money and time.
+100 to that. I have been telling this whenever the discussion on elevated road comes-up in my office.
The time difference between elevated road and the road under is only 6-8 minutes in the morning. That's only bcos of these junctions at Hosa Road, Kudlu gate and Bommanahalli.
If they had constructed three underpasses at these points, there would have been no need for the elevated road.
Old 15th July 2010, 12:19   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
+100 to that. I have been telling this whenever the discussion on elevated road comes-up in my office.
The time difference between elevated road and the road under is only 6-8 minutes in the morning. That's only bcos of these junctions at Hosa Road, Kudlu gate and Bommanahalli.
If they had constructed three underpasses at these points, there would have been no need for the elevated road.
But considering a long term requirement, its always good to have an alternate route considering more companies are going to be added in EC phase 2.
Old 15th July 2010, 12:32   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
But considering a long term requirement, its always good to have an alternate route considering more companies are going to be added in EC phase 2.
Somehow I feel that it's not worth the hundreds of crores.

The METRO RAIL would have made more sense here. That would have reduced the vehicles, IT company buses since more employees would have preferred Metro rail over vehicles on road.
Old 15th July 2010, 13:02   #417
Senior - BHPian

At present, there are six lines on main road and two wide service roads with enough unused space on both sides. They could have made this main line signal free with side walls, underpasses and few entry/exit points. The service roads are wide enough to take the local traffic.

Last edited by coolclouds : 15th July 2010 at 13:03.
Old 15th July 2010, 13:29   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
At present, there are six lines on main road and two wide service roads with enough unused space on both sides. They could have made this main line signal free with side walls, underpasses and few entry/exit points. The service roads are wide enough to take the local traffic.
Agree with all these points.

But how these officials/ministers/contractors get their 'fair' share if this project is implemented?
Old 15th July 2010, 14:22   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Agree with all these points.

But how these officials/ministers/contractors get their 'fair' share if this project is implemented?
Agree. Only reason there are so many development projects is not to help the public. But for business development.
Old 16th July 2010, 12:43   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
for business development.
OT:
no baba, self development. take example of Domlur flyover - took them more than 5yrs to finish! first they start, then they get a stay order and then again start and again get a stay order! i seriously don't understand the logic of increasing the rates on the BETL - it's just going to drive away people from it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks