Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2012, 16:37   #1486
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Good news if it is true. Someone I know happened to meet Mr Ajit Pawar. In the discussion someone-I-know mentioned about travelling between Kothrud to Hinjewadi. Mr Pawar said Mr Avinash Bhosale is building a bridge over river which will connect Baner road to Hinjewadi. Not sure about the time frame.

Now I know your opinion about these two gentlemen in question. Whatever is their motive, we will get benefited if this is true.
Hinjewadi desperately needs better and wider roads for easy movement of traffic. The last elections saw some road work being undertaken but the quality of these roads are nothing less than pathetic. The road leading to Bhumkar Chowk from Mezza9 is in shambles (in some parts). There are craters large enough to gobble up a Nano. Build new roads and build them good. Can't the contractors see that these roads are used by heavily loaded trucks as well!!!

Quote:
I thought it is United Suburbs of Pimple.
It is United States of Pimple and Pimple Saudagar is the Capital of USP. I can provide more details about the parliament building, visa process, USP $, etc. but you can take a guess.

Last edited by SankalpDesai : 23rd August 2012 at 16:38. Reason: spelling corrections
Old 23rd August 2012, 17:32   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is building a bridge over river which will connect Baner road to Hinjewadi. Not sure about the time frame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
^Regardless of the opinion about the people in question, if this happens, it shall surely be a boon.
Would be glad if this is done sometime in the near future (~5 years).
The last project sanctioned to this guy was an irrigation project in Satara or Sangli (dont remember). I read somewhere it was 100% funds sanctioned, 0% work.

In any case, a bridge to HJW is not a long term solution. Its only going to give people more space to wait in their cars looking at potholes and bridge gaps. A possible solution is a metro line. Mass public transport. How difficult is it to understand that? or do they want to sanction bridge upon bridge?

My smart quick fix is to stay away from HJW as far as possible. Lets see how long I succeed!
^^

Last edited by selfdrive : 23rd August 2012 at 17:48.
Old 23rd August 2012, 17:41   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive

The last project sanctioned to this guy was an irrigation project in Satara or Sangli (dont remember). I read somewhere it was 100% funds sanctioned, 0% work.

In any case, a bridge to HJW is not a long term solution. Its only going to give people more space to wait in their cars looking at potholes and bridge gaps. A possible solution is a metro line. Mass public transport. How difficult is it to understand that? or do they want to sanction bridge upon bridge?
The bridge in question is going to be on a different route. Not the existing Wakad bridge.
It's on a river, that flows through the Mhalunge village (road next to VITS hotel).

A different route is a smart, quick fix. Long term overhaul may and should include a mass public transport, a la metro line.
Old 23rd August 2012, 20:44   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
My smart quick fix is to stay away from HJW as far as possible. ^^
Yup. It is.
Changed job. Once again I will be out of Hinjewadi.

P.S: Congratulations to all Hinjewadians for your bottom of heart contribution to 100 pages of cribbing. Many more to come
Old 24th August 2012, 23:29   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo

Guys, I have seen similar series registration, same livery being sported by some Persistent Limited buses. They are AFEXCO buses.
Maybe someone from PSPL can check whether this errant driver works for them.
If it's a Persistent bus, I'll take this up and update. Incidentally, I happen to head of the Transport Committee at PSL. Let me check and get back to you guys.

Last edited by ironshark : 24th August 2012 at 23:34.
ironshark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 11:36   #1491
BHPian

A horrible morning ineed.
  1. Not in Hinjewadi but on way to Hinjewadi- Traffic was moving at a speed of 30-40 km/hr on way from Ambedkar chowk to Bremen square. The lef lane was clogged with 3 wheelers, 2 wheelers and tempos making it impossible to overtake. But the traffic was moving ! The crazy Swift guy appears in my rearview a couple of cars behind, blinking and honking (I had rolled down my windows for once in the last whole month while driving as it was not raining , nor was it sunny. So was enjoying the cool breeze instead of the usual AC) The guy by now has bullied a car by nosing in forcefull. This was already getting on my nerves. The honking continued ... and let me not get into the usual details how such crazy drivers honk, try to push in between spaces left between 2 cars. I was in no mood to give him way for the simple reason that I was not blocking the traffic and he was no way going to go ahead by his crazy antics. I usually let people pass on a free flow route if they are overtaking properly, but bullying just does not work with me. I did what I could to pin him down and honk my horn and swear at him. Another Car driver rolled down his window and also gave him some kind words The guy soon was tamed down and surprising was driving nicely. He was there all the way to hinjewadi a few cars ahead or behind me and I felt like rolling down my window and telling him "See you can drive so well". Is this what these stupid motorists need? a shout a bashful of abuses and some slaps? To make them better motorists. I dont think he would be a good motorists on his way back home if he has forgotten the incident.
  2. A concrete mixer stalled near P2 wipro circle making a long line of cars and Temp Travellers. As usual the tempo travellers decide to go the wrong way and all 3 of them get to the other side and join in just before the circle. Sadly I could not capture it on cam- I saw them go to wipro campus.
Old 4th September 2012, 11:58   #1492
BHPian

Coming to Office and the left turn just near Shell petrol pump where a lot of vehicles are always going OR popping out, had a chain of trucks bringing bricks and other construction material.

To make way from them to come out and join the sea of commuters a smart fellow brings out a cop like lathi and starts to hold the traffic.

A usual biker decides to jump the self proclaimed cops signal to stop only to be hit by the lathi!!

I quickly tried to turn on my mobile cam and catch the bizzare act, but sadly it was over.

While I do understand the frustration and point of holding the traffic for a moment to let the trucks come out, I am really pissed off by the locals arrogance and dadagiri. The authorities should take up some steps to stop this nonsense by the locals.
Old 4th September 2012, 12:43   #1493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
My smart quick fix is to stay away from HJW as far as possible. Lets see how long I succeed!
^^
+1 to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Yup. It is.
Once again I will be out of Hinjewadi.
Ditto here. Job still with the same org. Just an office change-over!

P.s. Aundh Gaon - University road during peak hours can give competition to Hinjewadi, methinks. Guess, the roads change, but we remain the same.
Old 4th September 2012, 13:35   #1494
BHPian

Couple of weeks ago in front of DLF.
This guy apparently wanted to take a U Turn from the left most lane of the road
Managed to hold up the traffic for a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-dsc_00931.jpg  

Old 4th September 2012, 13:45   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
While I do understand the frustration and point of holding the traffic for a moment to let the trucks come out, I am really pissed off by the locals arrogance and dadagiri. The authorities should take up some steps to stop this nonsense by the locals.
While I agree that the locals arent really saints, what this guy was probably trying to do, was to control traffic. Ok, he didnt have to go to the extent of actually hitting the person, but such measures are sometimes needed to get the educated morons in check.

Ive seen cops giving the proverbial whack to errant bikers. Dont feel anything wrong in that either.
Old 4th September 2012, 14:09   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, he didnt have to go to the extent of actually hitting the person, but such measures are sometimes needed to get the educated morons in check.
Well, I can at least debate whether cops should or should not hit people. But any random guy on the road hitting someone like that, I dont think so.

Its not acceptable. heck if someone even hit my vehicle like that, he would get more than an earful. Forget someone hitting me. In any case, him stopping the traffic can only be a request not an order. Especiallu as he is not clearing a traffic jam.

I used to see this happening with the security guards outside FTII. but didnt see them hitting anyone. Maybe he chose the correct person. Someone more hot headed would have been an interesting situation.
Old 4th September 2012, 15:07   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
While I agree that the locals arent really saints, what this guy was probably trying to do, was to control traffic. Ok, he didnt have to go to the extent of actually hitting the person, but such measures are sometimes needed to get the educated morons in check.

Ive seen cops giving the proverbial whack to errant bikers. Dont feel anything wrong in that either.
No defense for the moron drivers educated or uneducated. I myself feel like bashing them up at times. But the point is a non official person using a stick to hit a person (moron or not a moron) is just unacceptable.

I am sure a lot of these locals look at the number plate and try to bully someone who is not an MH12/14 passing.
Old 5th September 2012, 15:51   #1498
BHPian

Google has enabled live traffic updates on Google Maps for India. For pune it is available.
http://www.techtree.com/content/news...tes-india.html

https://maps.google.com/
Old 6th September 2012, 09:21   #1499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Google has enabled live traffic updates on Google Maps for India. For pune it is available.
http://www.techtree.com/content/news...tes-india.html

https://maps.google.com/
Its pretty decent and I suppose will be useful going further Kudos to google!

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-hinjewadi-traffic.jpg
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 10:02   #1500
BHPian

<Fullto rant>
Back from my 12 days Pune-Ladakh-Pune road trip, this city seems to have literally gone to the dogs.
I suppose 4 crores were sanctioned for HJW road repairs, and now all have drained, literally. All potholes that were covered have become nasty ditches and new ones have also cropped up. Unless you take village route, it is very very messy.
Everyday evening drive back home has become a huge ordeal. And to add to the frustrations, there are buses, bikers and bloody-IT-joes-in-cars who flash lights to go ahead from left side.
Any ideas guys, how to ward this off? And unfortunately, I cannot start before 5:45pm.
My plans:
1. Put up new songs in ipod - esp some meaningless jhankar-beats songs
2. Listen to vividh bharti
3. Get a novel's audio CD from British Library.

Any other?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks