Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2014, 18:34   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Shubz, you didnt respond to this question. Iam also curious to know what were the charges ( if any)

Do you pay any extra charges for RSA enrollment? Also, what happened to map sensor and did the bike die on you somewhere on the highway and how long RSA took to pick it up?
Avi - Dhiraj has answered your other queries rather nicely. Map sensor - an electronic unit - malfunctioned - may be because of faulty connection when re-assembling during the handlebar upgrade.

Bike fortunately did not die on me - rather it got me home safely and then died the next morning!

RSA took exactly 45 mins - would've been less than that if not for the traffic from MG road to my place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by see India View Post
But then there's a gap somewhere. They say if you install V&H or any other non Harley fitment to the extent of even the shock absorbers they will ask you to fill in a disclaimer that the warranty is not void and you can't exercise any of benefits associated with the warranty.
Is it true to any extent or its just the guy at Capital Harley taking me for a ride.
Harley T&C clearly says no after market parts will be supported. However the caveat being - if HD authorizes such parts, they are obligated to support it (cover it under warranty). The disclaimer that one is made to sign will flashed on your face if one tries any smarta$$ ways for any issues and blame it on HD.

VnH fitments (except of FuelPak) are done/supported/covered by HD IF and ONLY IF - they are installed by HD service center.

Capital Harley is NOT taking you for a ride! You are in safe hands if you get anything done by them. No amount of force/begging/request can make them install anything that they do no approve of.

I hope I was able to answer your questions.

Cheers & Roar hard!
Old 11th August 2014, 19:16   #527
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Wow! The features are quite enticing. Are these just inserts into the open ends of the bar?

And "One type is chrome plated and the other is polished stainless steel. If the bar is magnetic, you have a chrome bar and this is the NOT the right bar for you" -- What does this mean?

Do you have pics of handlebars installed with these?

Appreciate your help!

Thankz!
Hi,

My Nightster has the 1" Stainless steel bar inserts, so I guess that's what you will need too.

They go on the inside of the bar, so not visible after installation.

You will have to pull out existing hand-grips, and insert them inside the bar.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Old 11th August 2014, 23:33   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Capital Harley is NOT taking you for a ride! You are in safe hands if you get anything done by them. No amount of force/begging/request can make them install anything that they do no approve of.

I hope I was able to answer your questions.

Cheers & Roar hard!
No Shubz I guess the guy I've been dealing with after all has been lying to me as he clearly told me that they will install the V&H exhaust but then the warranty will be void after that. And that's the reason I went with Screamin Eagles and not V&H.

Last edited by bblost : 11th August 2014 at 23:37. Reason: fixed quote
Old 12th August 2014, 11:25   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Shubz I guess the guy I've been dealing with after all has been lying to me as he clearly told me that they will install the V&H exhaust but then the warranty will be void after that. And that's the reason I went with Screamin Eagles and not V&H.
I still don't believe its a lie. This is what everyone is told. Many get scared and go the SE way. In a way I believe its just a gimmick to wean people to go the SE way. While loads of people, who have a thorough knowledge how VnH works etc, have gotten VnH stuff done by HD themselves (glaring example being myself) - and still get things done under warranty - Thankfully nothing major so far!
Old 29th August 2014, 12:23   #530
BHPian

[quote=Shubz;3503441... have gotten VnH stuff done by HD themselves (glaring example being myself) - and still get things done under warranty[/QUOTE]

Meaning that the HD people themselves deal the V&H pipes? As far as I remember, they said they have the SE when I spoke to them.
Old 29th August 2014, 15:38   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRam View Post
Meaning that the HD people themselves deal the V&H pipes? As far as I remember, they said they have the SE when I spoke to them.
Yes sir! They got me the Vance n Hines! Yeah they are right when they say they have the SE as SE is their home grown product. Did they ever tell you they CANNOT get you VnH of your choice (or thats listed in their catalog?)
Old 29th August 2014, 15:40   #532
Senior - BHPian

Dude, been a while since you last updated. Hows the Iron doing? How much have you covered by now? Got inspired, now riding to work almost each day . Thanks to you.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 16:47   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Dude, been a while since you last updated. Hows the Iron doing? How much have you covered by now? Got inspired, now riding to work almost each day . Thanks to you.
Sammy boy! Good to see you inspired. I have a fancy number to update! Iron still working as a charm! Never a dull moment!

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-111.jpg
Shubz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 15:12   #534
BHPian

Hi Shubz

How are you doing mate? Need one favor from you. Can you tell me the accessory number for the nightster handlebar that you have put on your Iron. I am looking to put it on my Iron as well. Mumbai dealer doesnt seem to have it so need to order it from some other dealers (May be from Pune).

Thanks
Abhishek
Abhishekjp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 19:17   #535

I just got mine changed to mini ape. The dealer didn't have it so he ordered it for me. It took about 35-40 days but I got it. And its just too good.

Mod Note: As per the forum protocol, it is imperative for you to upload all pictures directly to Team-Bhp and not any external hot link sites. Please carefully read and follow instructions for the same as per the below link of our announcements section:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Last edited by manson : 10th September 2014 at 19:34. Reason: Pictures not uploaded correctly.
Old 10th September 2014, 19:38   #536

Was trying to post some pictures of the bike but could not do it in first go.
Trying it again now.

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_6663s.jpg

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_6665s.jpg

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_6668s.jpg

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_6661_s.jpg

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_6667_s.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 10th September 2014 at 20:19.
see India is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 13:07   #537
Senior - BHPian

Those are brilliant pictures see India. You've got the perfect light setting. Looks great. What kind of handlebar have you installed?
Old 11th September 2014, 14:17   #538
BHPian

Quote:
I just got mine changed to mini ape. The dealer didn't have it so he ordered it for me. It took about 35-40 days but I got it. And its just too good.
Your ride looks awesome, I bet it rides awesome too. This is exactly the mine-ape I am planning for my superlow (ofcourse in chrome).

So how is the ride now, how comfortable is the riding stance, both from your arms and your back's perspective?
Old 11th September 2014, 15:14   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was trying to post some pictures of the bike but could not do it in first go.
Fantastic looking bike. I think this color looks best on Iron 883 and gives it a complete mean look.

The cosmetic mods done is also tasteful and that seat looks as if I can sleep in it.

Enjoy your ride !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 15:28   #540
Senior - BHPian

SeeIndia - Those handles are amazing! The only flipside to those are - Handling the bike in congested traffic conditions. Else - On touring - These are heavenly! Takes the stress off your upper body a lot. Also - I had a question - Did you have to change the cables etc?

Shek - I don't have the part number handy as of now. But "Nighster bar" is a language these guys should easily understand!

Last edited by Shubz : 11th September 2014 at 15:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks