Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 13:04   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Shubz, I just cannot beileve that you have horns & spikes growing out of your helmet as I didnt look at the odometer pic as keenly as Doc did

Iam generally quite bold but, wearing that thing out in public on a regular basis takes lot of guts man.

Kudos to you
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 13:17   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Haha, Unfortunately You are not on an LSD trip! Secondly yes, I do have horns growing out of my helmet!

Ram sir - That says you got be in Bangalore more often and give me an opportunity of riding with you often!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Two questions:

3) Do the horns grow bigger (like Hellboy) when you're feeling particularly nasty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam generally quite bold but, wearing that thing out in public on a regular basis takes lot of guts man.
Shubh,

Point Noted.

You should've posted a full picture - Doc would've wanted to checkout the tailend as well (a la Hellboy)

Were you on your way to Comic Con last weekend - when this pic was clicked ?

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 13:22   #558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
You should've posted a full picture - Doc would've wanted to checkout the tailend as well (a la Hellboy)
Ram, the head shot is enough bro.

Call me old school, but somehow never been into checking out the tailends of dudes.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 13:30   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Two questions:

1) Those spikes, are they stuck on or screwed in?

2) How much did the Dainese jacket cost?

Actually there is a 3rd question as well addendum:

3) Do the horns grow bigger (like Hellboy) when you're feeling particularly nasty?
1) The spikes are stuck on. They come with a 3M adhesive at the base. The horns are suction cups - sit amazingly well. Have done "unmentionable" speeds with them on, and they have survived.

2) Dainese Jacket - Was bought in the US on one of my trips there. Cost me $279.95 (Now its a lot cheaper)

3) The answer is rated R (against forum rules)
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 13:36   #560
Senior - BHPian

How much does the strip of spikes cost? Harley merchandise? I think it will look quite nice on Doppie's front fender ......
Old 16th September 2014, 13:49   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much does the strip of spikes cost? Harley merchandise? I think it will look quite nice on Doppie's front fender ......

"Men will never grow up - only the toys with which they play become bigger". But I thought old school was all about tail ends - have you seen any tail ends as beutiful as those came in the cars of late 1959s, 60 and 70s, in any of the modern cars.

Shubh, you didn't answer my question about Comic con - my son thinks, he saw you there.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 16th September 2014 at 13:52.
Old 16th September 2014, 14:44   #562
Senior - BHPian

Gosh Shubz!!! You must be scaring little kids in the neighborhood . Keep enjoying...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 14:52   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its not about the 3 or 4 finger operation. The moment I get on to top gear, my fingers curl around the handlebar, both sides. Usually people have a tendency to keep 2/3 fingers on the lever on both sides. I believe there are tonnes of sensors which kinda actuate stuff. So try adopting this technic
IMO, For such expensive rides, no matter how many fingers you keep on the clutch, it should not burn

Bonnie has an amazingly light clutch action and i use a 3 finger operation ( never thought about it till you guys were talking about this) with my left middle finger being the main for depressing the clutch and little finger and fore finger as support and I always keep them on the clutch

With regards to right hand. I keep all fingers on clutch except one forefinger to press the brake and this is used the maximum. I hardly use the rear brakes

Quote:
and for others who are obsessed with numbers like I am -- Here is the magic 12345!
Congrats. That's an awesome number

Iam also obsessed with numbers and I generally try to click pics of such events but, last saturday ride was one crazy fast ride and I missed clicking the 6500kms pic

Nice to see you munch so many miles. Just curious to know. Can you describe your refuel kms and litres that go in and how do you manage this during rides?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 15:41   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shubz

Kudos to you
Haha Thanks Avi. I generally don't wear those horns on normal rides in the city. My city ride helmet is a open faced one from Harley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Shubh,

Point Noted.

Were you on your way to Comic Con last weekend - when this pic was clicked ?
haha Ram sir, Naughty boy!!

No sir, though the Comic Con happened just next door to where I work, a) I didn't go there. b) I didn't wear the helmet to work .

Quote:
Call me old school, but somehow never been into checking out the tailends of dudes.
ROFL! Nothing at the tail end. However on the ride, one rider did mention having a devils tail (but on the back of the helmet and a trishul)!

Quote:
There are tonnes of them available on ebay/amazon. This particular one cost me $26.99. Quality of spikes are very good. Adhesive is very strong and re-usable. When I stuck it first, I couldn't middle it so had to take it off a few times before I got the positioning right. And it stuck well. Just got to ensure you are not in a dusty environment.

Quote:
IMO, For such expensive rides, no matter how many fingers you keep on the clutch, it should not burn

With regards to right hand. I keep all fingers on clutch except one forefinger to press the brake and this is used the maximum. I hardly use the rear brakes

Congrats. That's an awesome number

Iam also obsessed with numbers and I generally try to click pics of such events but, last saturday ride was one crazy fast ride and I missed clicking the 6500kms pic

Nice to see you munch so many miles. Just curious to know. Can you describe your refuel kms and litres that go in and how do you manage this during rides?
Avi, let me address your points 1 by 1.

Harley folks very clearly mention, at the time of delivery - Do NOT ride the clutch. Do NOT place fingers on the lever once you are cruising. As mentioned earlier, there are sensors all over the place and inadvertently we tend to pull in the lever, albiet by an mm or two unconsciously, this triggers the clutch wear.

I have completed 12k plus and last weekend I had given the bike for a pre-ride check before the Southern HOG Rally beginning next week, they said rear pads have a lot of life in them, can run another few thousand kms on the same.

About numbers - Thank you so much! Yes I have a Number Compulsive Disorder! Lol! I stop if I am in the middle of a ride and take pics of important milestones without disturbing the other riders or rides.

Regarding refuelling - As a principle I refill every time the coterie stops for a refill (remember 48's have a much smaller tank capacity). But otherwise, the max I have run (this is before VnH & Stage 1 upgrade) - rode for 211 kms before stopping to refill. Now on an average I run anywhere between 165 - 190 kms before the fuel warning light comes up.
Shubz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 09:04   #565
Senior - BHPian

Wicked helmet! You use that for daily ride or only when you get ?
Full kit+ bike shot would be nice for us; maybe a video of the devil passing by?
Old 18th September 2014, 19:32   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Wicked helmet! You use that for daily ride or only when you get ?
Full kit+ bike shot would be nice for us; maybe a video of the devil passing by?
JK sir - I'd not risk wearing that for my daily ride. As mentioned earlier, this "get up" is only on Sunday ride. (not when I get ) LoL!

Full kit - someone did click. here it is.

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-full-horn.jpg
Old 20th September 2014, 17:16   #567
BHPian

The helmet is looking a stunner. I super like it. I am equally the fan of the Amber Whiskey Iron 883 as yours of late. After booking the Iron on 13th July 2014 last week I got a call to just come over and have a look at the Amber and San camo color. I agreed and went along with a buddy who has a dslr to click a few pics. After the visit why would I not want the Amber one than the denim black I booked ? I'm convinced as much.

Let a few Pics speak....
Attached Thumbnails
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_20140920_172616.jpg  

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_20140920_172518.jpg  

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_20140920_172335.jpg  

Last edited by Vista : 20th September 2014 at 17:39.
Vista is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 17:50   #568
BHPian

Hey Shiba, sweet ride. That helmet will look badass in a group of Harleys riding together.
Quick question, where'd you get that HJC helms? And how did you pay for it? Or what's the model name instead
KhalDrogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 08:08   #569
BHPian

Hi Shubz

Is there any way we can reduce the sound of VNH 3" slip ons by any way ? I just got mine installed and they are too loud for my liking. My head was literally spinning after 350 km's of my weekend ride. I have also asked my HD service office but he hasnt come back on that. You thought will help.

Thanks
Shek
Attached Thumbnails
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-bike-.jpg  

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-bike-b.jpg  

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-bike-c.jpg  

Abhishekjp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 11:00   #570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekjp View Post
Hi Shubz

Is there any way we can reduce the sound of VNH 3" slip ons by any way ? I just got mine installed and they are too loud for my liking. My head was literally spinning after 350 km's of my weekend ride. I have also asked my HD service office but he hasnt come back on that. You thought will help.

Thanks
Shek
I am surprised that the HD dealer did not come back on this, immediately, may be he was being polite - they do have some custom made (read as HD Branded) stuff for this usually in their stock, which again costs double of the similar products in the market

Wonderful devise called "Ear Plugs"

Seriously, that should be in the travel/ridding kit of most of "megaphone" installed bikes, as exposure to loud noise long term, can affect you negatively.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 23rd September 2014 at 11:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks