Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 13:14   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
I do love the fact the locality Ducati has chosen for their showroom in blore. But IMO, they should have probably looked at setting up a exclusive showroom like space (something like triumph or Indian motorcycle, etc) somewhere else.
Being a crowd puller and in a mall, I feel, it will be quite jostled up and could take away that exclusivity that this beauty drives. Never the less, glad to see ducati in blore.
Very true Pratap. I wonder how they will execute test rides and deliveries from the mall. Cant imagine the front porch strewn with Ducati's.

Also they will have to look at how the general public will keep walking into their showroom and want to sit on the displays. UB mall is a tourist spot now and there are many people who come there just to stroll around.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:36   #167
BHPian

Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Very true Pratap. I wonder how they will execute test rides and deliveries from the mall. Cant imagine the front porch strewn with Ducati's.
In Delhi they have a showroom in a prominent mall at Vasant Kunj on the 2nd Floor. It has display models & accessories etc. They manage test rides & bookings from there.

As for bike delivery & service they operate out of a much larger premise on the outer fringe of NCR in Gurgaon - apparently the largest for Ducati worldwide. I had posted some pics of the facility earlier in this thread.

Bike collection, final paperwork, RC collection and servicing etc happens from this location.

It's a nice 110Km to & fro ride for me across most of Delhi & Gurgaon every time I need service.

They might go for a similar setup in Bangalore?

Last edited by outofthebox : 10th September 2015 at 12:37. Reason: Safari auto-correct
outofthebox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 18:06   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
In Delhi they have a showroom in a prominent mall at Vasant Kunj on the 2nd Floor. It has display models & accessories etc. They manage test rides & bookings from there.

As for bike delivery & service they operate out of a much larger premise on the outer fringe of NCR in Gurgaon - apparently the largest for Ducati worldwide. I had posted some pics of the facility earlier in this thread.

Bike collection, final paperwork, RC collection and servicing etc happens from this location.

It's a nice 110Km to & fro ride for me across most of Delhi & Gurgaon every time I need service.

They might go for a similar setup in Bangalore?
So here is the deal! A similar Set up! Main Showroom at UB City. Test rides from UB city.

Flagship store at Victoria Layout (where there was Mahindra/Volkswagen service)

I visited their godown and did get a feel of the the following bikes available in stock.

The Scrambler
The Hypermotard
The Diavel
The Monster.

I am not a heavy man. But each of them felt puny under me. Some pics that would tell you the story.

Is there anyone who owns a MULTISTRADA? I just want to see how it fits me or how I fit it. :-) Would really appreciate a response.
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_5532.jpg  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_5535.jpg  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_5537.jpg  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_5539.jpg  

Shubz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 02:16   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I visited their godown and did get a feel of the the following bikes available in stock.

The Scrambler
The Hypermotard
The Diavel
The Monster.

Is there anyone who owns a MULTISTRADA? I just want to see how it fits me or how I fit it. :-) Would really appreciate a response.
Hi Shubz, true what you did mention on the size and fit of these bikes. The Diavel is big but your height makes it look smaller. I did do a ride on the Multi and loved the bike. Its tall and big so you would fit well on the same. Do take a ride on the motorcycles before eliminating them as you will be surprised on what you will love. I ride a Monster which i love. I rode the Diavel, Hyper and multi. I wanted the diavel before the ride and fell for the Multi after.

Maddy
maddy42 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:30   #170
BHPian

Quote:
...I'm using a Dart screen and it helps a lot on highways.
That dart screen looks pretty good - where did you get it?
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:41   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500modder View Post
That dart screen looks pretty good - where did you get it?
Mate I ordered it directly from Dart Screens UK, they have free shipping to India.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:44   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Hi Shubz, true what you did mention on the size and fit of these bikes. The Diavel is big but your height makes it look smaller. I did do a ride on the Multi and loved the bike. Its tall and big so you would fit well on the same. Do take a ride on the motorcycles before eliminating them as you will be surprised on what you will love. I ride a Monster which i love. I rode the Diavel, Hyper and multi. I wanted the diavel before the ride and fell for the Multi after.

Maddy
Multistrada specs when I look at it. the seat height of Hypermotard is 830 mm (which by my standards is short - i could plant both my feet on the ground) compared to the seat height of Multistrada - adjustable from 825 (egaddd!!) to 845 -- 5 mm lower than the Hyper to 15 mm higher. How much of a difference will this make? wont this look like a pot bellied middle aged adult?

I am still hoping we will have one Multistrada owner in this community who would let me just size myself up on the bike (i will not expect a ride though)
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:30   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Mate I ordered it directly from Dart Screens UK, they have free shipping to India.
Thanks for the reply. I'm about to get my Scrambler Icon (yellow) so I hope you'll answer a couple more questions

I routinely ride 100 kph plus on Sunday mornings. How effective is the screen? How high up does it deflect air - above torso or head? Also what colour did you go for and how long did it take to arrive? Thanks in advance
Old 22nd September 2015, 13:17   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500modder View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'm about to get my Scrambler Icon (yellow) so I hope you'll answer a couple more questions

I routinely ride 100 kph plus on Sunday mornings. How effective is the screen? How high up does it deflect air - above torso or head? Also what colour did you go for and how long did it take to arrive? Thanks in advance
Even if one is riding at 80kph and if there is a headwind or a wind gush of even 20kph, it has the same effect as riding at 100kph, and here it definitely helps a lot. (Frequently encountered in and around Delhi). So yes, you will be a happy man at your riding speeds with this screen.

IMO the screen deflects mostly above the torso. I normally wear a full face helmet so I haven't really noticed any additional wind blasts on my face. The massive resistance in the chest area at high speeds gets reduced a lot, that's my way to tell that it is really effective at those speeds.

I ordered the midnight shade, recd it in about 7 - 10 days. A couple of pics attached (when the bike was ~400km old) ...

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_0290.jpg

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-img_0256.jpg
outofthebox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 02:50   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I am still hoping we will have one Multistrada owner in this community who would let me just size myself up on the bike (i will not expect a ride though)
Do check if you get a chance. Also due to the width of the bike it should ensure a better stance. I remember the dealer had 2 seat heights and me being a puny 5.8 took the lower seat height.

Few cons of Multi: Doesnt sound as good as a panigale or a harley, but it had a tonne of options.

PS: How much is the Multi in india?

Maddy
Old 23rd September 2015, 07:07   #176
BHPian

Any updates on when the Bangalore showroom is opening?
Also, what is the approx cost per service for the 899 Panigale? Heard from someone that its around 40k and I find it very hard to believe!
Old 23rd September 2015, 09:32   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Any updates on when the Bangalore showroom is opening? Also, what is the approx cost per service for the 899 Panigale? Heard from someone that its around 40k and I find it very hard to believe!
40k? Did you mean 40L? I reckon it could be priced between the 22-30L mark going by the premium these Italians command.

Currently, liter class japanese bikes cost close to 20L so expect the 899 Panigale to cost a small fortune over these SBK's.
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:08   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
liter class japanese bikes cost close to 20L
FZ1 is around 14L and imagine that the same was around 9L just two years back. I missed to buy that bike then.

But i guess the 899 would be around 12L though Z800 is much cheaper.

For me the reliability of Ducati and the spares will keep me far away from buying one even in the US. I rather stick to proven yamaha or a kawasaki or for that matter even a suzuki as my last choice
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:09   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
40k? Did you mean 40L? I reckon it could be priced between the 22-30L mark going by the premium these Italians command.

Currently, liter class japanese bikes cost close to 20L so expect the 899 Panigale to cost a small fortune over these SBK's.
Suraj is talking about service cost. Panigale 899 will retail at around 13.7L Ex-showroom Bangalore and OTR should come under 16L.

40K per service is very expensive and i don't think its true. 10K per service is reasonable for ducati branded motorcycles.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:19   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Suraj is talking about service cost. Panigale 899 will retail at around 13.7L Ex-showroom Bangalore and OTR should come under 16L.

40K per service is very expensive and i don't think its true. 10K per service is reasonable for ducati branded motorcycles.
Ah. My apologies then for mis-reading the post. The OTR price is quite attractive too. Thanks for posting the right information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks