Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2017, 10:09   #10126
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

I usually use Proklears waterless wash concentrate to clean my car. I am also planning to purchase an APC- Proklear or some other brand. If I purchase an APC, do I need a waterless wash concentrate as well? Asking as my Proklear is about to run out, and not sure if I need both.
Old 12th May 2017, 15:10   #10127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I usually use Proklears waterless wash concentrate to clean my car. I am also planning to purchase an APC- Proklear or some other brand. If I purchase an APC, do I need a waterless wash concentrate as well? Asking as my Proklear is about to run out, and not sure if I need both.
APC and Waterless wash concentrates are used for different purposes.
Most APC , even when diluted 1:5 or 1:10 shall strip all protection (wax / sealant).
Waterless washes in required dilution (I think I use Ultima Waterless Wash 1:40 ratio) clean but do not strip the protection.

You would typically use waterless washes for the painted area on your car, lights and plastic trims.
For Tires/Rims/interior hard plastics use diluted APC, if not specialty cleaners.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 15:27   #10128
Distinguished - BHPian

All-Purpose Cleaners are not at all for all purposes!
Old 12th May 2017, 15:44   #10129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
APC and Waterless wash concentrates are used for different purposes.
Most APC , even when diluted 1:5 or 1:10 shall strip all protection (wax / sealant).
Waterless washes in required dilution (I think I use Ultima Waterless Wash 1:40 ratio) clean but do not strip the protection.

You would typically use waterless washes for the painted area on your car, lights and plastic trims.
For Tires/Rims/interior hard plastics use diluted APC, if not specialty cleaners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Thanks. Ordered Krud Kutter 3 in 1 from Amazon India after reading a view reviews. Not sure if it needs to be/should be diluted or not. Will continue with Proklear for waterless wash, as I have no complaints so far.

1 quick question- I dilute 5ml of proklear in about 1 liter of water to wash my car. However, I am now planning to clay and polish the car. What should be the ratio for lubricating the claybar? Is 20ml per liter sufficient?
Old 12th May 2017, 16:09   #10130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I was under the same opinion, until I used this & started changing my opinion
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 20:25   #10131
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, an all-purpose cleaner?

Looks interesting
Old 13th May 2017, 14:23   #10132
BHPian

I ordered from amazon 1 gallon Meguiar's APC. It came with adhesive tape at the opening and then the cap twisted in, perhaps to prevent spillage.

If anyone else has ordered it and received in same form, please confirm. As i suspect that perhaps the courier has spilled the contents, topped with water and then delivered. In that case i'll have no idea how to dilute it for use.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_0829.jpg  

Old 13th May 2017, 14:37   #10133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
I ordered from amazon 1 gallon Meguiar's APC. It came with adhesive tape at the opening and then the cap twisted in, perhaps to prevent spillage.

If anyone else has ordered it and received in same form, please confirm. As i suspect that perhaps the courier has spilled the contents, topped with water and then delivered. In that case i'll have no idea how to dilute it for use.
Just ask for a refund or replacement.
No use trying to figure out about water and all.
Kestrel5915 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2017, 23:40   #10134
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dwarka Delhi wala, I ordered it from Flipkart. When I opened the bottle, I realized the Meguair's original sealing was half open. I think the actual seller before couriering it, did some wrong. Why I am saying this because it was very nicely packed in proper Meguiar's box and everything except that half open seal.

Long back I ordered a Meguiar's shampoo from Amazon and it looked like counterfeit. Its colour and viscosity was way too different from what I observed on net. I connected with some one in 3M Bangalore and they directed me to their stockist in Naraina Delhi. It was complete pain in the neck. I also posted my comment/question on Amazon's product page and till this day no one has ever connected with me

Therefore its best to avoid these generic portals for buying any car care products. I trust other dedicated online portals trusted by lot of BHPians.

Also, check the amount of liquid you should get in the APC bottle. Compare it with this picture from amazon website. See what you've finally got. Even compare the colours. Would like to add, I also got similar quantity (assuming you've not used anything so far)

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-meguairs-apc.jpg

Kind Regards...Vikas

Last edited by vikasshu : 13th May 2017 at 23:42. Reason: Missed pointing out one crucial part.
vikasshu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 22:41   #10135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I too have ordered this product on Amazon and it should be delivered in a couple of days. Will update you on the condition of the package.

I had once ordered another Meguiar's product from Amazon and it came with masking tape on the nozzle probably to prevent accidental activation and spillage of the product.
Old 17th May 2017, 23:57   #10136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
Hi Dwarka Delhi wala, I ordered it from Flipkart. When I opened the bottle, I realized the Meguair's original sealing was half open. I think the actual seller before couriering it, did some wrong. Why I am saying this because it was very nicely packed in proper Meguiar's box and everything except that half open seal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I too have ordered this product on Amazon and it should be delivered in a couple of days. Will update you on the condition of the package.

I had once ordered another Meguiar's product from Amazon and it came with masking tape on the nozzle probably to prevent accidental activation and spillage of the product.
All meguiars gallon cans come with a tamper proof seal like the one below. If its not intact, refuse the can rightaway.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20161101_114653001.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 00:37   #10137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
All meguiars gallon cans come with a tamper proof seal like the one below. If its not intact, refuse the can rightaway.

Attachment 1639762
Thanks SunnyBoi.
You are right. In my APC, it was half open. It was same in the case of Meguiar's shampoo. A bottle of 303 aerospace as well was leaking when it was delivered to me.

I have completely stopped buying any liquids from Amazon. They are hopeless.

Kind Regards..Vikas
Old 18th May 2017, 09:17   #10138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Thanks SunnyBoi.

That peel-off seal is present on all the liquid products (waxes, polishes, compounds etc) that I had purchased earlier.

I wasn't aware of the gallon containers also having them. This is the first time I've purchased a product in this quantity.

Will refuse the delivery if the seal is missing or broken.
Old 18th May 2017, 09:34   #10139
BHPian

My current maintenance line-up
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-current-lineup.jpg  

DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 09:37   #10140
BHPian

Ordered krud-kutter automobile APC from Amazon during the recent sale. The package was shipped from Sonepat to Bangalore. Tracking status showed some delay in Gurgaon, and then finally out for delivery in Bangalore. However, got another update last evening, that the package has suffered damage in transit and will not be delivered!

Will have to get in touch with Amazon and see what my options are.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks