Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 11:00   #211
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post

I have installed the rear view camera but there is 1 problem with the display. when i start the XUV the entertainment system starts booting and takes some time to display the rear view camera so i have to wait at least 30 secs before i can start reversing the XUV.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. MHawk being a turbo charged engine we're supposed to idle it for nearly a minute before moving the car?

But I agree that even after booting there is a delay of about 3 seconds to get the reverse camera video stream on the screen.
Old 13th April 2012, 13:52   #212
BHPian

Naveen get the headunit replaced and you will feel the day and night difference .

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Want to update all about the ICE Upgrade that I did with my W6.

About 15 days back, got Digital Design speakers at front & back, alongwith a hi-low convertor (Audison) & a DD 4 channel amplifier. However, it was still sounding low.

Yesterday, went back to vendor & got the HI-LOW convertor removed & got a Bit Ten Sound Processor installed & it is rocking now
Old 13th April 2012, 14:02   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Naveen get the headunit replaced and you will feel the day and night difference .
Head Unit involves a lot of things with it (blue tooth, audio controls on steering) that may not work properly.

Though, am game for changing it provided if someone does it first. I don't want to lead this line
Old 13th April 2012, 14:25   #214
BHPian

Get the new JVC headunit JVC KW-AVX746 , it has inbuilt bluetooth plus there after market adapters which can connect to steering controls . . Do check out this thread for reviews on this headunit , also take an audition first before swapping the headunit . After swapping it , there will be lot of difference thats for sure . Did you installed components in front or speakers .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ift-zdi-2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Head Unit involves a lot of things with it (blue tooth, audio controls on steering) that may not work properly.

Though, am game for changing it provided if someone does it first. I don't want to lead this line
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 16:11   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Get the new JVC headunit JVC KW-AVX746 , it has inbuilt bluetooth plus there after market adapters which can connect to steering controls . . Do check out this thread for reviews on this headunit , also take an audition first before swapping the headunit . After swapping it , there will be lot of difference thats for sure . Did you installed components in front or speakers .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ift-zdi-2.html
I have got Digital Design Components in Front.
Old 13th April 2012, 16:46   #216
BHPian

Quote:
- Alarm going off at random.
Hi guys, can u explain me which alarm is this. as i havn't noticed any alarm.

Even my xuv is having some issues like,
- start @stop, so called doesnt work
- brakes too weak
- headlight v shape blacout
- 1st gear very hard while driving
Old 13th April 2012, 17:45   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong. MHawk being a turbo charged engine we're supposed to idle it for nearly a minute before moving the car?
What you say may be right but i have never done this in my previous cars. My optra magnum had run 98,000 kms and i did not have any turbo problems.
Mahindra themselves have given the micro hybrid i.e start stop wherein the vehicle stops as soon as you put it in neutral and take your foot of the clutch and starts as soon as you press the clutch. If the 1 min rule was needed i don't think Mahindra would have given us the start stop feature.
2 more niggles in my XUV- The driver side orvm hits the window beading when in closed position and the steering column massages my toes when i turn the steering with the clutch depressed.
Old 13th April 2012, 18:20   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong. MHawk being a turbo charged engine we're supposed to idle it for nearly a minute before moving the car?.
I have a Mhawk Scorpio for the last 4 years, I have never done this, neither it is mentioned as a requirement in the manual. Though I have seen drivers (jeeps, ambys, buses etc. idle before moving and before shut down.
Old 15th April 2012, 10:24   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti

I have a Mhawk Scorpio for the last 4 years, I have never done this, neither it is mentioned as a requirement in the manual. Though I have seen drivers (jeeps, ambys, buses etc. idle before moving and before shut down.
Ah, Upreti-san, blame it on shoddy manual (other examples: headlight alignment, TPMS sequencing) for such ignorance. I believe latest Scorpios either have them in the manual or on the dash as stickers or both.

It immensely helps the turbo and it's lubrication to let it warm up and cool down as suggested. However, crawling speeds (revs kept under turbo range) also count into that minute and hence for most people their regular parking in and out manoeuvre suffice.

PS/OT: 4 years eh? Well, I thought close to 3 years and mentioned so in another thread.
Old 15th April 2012, 19:38   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
...Even my xuv is having some issues like,
- start @stop, so called doesnt work
- brakes too weak
- headlight v shape blacout
- 1st gear very hard while driving
All these issues were discussed in detail in this post. Please review the entire chain.. Here is my short response. Yes.. all these are common issues. Item 1,3 have explanations.. Item 2 - not yet resolved by Mahindra. Item 4 - Partially fixed - though they didn't replace the clutch units for all customers

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 09:41. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 15th April 2012, 20:51   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
All these issues were discussed in detail in this post. Please review the entire chain.. Here is my short response. Yes.. all these are common issues. Item 1,3 have explanations.. Item 2 - not yet resolved by Mahindra. Item 4 - Partially fixed - though they didn't replace the clutch units for all customers
Thanks for for your reply!!!,

Today i visited Mahindra workshop and they connected one laptop to my car we went for test drive. In mid test drive his laptop shows that start@stop sensor is faulty, i forgot technical name what he told me for that sensor. he took new and replaced in 20 secs under bonnet.

For brakes he told me "sir we dont in stock for now it will come in another 2-3 days. meanwhile we will clean it now and on your next visit we will change it".

for light he told me its common across all, and showed me 2-3 xuvs

In above posts it mentioned that old one brake pad is having 1 cut but that's not the case as i have 2 cuts and even its not working perfectly.

Most Important: I told them that my ODO got rested once, i dont know how? to my surprise, he told me sir that's fine each xuv's ODO will get reset once before first 250km. Can somebody please confirm me the same?
Old 16th April 2012, 10:59   #222
Senior - BHPian

Can we setup a poll here on this thread where owners can vote on which areas of the vehicle is showing problems more! They should be allowed to vote for more than one I guess if someone has observed issues for more than one area.
Categories like, electronics gizmos, mechanicals, performance, drive/handling and so on can be added to understand what are the areas where more issues associated with. Along with this information, if we can pick the mfg batch details, that will help us understand if there was an issue with a specific batch (which looks to be the case for some common issues). Hopefully site can provide a poll feature that can capture these kind of details.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 22:20   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
I hope to get it done tomorrow then drive to Pune! So should see if it has resolved the tyretronics error alarm.
What do you mean by" SHUT THE STARUP" noise?
Has anyone updated the maps to ver7.0?
Went to have the SW upgrade to 4.0 but the RM informed me that if my version was 3.08 there was no need, especially if I was not facing any problems.
Well my drive to Pune & back was trouble free and even cruse control worked.

BTW when I cross 150Kmph I get a warning alarm! Is that normal?
Old 16th April 2012, 22:30   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
I ve driven a few other XUVs which throw this alarm at 150kmph but it goes off when I touch 160. IMO it is a normal indication of the vehicle's high speed.
Old 17th April 2012, 08:44   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz
Went to have the SW upgrade to 4.0 but the RM informed me that if my version was 3.08 there was no need, especially if I was not facing any problems.
Well my drive to Pune & back was trouble free and even cruse control worked.

The alarm is normal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks