Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2016, 13:04   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: OEM car battery life - How long did your OE battery last?

My K10, bought in Aug'10 is still on its original battery. I drive mostly short trips of 1/2 to 4 km with a few 15+ trips in a month. I have just cleared 14K km. Once or twice the battery did give some problem this winter, so I will definitely change it this August.
Old 21st April 2016, 13:47   #722
BHPian

I got a March 2012 Ford New Fiesta. Odo was reading 76800km when I returned it back in Nov'15.
Still I could see the car starting in one crank without any issues, when I got a chance to drive/check it recently this month.
I think, the battery is still going on even after 4 years. Vow!

Regards,
Maverick79
Old 5th May 2016, 17:55   #723
BHPian

OEM Amaron Battery went faulty today just completing few months over 2 years in Warranty on Hyundai i10 1.1 IRDE2, Hyundai service rep is advising to replace with 4 year warranty Amaron Battery costing around Rs 3,000

Does it have such short battery life? Comparatively My Chevy beat never gave any battery problem even after using it for over 5 years until it was sold.
Old 5th May 2016, 20:11   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
OEM Amaron Battery went faulty today just completing few months over 2 years in Warranty on Hyundai i10 1.1 IRDE2, Hyundai service rep is advising to replace with 4 year warranty Amaron Battery costing around Rs 3,000

Does it have such short battery life? Comparatively My Chevy beat never gave any battery problem even after using it for over 5 years until it was sold.
I guess OEM Battery on a new car is of lower quality than the ones sold directly, my SF battery lasted only 2 years and nine months on the Civic-AT. The next Amaron-Pro lasted five years (actually it did not fail, but I replaced it since I did not take a risk of it failing on an AT).
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:53   #725
gpa
Senior - BHPian

The SF Sonic OEM battery on the Honda Brio seemed to have a self-destruct timer built inside it as the battery lasted exactly 4 years. The Brio completed 4 years on May 19, 2016 and the next day (May 20) the car wouldn't crank in the evening.

Jump-started the car and drive home and come Saturday morning took the car to my friendly neighborhood battery guy who confirmed one very weak cell and low cranking voltage of 9V.

Although, the car cranked up fine the next morning, but I didn't want to risk having another sudden-death episode especially since there are a few long drives planned in the coming months. Replaced it with an Amaron Flo with 48 months warranty for INR 3,300 after a buyback of INR 200 for the old battery.
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:35   #726
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a WagonR which will turn 5yrs old in July. The car is running on the original SF Sonic battery. Last winter, I was expecting the battery to give up and was planning to change it proactively to avoid getting stranded. But then I was suggested "Why fix anything that ain't broken" and I backed out. So far so good, the car is running fine.

It might be my usage pattern. In the past 8 months, the car has run 'almost' daily. It has rested for a maximum of 15-20 days at max (in 8 months), which includes a stretch of 10 continuous days when I was out of town.
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:28   #727
Senior - BHPian

My Figo diesel's OEM Motorcraft battery lasted about 2.8 years. There were lot of warning signs - ABS light & water in diesel filter light when cranking and eventually long cranking if parked for a day or two. Got an Amaron Flo from batterybhai.com for 3800 with a 4 year warranty.
Old 23rd June 2016, 03:06   #728
BHPian

Finally I could find replacement battery. It cost me 12k compared to the quote of 45k I received from showroom. Let me know if anyone needs to know the battery specs for Audi 1.8 TSI.

The original one is rated for 105mAh as it has to support start stop feature.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd June 2016 at 07:40. Reason: Quote not required
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:41   #729
Senior - BHPian

The Motocraft battery on my Figo is nearing 6 years and I am wondering if I should replace it proactively since there is a long trip coming up.
There are no signs of weak battery yet, except that when left unused for few days, at times it takes two cranks to fire the engine. The scanner doesn't show low voltage (below 10) on cranking either.
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:15   #730
BHPian

The original Mercedes AGM battery in my car is now 9 years old and still going strong. AGM batteries tend to last longer.
71Convertible is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:38   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
OEM Amaron Battery went faulty today just completing few months over 2 years in Warranty
Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
I guess OEM Battery on a new car is of lower quality than the ones sold directly
Not necessarily. My Alto Exide OEM lasted just over 3 years, but by A-star Amaron OEM is still going strong after 5 years. I think it has more to do with luck than battery quality (even if you consider the hue and cry about Exide's bad quality)

Last edited by jinojohnt : 23rd June 2016 at 16:40.
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:56   #732
Senior - BHPian

I usually change my battery when it shows the first sign of weakness.(May be 3 years or lesser.)
The reason being that I donot want to be stranded if the car doesn't start when I am on a holiday away from home
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 18:23   #733
BHPian

Yesterday i replaced my i20 OEM battery which lasted for 4.5 years with Amaron which comes with 4 years warranty for rs 3800/-
Old 13th July 2016, 17:25   #734
BHPian

Ford Ecosport Battery

Hi Guys,

My ford ecosport battery has been giving problems for the past month. Few times car wouldn't start.Service guy comes and fixes the issue. He says battery charge was down. When i send it for service they check and tell me battery health is good. Car is 3 years old, 45000 km driven. Again happened today. Service centre people tell me i have to only install ford battery, else extended warranty would be void, Is this True? Battery life only 3 years for ecosports?

Thanks
Srinivas
Old 13th July 2016, 18:01   #735
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Ecosport Battery

Hi Switz

You need not purchase a Ford battery for sure. Go with any brand, but keep the specs similar.

Our poll suggests that about 20% of the OEM batteries give way in the first three years, yours looks to be in the same bracket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks